Page 457 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 ... LastLast
Results 11,401 to 11,425 of 41810
    My last posts reads like.... oh it is snowing here.... so i dont believe in climate change.... no thats not what i mean

The death of covid 19 is very selective

It is panic and hysteria now.

But wait!!!!

1st wave = lock down
    Ease = 2nd wave

Same for all states around world

There is no meassurment to protect from such a aggrsive virus.

Only if u a have bunker and you xray yourself for 5min everyday

If you have enough insetivecare beds per citizens it is easy.

If not you are fucked as a state

Sent from ullr with love!

Quote Originally Posted by nordekette View Post
    My last posts reads like.... oh it is snowing here.... so i dont believe in climate change.... no thats not what i mean

The death of covid 19 is very selective

It is panic and hysteria now.

But wait!!!!

1st wave = lock down
    Ease = 2nd wave

Same for all states around world

There is no meassurment to protect from such a aggrsive virus.

Only if u a have bunker and you xray yourself for 5min everyday

If you have enough insetivecare beds per citizens it is easy.

If not you are fucked as a state

doctors are starting to report cases of covid infecting the brain

https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/928069

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    People continue to read what they want to read and make it fit their own views. The last 4 pages have made that abundantly clear. Painfully obvious the one sided view of some. Individuals on both the far left and far right continue to show their bias and inability to think on their own.

If you interpreted what I said as holding up Trump as some great person that should be worshiped, you are a fool. If you don't consider being elected president of the United States as a success, you are lying to yourself. To be clear, I said it was moronic to say that "Trump has failed at everything in life." Also, yes, being elected President is probably a greater single accomplishment then any career accomplishment any mag has accomplished.

Anyhow, carry on.
    I would recommend stop writing about how accomplished Trump is if you don't want people to critique you. Not rocket science here. The guy is demonstrably a POS human.

Back to the topic at hand. I think it's nice to see some of the states that implemented the more stringent stay at home policies/recommendations are now seeing things flatten out potentially. Hopefully that will also be a roadmap for other states to follow that have been reluctant to implement such policies.

I could see there being a need to cut off travel to states that have drug their feet on these types of approaches...it's going to be tough as there are no hard borders between states to keep folks from crossing.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

It is not trumps fault that the american medical stystem cannot handle this pandemic.

The roots and history goes back.
    You need free public healthcare.

Big hospitals with goid equipment. The rest.... ahhh...... wash your hands

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Ugh... there is a FB post running on a page I loosely follow where people are mocking CV-19 deaths saying it's fake news.
    Time to trim your Facebook bush. Unless you are just monitoring the eejuts.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Today, China lifted the lockdown in Wuhan. Meanwhile America is on a trajectory to endure more illness, more dying, and more economic damage from COVID-19 than any other comparable developed country.

The President is not to blame for the epidemic. The lack of preparedness of the United States for a pandemic is Trump’s fault.
    The lack of preparedness is the fault of multiple administrations and of career people in the CDC, FDA, HHS. And there's nothing unusual about a country being unprepared for disaster. The old adage of always fighting the last war applies. Since 9/11 the "war" on terror has been the preoccupation of our security services, our Maginot Line if you will. The trillions we have spent in Iraq could buy a lot of masks.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Let me guess, that Facebook thread is primarily Eastern Washington people? Local forum in Winthrop is full of wack jobs like that.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

To be clear, I said it was moronic to say that "Trump has failed at everything in life." Also, yes, being elected President is probably a greater single accomplishment then any career accomplishment any mag has accomplished.
    I am nice to puppies, which in itself makes me a better human than Trump, and more highly accomplished.
    You never answered...name ONE thing Trump has done right, please (that wasn’t too little, too late).
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post

I worked for Gates back in the day and find peoples adulation of him hysterical.
    Can we circle back to this comment for a second? I have a serious question. I only know Bill through equestrian pursuits and he's always been nice/seemed sane/reasonable. Are you saying he's not what he seems? Is he bad/evil/underhanded/calculating?

I only ask because I totally dismissed my GF when she told me Bill & Melinda had their foundation create CV-19 in a lab so they could develop a vaccine from which they would profit. It sounds ludicrous to me but maybe I have no clue.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Can we circle back to this comment for a second? I have a serious question. I only know Bill through equestrian pursuits and he's always been nice/seemed sane/reasonable. Are you saying he's not what he seems? Is he bad/evil/underhanded/calculating?

I only ask because I totally dismissed my GF when she told me Bill & Melinda had their foundation create CV-19 in a lab so they could develop a vaccine from which they would profit. It sounds ludicrous to me but maybe I have no clue.
    My earliest knowledge of Gates was his portrayal as Elmo pug, CEO of ScumSoft in the Space Quest games

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	046870C3-7526-48FD-98C0-1DD733632ABF-2343-0000006CD41E1B7E.JPG 
Views:	83 
Size:	940.8 KB 
ID:	324481

Ummm...

Zero chance CV-19 was created in a lab. From posts in the past I think Buster just means he was a stereotypical corporate shitbird who's now trying to sanitize his legacy through philanthropy--which of course is a long and proud American tradition.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    The lack of preparedness is the fault of multiple administrations and of career people in the CDC, FDA, HHS. And there's nothing unusual about a country being unprepared for disaster. The old adage of always fighting the last war applies. Since 9/11 the "war" on terror has been the preoccupation of our security services, our Maginot Line if you will. The trillions we have spent in Iraq could buy a lot of masks.
    True. Also not a great idea to take of our collective safety belt right before the Ford Corvid-19 crashed into a retaining wall.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    It's hate all right, but it ain't blind. He's earned it.
    Damn right. He's a total waste of space. I bet most of the people on this board could do a better job running the country if given a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Damn right. He's a total waste of space. I bet most of the people of this board could do a better job running the country if given a chance,.
    Literally just about anyone would do a better job, even Gretch.

Let's be completely honest, Trump has been more "successful" on the economic and personal accomplishment front then any of us here.
    Again, this is a bullshit statement despite your attempt to color what you actually said.
    Even if he lies about his true wealth, he still has a higher degree of wealth then us and he accomplished becoming President of the United States of America and one of the most powerful men in the world. What exactly have we all done? Become dentist, saved the money to send kids to college as a nd have a nice retirement?

And no, I am not talking "true happiness and chi"
    The only reason Trump has more money than I do is because he was given it. Don't deny you're holding this up as a measure of success.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Zero chance CV-19 was created in a lab. From posts in the past I think Buster just means he was a stereotypical corporate shitbird who's now trying to sanitize his legacy through philanthropy--which of course is a long and proud American tradition.
    Especially since CV-19 isn't a virus, but a disease from a virus...
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Indeed

CO = corona
    VI = virus
    D = disease
    19 = 2019

I just trademarked covid-20 thru 99.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Few friends have met him regarding MS & Foundation. Can be aloof, but the general consensus is that he is also extremely driven, passionate, intense and is wickedly sharp. Apparently has a "low tolerance for fools" kind of aura, but was very engaged when discussing about the topics at hand, be it energy, health or other interests.
    #ymmv I guess.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post

Yeah... thinking about that. Site is called "Beyond the Farside" and they post some amusing stuff by by and large they kinda seems like mouth breathers.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Let me guess, that Facebook thread is primarily Eastern Washington people? Local forum in Winthrop is full of wack jobs like that.
    Nope - nation if not world wide. See above.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

It's ridiculous to claim that the Gates would have created the virus.

I worked for him, designed, patented and implemented the interprocess communication mechanism for windows/nt (yes, hate me, you're running my code). I did not like the way he treated people and went on about his basic interpreter during the design review. I have other bones to pick with him regarding promises of compensation his management made to me that were never fulfilled.

Cutlers' team, the guys who designed and wrote the NT kernel, told me my shit was the most innovative thing they'd seen done at msft. They were tough assholes too, but at least could show some respect.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Just the other day I read a first person account of flying home from Hong Kong to Atlanta, which is a 24 hour experience, and not once after the east was anybody concerned if this person could be a carrier of the virus. This was just about six days ago. It's pretty shocking to read that stuff. Many accounts of just walking through customs at JFK, Hi, Bye, where's my Uber?

Oh, but, I just remembered I read an account of a British guy and his Chinese wife who flew back to the mainland about 10 days ago, and, hoo boy, were they checked every step of the way, and, of course, quarantined for 14 days at the end.

China is going to come out of this so much more powerful and respected. This century is theirs to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by GeezerSteve View Post
    Indeed

CO = corona
    VI = virus
    D = disease
    19 = 2019
    D=December the month is was discovered

Sorry if already mentioned:

Today’s update to healthdata.org includes modeling output for different countries, including Sweden.