Page 384 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 ... LastLast
Results 9,576 to 9,600 of 41810
    3 weeks ago we were told 4 million test kits would be available. Less than 1 million tests (positive, negative, and pending) so far. https://covidtracking.com/data/ Did they lie to us ?

Quote Originally Posted by truckeelocal View Post
    Did they lie to us ?
    Inconceivable
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

FDA approves emergency use of Hydroxychloroquine for Covid19:

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/f...133908197.html

Sounds like the stuff is working for some people. I wonder if the people who are already on it are then immune or resistant to Covid19?

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post

Sounds like the stuff is working for some people. I wonder if the people who are already on it are then immune or resistant to Covid19?
    https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...plaquenil.html

In France, pharmacies have been overwhelmed by demands for Plaquenil, leading one pharmacist quoted by Le Monde to exclaim: “Perhaps Raoult is right, but instead of taking the time to carry out a serious study, he has given us two months of theatrics.”

Critics argue that not only were there too few subjects in the chloroquine study, but that some of them dropped out during the trial, potentially skewing the results. In addition, Raoult has not released the raw data from the trial, which, remarkably, was not double-blinded. According to Dominique Costagliola, chief epidemiologist at the Pasteur Institute, the trial was so slapdash that “it is impossible to interpret the described result as being attributable to the hydroxychloroquine treatment.”

N.J. Files Charges for Violating Social-Distancing Orders (1:25 p.m. NY)

In New Jersey, Governor Phil Murphy made good on a promise to name and shame people accused of violating social-distancing orders. His attorney general, Gurbir Grewal, sent out a news release detailing cases against a score of people, an unusual move for low-level offenses like disorderly conduct.
    Among the residents facing charges are four buddies who met to drag race in a school parking lot, men who held weddings, a woman who left her home to toss a Molotov cocktail at her boyfriend’s residence -- unsuccessfully -- and a billiards hall owner who reopened after he was ordered to close. At least a dozen people have been charged with threatening to transmit the virus.

I bet she could argue self-defense what with all the domestic violence going on. That's essential, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Goniff View Post
    N.J. Files Charges for Violating Social-Distancing Orders (1:25 p.m. NY)

In New Jersey, Governor Phil Murphy made good on a promise to name and shame people accused of violating social-distancing orders..
    Among the residents facing charges are four buddies who met to drag race in a school parking lot,
    What, were they all in the same car?

Yeah, there's literally thousands of articles claiming that it works and another thousand claiming that it doesn't. I was just pointing out that the FDA has approved it for emergency use, so they must think that there is at least a chance that it works for some people.

Yeah, there's literally thousands of articles claiming that it works and another thousand claiming that it doesn't. I was just pointing out that the FDA has approved it for emergency use, so they must think that there is at least a chance that it works for some people.
    It also is doing what the Trump administration asks of it since the FDA is part of the DHHS. Under a typical administration we might be able to trust that the FDA is acting on scientific information; however, IMV we can't assume that to be the case with this administration unfortunately.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    The other half of my transit job nightmare is the nightmare of my wife managing a grocery dept. and having a bad back in the last couple months from having to do more stocking and unloading than she should with a fused spine. Now it’s just mayhem. Infectious mayhem, hoarding mayhem, personnel and scheduling mayhem.
    The silver lining is we still only have a couple of cases in the county so far.

This stuff with Albertsons et al is why a piecemeal private sector approach to public health policy is untenable. The CEOs’ only constituency is their shareholders, they need these choices to be made by govt. because govt is the party charged with overall public safety...and these are situations where public health and profitability conflict.

There’s (now and will be more soon) new types of companies hiring.
    I bet landscaping is going to be big this year with people staying home. Fence building? Possibly more fixing up old cars and trucks? Have you browsed around indeed or ziprecruiter? I’ve been focused on taxes and a few other things I have to get off my desk but I’m seeing unique offers in my inbox every day.

And yeah I figure if enough people put pressure on their local governors it will force the hands of the grocery outlets to make some changes. They’ve already made some. But unless this thing “miraculously “ blows over there’s going to need to be more.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    What, were they all in the same car?
    Guy in the front seat probably won then.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    It also is doing what the Trump administration asks of it since the FDA is part of the DHHS. Under a typical administration we might be able to trust that the FDA is acting on scientific information; however, IMV we can't assume that to be the case with this administration unfortunately.
    But I doubt that it is a vast conspiracy to make some money of a cheap malaria drug that is already widely used to treat lupus and RA. The FDA just reduced the regulatory hoops that a doc has to go through to prescribe it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    I bet landscaping is going to be big this year with people staying home. Fence building?.
    Flu pandemic is up next, start building those razor wire fences now.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Guy in the front seat probably won then.
    Lulz. Golf clap.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

'Abolish For-Profit Health Insurance,' Say Progressives as Analysis Warns Companies Could Hike Premiums by 40% Amid Pandemic - "Corporate-run health insurance isn't about saving lives. It's about making as much money as possible.
    https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...emiums-40-amid
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Wonderful, 40 cases in my little ski town in the French Pyrenees, population 1000.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

In honor of this threads title, I heard they just found the source of the pandemic, as in this dude bringing home the bacon:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	146-P2155266.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	1.00 MB 
ID:	322963

China had already banned trade in wild animals, and a month ago fortified it with “Comprehensively Prohibiting the Illegal Trade of Wild Animals, Eliminating the Bad Habits of Wild Animal Consumption, and Protecting the Health and Safety of the People,” thus banning all trade and eating of non-aquatic wild animals.

But they have their usual loopholes like for medicinal purposes, and bear bile is now in the crosshairs for curing coronavirus:

https://www.facebook.com/ScienceNatu...8022025322820/

So expect more viruses out of the "medicinal" markets.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey E View Post
    In honor of this threads title, I heard they just found the source of the pandemic, as in this dude bringing home the bacon:

China had already banned trade in wild animals, and a month ago fortified it with “Comprehensively Prohibiting the Illegal Trade of Wild Animals, Eliminating the Bad Habits of Wild Animal Consumption, and Protecting the Health and Safety of the People,” thus banning all trade and eating of non-aquatic wild animals.

But they have their usual loopholes like for medicinal purposes, and bear bile is now in the crosshairs for curing coronavirus:

Right? And if they get medical, recreational is right around the corner.

Slippery slope... what are the people who've been depending on that drug to survive for years do when they can no longer source it, or afford it?

Covid-20
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Inconceivable
    . . .

Name:	33A0576D-84C5-4482-A580-F41EC3EEAA5A.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	228.7 KB 
ID:	322966

Smoking too much weed and drinking too much for someone not really working.

"timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Trump voter.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine are and started life long ago as malaria treatments, to the point that the only malaria strains that aren't chloroquine-resistant are from parts of Central America W. of Chagres and Dominica.
    So the Trump Pandemic will likely have the effect of making all the current strains of malaria chloroquine-resistant...