Page 140 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... LastLast
Results 3,476 to 3,500 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by carpathian View Post
    What are the collective thoughts on power staying on? Gas companies still pumping gas to heat houses etc?

My upstairs heater needs electric outlet. Downstair heat runs without power. No wood stove. 5 degrees out this morning.

I have freezer full of fish and a bag of rice but as of today I am thinking about how to cook the fish if shit really goes down.
    Gonna go get a propane cook top tomorrow so we can at least eat and melt snow for water.

It will be like winter camping kids!
    I work for a local utility and there will be business as usual right now with no talk of stopping that.

Water and power is my last concern. Restocking the medicine cabinet is a priority. I will assume one of the 7 people in my immediate circle will need it. Even if it’s just the common cold. Walmart was sold out of Tylenol and NyQuil. People are hoarding.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by zartagen View Post
    Better to go with an elbow tap.
    Or

10/01/2012 Site was upgraded to 300 baud.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Can anyone think of a good analogy to counter the ridiculous argument people are making trying to compare COVID-19 deaths with typical deaths from the flu in a year? I can't believe it's not completely obvious to everyone that you can't compare something known, like typical flu deaths, with something that's just getting started.
    It’s like standing inside a burning house quoting drowning statistics.

Chinese Rat Flu

Califorinia trying to step it up
    https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID...e_03.11.20.pdf

This seems like it may affect ski resort operations.

This local press release is pretty telling, especially related to the states capacity for testing: https://yubanet.com/regional/nevada-...-for-covid-19/
    Commercial labs testing will dramatically increase the state’s capacity to run tests. Last week, fewer than 200 tests could be completed in one day statewide. California Department of Public Health estimates that commercial labs in California will soon have the capacity to run over 5,000 tests per day. As testing expands, each county’s PUI number will likely increase substantially, and Nevada County will likely see a substantial increase in diagnosed cases of COVID-19.
    With approximately 800,000 California residents (or 2% of California’s population) possibly experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms at this time of year, testing everyone with symptoms has not been possible. Though commercial labs are now testing for COVID-19, the demand for tests will still exceed the supply, but testing capacity continues to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    Attachment 319942

for shat and giggles.... where we went from the 7th - with nothing to do with WRG's post about dec/jan
    Notice 3/11/20 usa numbers ~ 437 to 1220 of course it would help to have run more than 8500 tests in the usa to date
    Is the U.S. graph measuring the spread of testing or the spread of coronavirus? We are and have been woefully short of tests from the start. Requirements to get tested have been ridiculously strict (and have been loosened only minimally). It's very possible there are many many cases and many deaths we are blind to, because we aren't testing enough.

More on test troubles
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/10/u...ng-delays.html

California doctors are complaining today that the test shortage and restrictive requirements continue, despite Pence's promise of 1 million tests last week and 4 million this week. I read the U.S. has tested only 10,000 people total.

China has an enormous test production capacity, and appears to have less need for testing. South Korea is reaching that point soon.

What's stopping a governor from declaring a state of emergency and importing foreign tests? I'm not a biochemist. However, I reviewed the CDC's COVID-19 rtPCR test procedure. This procedure looks super standard, and differs from the WHO and CCDC tests only in the primers (one of the reagents) used. The lab process and evaluation is otherwise identical. From a technical perspective, any lab that could qualify/run the CDC test could very simply substitute a foreign test. The governor's emergency declaration should provide legal cover, no? Usually, reasonably, and ethically, we ignore a few laws when they get in the way of saving lives.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post

This local press release is pretty telling, especially related to the states capacity for testing: https://yubanet.com/regional/nevada-...-for-covid-19/
    Hooray! MOaR!

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post

I would think closing trams would be a no brainer. Gondolas you could limit so that each group gets their own gondola, same with funitel. Chairs should be okay maybe singles get their own chair. But then if you create lines that's another issue.

I will once again be Self Kwarantining Individually with the pups.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

My son sent me this from the one supermarket we have in town. Just a few lonely rolls of the Hannaford brand on the shelves. At least there is plenty of shitty beer left.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	26183.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	575.1 KB 
ID:	319950

Someone in town reached out to my wife on Facebook last night. He's got 1,000 rolls stashed in his garage. Looking to wheel and deal I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    Water and power is my last concern. Restocking the medicine cabinet is a priority. I will assume one of the 7 people in my immediate circle will need it. Even if it’s just the common cold. Walmart was sold out of Tylenol and NyQuil. People are hoarding.
    Buy a refundable airline ticket as I noticed the stores in the airports I transited yesterday had cold and flu medicine at the Hudson's/Cibo's at RDU and EWR. Get the medicine, cancel ticket and head home. The medicine won't be cheap but it is there.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Did anyone notice that small seizure he seemed to have about 2 mins in? I think he choked on his words.

Love the way he couldn't resist placing blame.
    He was a nervous mess for once reading that 'prompter.

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    "We are all in this together. We must put politics aside, stop the partisanship, and unify together as one nation and one family. As history has proven time and time again, Americans always rise to the challenge and overcome adversity."

TGR response-> Orange man is dumb.
    The truth.

Quote Originally Posted by powbmps View Post

Someone in town reached out to my wife on Facebook last night. He's got 1,000 rolls stashed in his garage. Looking to wheel and deal I'm sure.
    Someone's gonna get robbed!

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    I would think closing trams would be a no brainer. Gondolas you could limit so that each group gets their own gondola, same with funitel. Chairs should be okay maybe singles get their own chair. But then if you create lines that's another issue.

I will once again be Self Kwarantining Individually with the pups.
    Why do you think strangers are more likely to infect you than people you know. It makes sense to limit the number of people you are exposed to, so avoiding everyone--strangers and friends alike-except for immediate family members makes sense, but you're ski buddies are just as dangerous as a stranger. We learned this regarding transfusion back in the early days of AIDS, when people thought mistakenly that receiving blood from friends and family was safer than from strangers.

Wipers on the storm.
    watch out for snakes

I think the point is that if you're going to be around your friends anyway, then you may as well be in the gondola with them if you're not otherwise going to practice social distancing... keep the chain in a cluster.

Apartment to close spaces, the real reason to shut ski areas it's not just other Associated things like the base Lodge lunch room or ski school or three families and their kids crowded into a two-bedroom condo.

What do you do when the local hospital is overwhelmed and can't accept the traumas? What about when the Base Clinic Personnel need to get pulled to the hospitals because Hospital Personnel are sick and the wards are overflowing?

That's when you shut off the supply of trauma patients by disabling the trauma enabling device known as the ski lift.

Colorado you also get people away from the altitude that turns subclinical cases into clinical cases with so many disease States.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    I’m serious, truck coming in. I’ll mail you a bottle.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    TGR group buy?

A pretty comprehensive guide that will be updated daily.

https://arstechnica.com/science/2020...e-coronavirus/

Has anyone been to a strip joint since this all started? Are the strippers wearing masks?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Has anyone been to a strip joint since this all started? Are the strippers wearing masks?
    I drive by the world famous Tattletale’s Lounge this weekend; jam packed parking lot at noon on a Saturday.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Sounds like a new fetish.

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    Is the U.S. graph measuring the spread of testing or the spread of coronavirus? We are and have been woefully short of tests from the start. Requirements to get tested have been ridiculously strict (and have been loosened only minimally). It's very possible there are many many cases and many deaths we are blind to, because we aren't testing enough.

More on test troubles
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/10/u...ng-delays.html

California doctors are complaining today that the test shortage and restrictive requirements continue, despite Pence's promise of 1 million tests last week and 4 million this week. I read the U.S. has tested only 10,000 people total.

China has an enormous test production capacity, and appears to have less need for testing. South Korea is reaching that point soon.

What's stopping a governor from declaring a state of emergency and importing foreign tests? I'm not a biochemist. However, I reviewed the CDC's COVID-19 rtPCR test procedure. This procedure looks super standard, and differs from the WHO and CCDC tests only in the primers (one of the reagents) used. The lab process and evaluation is otherwise identical. From a technical perspective, any lab that could qualify/run the CDC test could very simply substitute a foreign test. The governor's emergency declaration should provide legal cover, no? Usually, reasonably, and ethically, we ignore a few laws when they get in the way of saving lives.
    World wide shortage of RNA extraction kits right now and Qiagen can't keep up with demand.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Amazing. The most important address of his term, and he either lied again or just fucked up.

https://mobile.twitter.com/heathmayo...32556445679617

And this is just bizarre. How does it make any sense that only Americans can freely travel. I guess the answer to that is that Trump needs an Other to blame for this thing that is going to rapidly spread here, so that's anybody in Europe besides the Brits.

https://twitter.com/HomelandKen/stat...23213910433794

Quote Originally Posted by Neurodoc View Post
    It’s like standing inside a burning house quoting drowning statistics.
    I like it. I was thinking it's like saying, after the first week of baseball season "the Yankees suck this year. They've only won three games. Last year they won 103."