Page 63 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 41810
    Pretty sure that’s true for most viruses.... mutation and all that.

Name:  yikes9.png
Views: 386
Size:  828.4 KB
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yikes8.png 
Views:	90 
Size:	920.5 KB 
ID:	318494

Name:	yikes6.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	376.7 KB 
ID:	318499

Name:	yikes1.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	289.4 KB 
ID:	318495

Name:	yikes2.png 
Views:	83 
Size:	625.8 KB 
ID:	318501

Name:	yikes3.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	267.0 KB 
ID:	318496

Name:	yikes5.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	324.3 KB 
ID:	318497

Name:	yikes4.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	251.4 KB 
ID:	318500
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    Pretty sure that’s true for most viruses.... mutation and all that.
    not so. true for some--infuenza of course, shingles is a reactivation of latent chickenpox virus but in that case it's not a reinfection but virus that has been lurking silently in the nerves, not any others that I can think of off hand but I'm sure some one can. But not most.

^^^Shouldn't there be armed guards, ready to shoot any Coronavirus afflicted, that might try to escape. There's always one or two crazy infected types that go bonkers, and start trying to eat someone, or is that just in zombie movies?
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

What am I looking at here?

Sent from my SM-N960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    LOL

I have a question that requires some siense.....What if someone who survived the infection gave blood to someone who hasn't had it - would the blood recipient gain the antibodies' ability to kill the virus???

Passive transfer can work- but it won't re-program the donee's immune system to make the neutralizing antibodies, once the half life of the transfusion is up so is the protective effect. Ie, could be a therapeutic approach but not a preventive one outside of an exposure is within hrs-days for the transfer.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

"As a dog returns to his vomit, so a fool repeats his folly" — Proverbs 26:11
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    People are going to start emptying out the stalls at their places of employment before too long.
    They put all of the extra TP, paper towels, hand sanitizer and hand soap under lock and key at my place of employment today. Only 1 roll of TP per bathroom, if it runs out, you have to go request more. Same with hand sanitizer, one pump per person, and only by request, no more bottles sitting out by the copier.

Fucking retarded, just like the rest of the hysteria.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    not so. true for some--infuenza of course, shingles is a reactivation of latent chickenpox virus but in that case it's not a reinfection but virus that has been lurking silently in the nerves, not any others that I can think of off hand but I'm sure some one can. But not most.
    Thank god herpes is a one and done virus.

My friend really thanks god for that (not me, why would I care?)

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    Passive transfer can work- but it won't re-program the donee's immune system to make the neutralizing antibodies, once the half life of the transfusion is up so is the protective effect. Ie, could be a therapeutic approach but not a preventive one outside of an exposure is within hrs-days for the transfer.
    Convalescent plasma therapy already been proposed https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...141-9/fulltext
    "Great barbecue makes you want to slap your granny up the side of her head." - Southern Saying

Yea it’s just like most other cold/flu when it comes to mutation. You get it over and over due to mutation.

KQs post is little more than fear mongering.

The most common cold-causing viruses are rhinoviruses (RVs) (10 to 50% of all colds), coronaviruses (10 to 15% of all colds), and influenza viruses (5 to 15% of all colds) ”

“The mutation rate has been estimated to range from 10−3 to 10−5 mutations per nucleotide per genome replication event (8). At ∼7,200 nucleotides long, the rhinovirus genome would be expected to accumulate roughly 1 mutation per replication cycle.”
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/art.../#!po=0.505051

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    They put all of the extra TP, paper towels, hand sanitizer and hand soap under lock and key at my place of employment today. Only 1 roll of TP per bathroom, if it runs out, you have to go request more. Same with hand sanitizer, one pump per person, and only by request, no more bottles sitting out by the copier.

Fucking retarded, just like the rest of the hysteria.
    Hah.

My work is very conservative/republican. So, other end of the spectrum. What coronavirus?
    focus.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^preface for shits and giggles, a minutes worth of air traffic on typical day

some usa diamond princess passengers
    some in a box showing symptoms
    some behind some plastic.. test positive , asymptomatic
    some formerly negative or asymtomatic poor americans 2 hours on buses, 11 hours on flights
    welcome to home
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post

My work is very conservative/republican. So, other end of the spectrum. What coronavirus?
    If shit gets bad I guess we can go to Alabama for supplies then.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Hah.

Well that's the funny thing, my office is extremely conservative. But really, I don't think politics entered into the thought process. So many people in this country are looking for any and every excuse to embrace a culture of fear, and these twits just found their fuckin' muse.

Refresher.

“Four coronaviruses, HCoV-229E, HCoV-NL63, HCoV-OC43, and HCoV-HKU1 circulate in the human population and collectively they are responsible for a significant percentage of the common cold as well as more severe respiratory disease in vulnerable populations”

Good read.

Titled-

Receptor-binding loops in alphacoronavirus adaptation and evolution

Abstract-

RNA viruses are characterized by a high mutation rate, a buffer against environmental change. Nevertheless, the means by which random mutation improves viral fitness is not well characterized. Here we report the X-ray crystal structure of the receptor-binding domain (RBD) of the human coronavirus, HCoV-229E, in complex with the ectodomain of its receptor, aminopeptidase N (APN). Three extended loops are solely responsible for receptor binding and the evolution of HCoV-229E and its close relatives is accompanied by changing loop–receptor interactions. Phylogenetic analysis shows that the natural HCoV-229E receptor-binding loop variation observed defines six RBD classes whose viruses have successively replaced each other in the human population over the past 50 years. These RBD classes differ in their affinity for APN and their ability to bind an HCoV-229E neutralizing antibody. Together, our results provide a model for alphacoronavirus adaptation and evolution based on the use of extended loops for receptor binding.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-017-01706-x

Good read? Refresher?
    No one in their right mind calls a structural biology paper a good read and you probably understand <10% of the individual words in that paper. We get it, you've heard that a virus can mutate and you know how to use google, now STFU with the not-so-humble brag and go back to comparing the orange cunt's response to Obama's, that's where you truly shine.

FINALLY, some common sense:

I'm seriously not worried about any of this nonsense other than its effects on global trade.

And the baseball season.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Good read? Refresher?
    No one in their right mind calls a structural biology paper a good read and you probably understand <10% of the individual words in that paper. We get it, you've heard that a virus can mutate and you know how to use google, now STFU with the not-so-humble brag and go back to comparing the orange cunt's response to Obama's, that's where you truly shine.
    Boom goes the dynamite.

As iceman pints out-> that is the exact response you get from a loon who has no evidence to back thier claims. BLOW IT ALL UP!

Ashame you can’t just provide facts to back it up. Goddamn you science!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Good read? Refresher?
    Show me where the three majors causes of illness -> the influenza, corona, and rhino do not mutate. Show me where this is novel.

I’m wait.

Untill then shut the fuck up troll.

I guess this is more up to the standard in here....

Why don't people become immune to the flu?

https://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/q...une-to-the-flu

That's not what I was pointing out. But whatever.

It was a little hard to figure out what you were trying to say, but if it's:

Since all coronaviruses mutate quickly, then they're all essentially "novel" when they come around, so what makes this one different?

Then I've been wondering the same thing. No doubt there's an answer to that question, I just don't know what it is.

So everyone is calm as fuck today. Nothing to see here. Market is bouncing back.

Give it 30 days and quote this reply.

Two words: Exponential Growth

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Since all coronaviruses mutate quickly, then they're all essentially "novel" when they come around, so what makes this one different?
    Pangolin
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<