Page 395 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 ... LastLast
Results 9,851 to 9,875 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    FYI...in case you have never done it, buying and replacing the electronics in your appliances is not hard and is rather economic...if needed.

As for washers and dryers and manufacturing in the US...I recently bought a set of Whirlpools. They work awesome and I am happy with them. Load and Go is way more convenient then I could of ever thought and having sanitation cycles on both the washer and dryer has come in handy during all this...even if it is all just mental. I have two small children that have been working through potty training and bed wetting. It is nice to be able to hit sanitize and have the washer dispense the detergent based on load weight, etc. Fill it up every couple weeks.

Funny enough, the electronics are the thing I worry most about them...which is the parts probably made over seas (boards, etc.). The buttons are not tactile and you have to press for 3 seconds while it count downs...safety I guess? Sometimes they act out and I have to turn the machine off and back on. Been like that since new though.

We also recently bought a Hot Springs spa. Made in San Diego. Great craftsmanship and quality...been super happy with it. Guess where my Tacoma was made? Also, my Outback?

We can still make things in the US and frankly, I hope all of this gives consumers a new appreciation for American made. Heck, my company makes our stuff in the US, however, we do some assembly work in Mexico. With that said, I would also rather buy something made in Canada or Mexico over something made in China.

We can all sit here and say how terrible Trump is, etc., however he has been more successful then our last couple presidents at negotiating trade agreements and is the first in a long time to stand up to China's trade practices. I think it is the one positive we can say about him.
    I actually am really happy with our LG set. Our dryer went over New Years. That thing was well past two decades. My old gear was so old, it was all mechanical and easy to fix. But the new gear is way more efficient, and overall works way better. I’m hoping things work out with it. Just have had friends and family over the past few years that had equipment shot the bed in short time. I went with what we got primarily based on my mom’s reviews of longevity, simple design by modern standards, cost and CR review. But when it breaks down I’ll likely need to call someone instead of grabbing a tool box and opening up and replacing parts myself.

I would definitely say final assembly is important and is jobs. Toyota plant in Texas has 1,850 jobs. I am guessing it does mean much more then shit to those employees and their families.
    Of course. But who was talking about that?
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by TG View Post
    just figuring it out now?

put this disingenuous maga retard on ignore,
    and don't qoute the cunt so his drivel doesn't show up
    Ahh TG is too stupid to use the Googz. Its not wonder where in this current mess. Next he'll think trump tells the truth.

Dumbfucks gonna dumbfuck.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    The sheer fact that you'd make such a statement without linking a source tells me all I need to know.
    I'm presuming what you needed to know is www.google.com

Here's a link

http://www.g-feed.com/2020/03/covid-...-activity.html

and a really cool CDC view.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-03-31 at 1.00.29 PM.png 
Views:	103 
Size:	610.6 KB 
ID:	323088

^ The link is for pollution in China and the chart is for flu deaths in America but your original claim is "Across china and Italy total deaths are falling," not deaths for some causes are falling. Maybe we'll find all cause mortality did fall but it's doubtful comprehensive numbers are available at this point.

And if all cause mortality does fall in Wuhan and affected parts of Italy, what's the argument?

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Those asshole Chinese apparatchiks and their censorship, at least we don't have to put up with that BS here in America:

Hospitals Tell Doctors They’ll Be Fired If They Speak Out About Lack of Gear
    Get them an H1B1 visa and put them to work in USA hospitals.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    I'm presuming what you needed to know is www.google.com

Here's a link

http://www.g-feed.com/2020/03/covid-...-activity.html

and a really cool CDC view.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-03-31 at 1.00.29 PM.png 
Views:	103 
Size:	610.6 KB 
ID:	323088
    Do you think maybe, just maybe all cause mortality studies of an entire country might be confounded by regional outbreaks?

Shhhh ... the adults are trying to have a conversation.

^ The link is for pollution in China and the chart is for flu deaths in America but the original claim is "Across china and Italy total deaths are falling" not deaths for some causes are falling. Maybe we'll find all cause mortality did fall but it's doubtful comprehensive numbers are available at this point.
    That chart can't be flu deaths in the U.S. Looks at the numbers. But I agree it doesn't prove the original assertion. Also week ten ended on March 7th so we're seeing hardly any COVID-9 reflected in the chart.

^ The link is for pollution in China and the chart is for flu deaths in America but the original claim is "Across china and Italy total deaths are falling," not deaths for some causes are falling. Maybe we'll find all cause mortality did fall but it's doubtful comprehensive numbers are available at this point.

And if all cause mortality does fall, what's the argument?
    Uhm yes right in the first paragraph. "the reductions in air pollution in China caused by this economic disruption likely saved twenty times more lives in China than have currently been lost directly due to infection with the virus in that country."

^ Followed by the second paragraph, "None of my calculations support any idea that pandemics are good for health. The effects I calculate just represent health benefits from the air pollution changes wrought by the economic disruption, and do not account for the many other short- or long-term negative consequences of this disruption on health or other outcomes; these harms likely vastly exceed any health benefits from reduced air pollution."

And in case you didn't keep reading, per my point above that it's doubtful comprehensive numbers are available: "estimates are a prediction of mortality impacts, not a measurement. They are not proof that anything has happened."

With that said, I commend you for recognizing the enormous harm air pollution causes when it comes to human health. It's a big problem that will outlast COVID-19.

Do you think maybe, just maybe all cause mortality studies of an entire country might be confounded by regional outbreaks?

Shhhh ... the adults are trying to have a conversation.
    Read this last week then lost the link-

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/futur...ation-and-age/

All cause mortality, again misleading for China:
    "
    Many numbers seem small when expressed in per capita terms in a populous country like China. The direct deaths from COVID-19 in China may be only 0.03 percent of China’s estimated 10.5 million deaths this year. It may be 10 times as large if we just focus on the month of February. If we narrow in on Hubei province, then COVID-19 deaths would still represent less than 1 percent of estimated deaths for 2020, but almost 7 percent of all deaths in Hubei in February (Figure 3). For the city of Wuhan (not shown), COVID-19 could represent over 2 percent of all the deaths in 2020 and increased deaths in February by a quarter."

Move upside and let the man go through...

sorry if already observed, i know this site has been posted, but these charts are updated as data is updated: https://covid19.healthdata.org/ it's interesting (and sad) to observe (especially for states where the peak is sooner and the #'s all increase:

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    Uhm yes right in the first paragraph. "the reductions in air pollution in China caused by this economic disruption likely saved twenty times more lives in China than have currently been lost directly due to infection with the virus in that country."
    Pounds forehead on desk.

I wonder how many people grasp that efforts to flatten the curve also stretches the time out. States or countries that have taken more of a "take it on the chin" approach are going to have more overall deaths, but they're also going to get through this faster. People are going to be getting very antsy when we're going through the tail end of this.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I wonder how many people grasp that efforts to flatten the curve also stretches the time out. States or countries that have taken more of a "take it on the chin" approach are going to have more overall deaths, but they're also going to get through this faster. People are going to be getting very antsy when we're going through the tail end of this.
    So you mean chart 13b

https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coron...e-be9337092b56

the problem is obviously the end of life care

which would not be a problem if you just put the old people out on an iceflow like we do up here
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

On the bright side, guessing drunk driving deaths are down.

People would also get pretty antsy if we took it on the chin and only had three months of 50,000 deaths per day.

Speaking of deaths per day. Who's getting to 1,000 first? My money is on Spain tomorrow or we tie them Wednesday. Unless we get to 800 today, which is seeming more and more possible.

What countries are still trying to take it on the chin? Sweden, Mexico? They have to reach herd immunity (lets say at least 60% infected) before they are through this. Approximately 1% of those 60% who are infected will be dead, in a short period of time, decimating their health care system, with ripple effects through all aspects of society. I don't think anyone will be envious of those countries 12-24 months down the road.

Here's the latest from Sweden:

https://twitter.com/cmhrrs/status/1244710002251763716

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    On the bright side, guessing drunk driving deaths are down.
    School shootings too.

I mean the difference in the black curve and the blue curve in chart 5. Flattening that peak down means shifting out to the right more on the tail end.

I mean the difference in the black curve and the black curve in chart 5. Flattening that peak down means shifting out to the right more on the tail end.
    Was referring to the "take it on the chin" ... but yeah ... we're saying the same thing.

Can't say I disagree with this:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...-adoring-press

Cuomo is getting undeserved love...as I said before.
    Completely agree. And worse, his idea of send him “everything” because NY is peaking “first” etc is completely irresponsible. What if he’s wrong about the other cities “curves”. He’d be in no position to give up equipment. Plus, his math is stupid wrong to begin with.

But he sounds good.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Brazil for one. I don’t have a list but spoke to someone from there yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    What countries are still trying to take it on the chin? Sweden, Mexico? They have to reach herd immunity (lets say at least 60% infected) before they are through this. Approximately 1% of those 60% who are infected will be dead, in a short period of time, decimating their health care system, with ripple effects through all aspects of society. I don't think anyone will be envious of those countries 12-24 months down the road.

Here's the latest from Sweden:

https://twitter.com/cmhrrs/status/1244710002251763716

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    School shootings too.
    Progress! Always look on the bright side of life.