Page 304 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 ... LastLast
Results 7,576 to 7,600 of 41810
    What happened to all those guys posting early last week claiming to have 'inside information' (text from a non-janitor friend at CDC, or info from first responder bro in law etc) claiming the nation was hours away from being on lock down?

People haven't put Ripz on ignore yet?

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    If you can stay out of other people's buildings and away from other people then I agree--no reason for you to wear a mask. Your situation is incredibly rare. The big issue for me is groceries. Delivery takes a week if you can get it at all and you don't know how much of what you order you will actually get. Hopefully the company that's doing the shopping and delivery (no one is doing it for pickup here) is hiring out of work waiters and bartenders. I inquired of the Truckee town council about organizing delivery on a large scale but I was told just to use the private company. Disappointing response from the town. The town is good at telling citizens what to do but not good at doing for the citizens. What social services there are are private nonprofit.

What puzzles me is that for all the criticism of Trump for not acting promptly, only a 1/3 of the US is under stay at home orders. I don't know if the federal government has the power to impose a stay at home order, but the government of every state that hasn't done it is just as guilty of delay as Trump. Unless of course you are of the opinion that we should let people die, let the epidemic burn itself out, and get the economic pain over with.
    Yes, Trump has that power. Federal Government can lock us all down if it wanted with emergency orders. He should have several weeks ago and ordered manufactures to produce and distribute PPE more than a month ago. Instead, the feds are frozen and scared and waiting to see what county sheriffs and state governors do to stop the spread.

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    Thought I’d share this off my feed. Written by an infected nurse in Washington.

This is the story of a nurse that got COVID-19. He’s 31 with no underlying conditions. This is his covid experience —-

COVID19 is not like the flu...at all... How do I know? Because I’ve lived through it to tell the tale!
    Can you provide a link so that I can cross post this to the "its just the flu" people?

Thx.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    What happened to all those guys posting early last week claiming to have 'inside information' (text from a non-janitor friend at CDC, or info from first responder bro in law etc) claiming the nation was hours away from being on lock down?
    We are not NOT there yet and that may still happen.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    The papers I read WRT to the flu were more focused on droplet size than the microscopic size of the virus itself. I don't know if it makes a difference, just a hypothesis, but if a mask stops the larger droplets that matter most then the better performing N-95s effectively prevent infection when used properly.
    I was going to say the same thing, the virus probably can't last minutes without a hydration shell, resp droplets should be on micron size.

We sterile filter virus like particles thru 0.2um filters. If we want it dead we UV treat.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

It would be nice if Nutmegchoi checked in. Haven't heard much from her since she posted that her test came back positive.

^^^^ The National Guard has been mobilized in NY, CA and some other states. Give it time. If everyone keeps driving all over the state to get to their favorite powder stash and going to church Sunday, then it will happen. Or we will have bigger problems that bad information.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    I was one of those posters. I did get a message from a girl who grew up down the street. She does work at CDC. I tested her back the next morning, and she said something along the lines "I thought twice about sending, but did it, because thought it was real", and have not heard back from her.

I never claimed "insider information" but posted exactly what came to my phone. She was wrong, completely. And it was days, not hours.

What is your point? That the feds are still fucking this up by not actually locking us down because mouth breathers are still gong to church on Sundays? Fucking JONG.

I imagine she is fine, but not feeling up to posting here as she and her man recover.

Well, if you are in Cali, IL, parts of Colorado, New York, some of that is true.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    It would be nice if Nutmegchoi checked in. Haven't heard much from her since she posted that her test came back positive.
    I hope she’s curled up with her cat staying warm and not reading about fear and loathing. Be well nmc

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    I hope she’s curled up with her cat staying warm and not reading about fear and loathing. Be well nmc
    Absolutely, wishing her all the best. Was just thinking about it as the NYC area seems to be seeing a lot of hospitalizations of younger/middle aged adults.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Can you provide a link so that I can cross post this to the "its just the flu" people?

Thx.
    https://www.facebook.com/1355245668/...772051999/?d=n

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Well, if you are in Cali, IL, parts of Colorado, New York, some of that is true.
    Not as bad as it will be.

Still haven't shut down the subways and Metro North.

See, I think it's actually going to go in the other direction, and that within two weeks everything will be back open and we'll be told that the risk is worth it for the good of the economy. Lots of people will die, and the healthcare system will get taxed to it's limit, but the hollow satisfaction of consumerism must not be threatened for long.

Quote Originally Posted by spanghew View Post
    Stupidity on parade. What’s your name, jackass honky?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    No. But ironically I tried to name my son that.
    Wife said no

She also rejected ding bang ow
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    What is your point? Fucking JONG.
    Common sense needs to be explained to you?

Since you're unable to apply rational thought and think twice about posting bullshit, you unnecessarily add to the hysteria. You wonder why people are panic buying? This is precisely why.

Do you understand that? Or do you need this illustrated maybe with a venn diagram, morons in one circle, misinformation in the other, and additional panic in the middle?

Ottime wants everyone in the country to be chained to their radiators for the next 6-8 weeks. He's all in on the panic.

"invoking force majeure" is very popular this morning in my field.

Once your governor shuts it all down, it’s a pretty clear force majeure
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    See, I think it's actually going to go in the other direction, and that within two weeks everything will be back open and we'll be told that the risk is worth it for the good of the economy. Lots of people will die, and the healthcare system will get taxed to it's limit, but the hollow satisfaction of consumerism must not be threatened for long.
    The Chinese lol.

Time to make the COVID19 test panels! Ramping up more manufacturing capacity Utardland Governor sending letters to our suppliers trying to secure our raw materials. I'm gonna be bubbleboy 6 days a week 8 hrs a day for the foreseeable future. Spending an 8 hour shift in a PAPR is the pitts. Air intake at waist level its the fart recycler god forbid your coworker cropdusts you . Hot and schweaty too. But I just surf teh TRG all day and occasionally jiggling the handle to keep the doughnut machine running LOL cant image in an ICU constantly moving and stressed for a 12, 18 or 24 hours straight in one.

#wemakecoolstuffClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20200323_091125.jpeg 
Views:	140 
Size:	139.0 KB 
ID:	321844
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    "invoking force majeure" is very popular this morning in my field.
    Wifey spent three entire days last week trying to explain that to a client rep.

All that PPE to keep things sterile, but you have your cell phone in your gloved hand...?!

Quote Originally Posted by happytimefunbox View Post
    Time to make the COVID19 test panels! Ramping up more manufacturing capacity Utardland Governor sending letters to our suppliers trying to secure our raw materials. I'm gonna be bubbleboy 6 days a week 8 hrs a day for the foreseeable future. Spending an 8 hour shift in a PAPR is the pitts. Air intake at waist level its the fart recycler god forbid your coworker cropdusts you . Hot and schweaty too. But I just surf teh TRG all day and occasionally jiggling the handle to keep the doughnut machine running LOL cant image in an ICU constantly moving and stressed for a 12, 18 or 24 hours straight in one.

#wemakecoolstuffClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20200323_091125.jpeg 
Views:	140 
Size:	139.0 KB 
ID:	321844
    Nice! Space man spiff. That a burner fone?

Quote Originally Posted by happytimefunbox View Post

#wemakecoolstuff
    Diaper or nah?