Page 297 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 ... LastLast
Results 7,401 to 7,425 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    #boomerremover No surprise from that place. Limited days anyway.

I was there a couple weeks ago visiting my college coach.
    We were there visiting friends when the shit hit the fan and to returned to ground zero. Meanwhile 6 20somthings needed S&R on the mountain last night. Above the snow line without gear or flashlights.
    Name:  Meetings.jpg
Views: 479
Size:  22.7 KB
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    If we mandated that nobody in the country could go out of their dwelling without a covering over their mouth we'd help the situation a ton. While surgical masks would be great, anything that would slow the spread of virus from the noses and mouths from infected people would be a positive. I've been saying this for a few days now and just today saw that they must have heard me in Uzbekistan, because it's now the mandate there.
    "No Mask No Entry" ← Make it so

It should have been done months ago but at least it's a start: yesterday it was announced FEMA and HHS are working on a half-a-billion-dollar order of N-95 masks.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Online grocery order with pick up for the win...
    My mom lives in a small town - she finally decided to start the online order thing with Wal-mart. No pick up times available today or tomorrow. She can of course wait, no big deal. But it could get interesting when everyone starts to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Come for the poo-slinging, Save a fortune on a plumber.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post

It should have been done months ago but at least it's a start: yesterday it was announced FEMA and HHS are working on a half-a-billion-dollar order of N-95 masks.
    which is SO frustrating since we knew about the shortage weeks ago! All these folks sewing masks should be for the common people - healthcare and first responders should have the real deals.
    Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Come for the poo-slinging, Save a fortune on a plumber.

If we mandated that nobody in the country could go out of their dwelling without a covering over their mouth we'd help the situation a ton. While surgical masks would be great, anything that would slow the spread of virus from the noses and mouths from infected people would be a positive. I've been saying this for a few days now and just today saw that they must have heard me in Uzbekistan, because it's now the mandate there.
    Yet some numb nuts are still saying masks hurt more than they help and that only sick people or medical staff should be wearing masks. At worst a mask can be completely ineffective. At best it could save your bacon. I get that there's a risk that people will hoard masks and then the people who really need them won't have them (which IS already happening), but that doesn't warrant spreading false information.

America is going strong. You'll get Italy in no time. No 1.

Unless someone has been feeding bad data to world of meters. +13.9k cases!
    Just like the military budget...

You have as many new cases as the next 5 states combined!
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by hikesalot View Post
    My mom lives in a small town - she finally decided to start the online order thing with Wal-mart. No pick up times available today or tomorrow. She can of course wait, no big deal. But it could get interesting when everyone starts to do it.
    Kroger in our area is hiring peeps to ramp up. It’s been a next day deal for us even before the Covid situation so waiting an extra day or two before pickup ain’t no thang

A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post

So where the fuck am I supposed to get a mask? The hospitals can't find them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Every single school in my county still has free lunch. We are all closed. Pick up at the lot.

I know a little about this because it’s my job. I run the program for my one school district.

But you go ahead and keep making up shit you don’t know about. That is what you do best.
    Good on ya mate

But don’t you see the parents and scratch your head thinking why can’t they spend some of that cigarette and coffee and iPhone money feeding the kids?
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Cover your face with literally anything. A buff, for example.

That's the make it so part. We need to make this happen.

In the short term N-95 masks must be prioritized for first responders, health care workers and the immunocompromised. After that, mass production and mass distribution of masks will make it possible for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mike View Post
    20%? You are giving waaaay too much credit:

Here's a look at the 10 most obese states in the U.S. and the percentage of obese adults living in that location, per Consumer Protect.
    West Virginia (38.1 percent)
    Mississippi (37.3 percent)
    Oklahoma (36.5 percent)
    Iowa (36.4 percent)
    Alabama (36.3 percent)
    Louisiana (36.2 percent)
    Arkansas (35 percent)

Source: https://www.foxnews.com/health/most-obese-states-in-us which ordinarily I would question, but I'm going to assume they are accurate when it comes to obesity because I'm confident that watching Fox and obesity have a strong positive correlation.
    well I read somewhere there were a lot of obese in the south somewhere > 20% but otherwise I just pulled that figure out of my ass

speaking to do I hate fat people ?

They say there is nothing worse than a preaching ex -anything, so when I started the life changing journey maybe 10yars ago I was an overfed long haired leaping nome at 175lbs on a 5'8" frame, an "overweight" BMI designation of 26 or 27, the a1c of 8.5-9 doc said i needed to do something about or die prematurely probably of heart related issues so not really "Fat" I did have a slight gut but you couldnt really tell

I quit using all added sugar, started reading white label on food products to see what products had more sugar than other products of the same type , cut portions by 40%

in < 6 months I ended up at 162 lbs, which gives me a "normal" bmi of 24.6 , my a1c drops to 7 ish and my MD loves me

so I'm here to tell you (cue the organ music ) theres something else
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Good on ya mate

But don’t you see the parents and scratch your head thinking why can’t they spend some of that cigarette and coffee and iPhone money feeding the kids?
    are you picturing them smoking a cigarette on the phone with a cup of coffee as they pick up their meals.

perhaps you should stop projecting
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    If this is still going on during wildland fire season it’s going to be a real conundrum with fire camps and smoke inhalation and evacuations and all that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/20/c...wildfires.html

Let me know if that's paywalled and I'll C&P.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    are you picturing them smoking a cigarette on the phone with a cup of coffee as they pick up their meals.

perhaps you should stop projecting
    That’s exactly how I picture it.
    In my mind

And also with my eyes irl.

Lol. Children are staaaarving. We must give free foods for the chiiiildren. They are staaaarving.
    . . .

Was that a Jethro Tull reference from XXXer? End times must be upon us.

Mask subject
    My understanding is the 95’s are machine intensive to make, surgical masks not.
    Clearly if true we should be drone dropping a box of surgical masks on every door step in the nation.

Surgical masks are designed to keep shit in, that's why they wear them in surgery, to keep the doctors/nurses etc. who might be sick from making a vulnerable patient sick. If everyone wore them (or a reasonable facsimile) it would help keep the sick among us from infecting other people. This is dead simple stuff.

Surgical masks are not very effective at keeping you from getting sick, but if you are infected they are effective at keeping you from getting someone else sick. I bet they're not a dime apiece at mass production volumes, there's not much to them. I don't understand why this is not public policy.

Save the N95's for medical staff and first responders.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Was that a Jethro Tull reference from XXXer? End times must be upon us.

Mask subject
    My understanding is the 95’s are machine intensive to make, surgical masks not.
    Clearly if true we should be drone dropping a box of surgical masks on every door step in the nation.
    Easiest thing to make has to be the pads for P100's and the like. And the virus is only 37% of the minimum size that N95's are intended to stop (95% of the time) anyway.

#NoMaskNoEntry

I have 5 surgical masks, and one dirty used n95 on my woodworking bench.
    Also a few buffs and balaclavas. I don’t think I actually have a bandana.

You know just about everything there is to know about anything and you cannot work that out?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Surgical masks are designed to keep shit in, that's why they wear them in surgery, to keep the doctors/nurses etc. who might be sick from making a vulnerable patient sick. If everyone wore them (or a reasonable facsimile) it would help keep the sick among us from infecting other people. This is dead simple stuff.

Surgical masks are not very effective at keeping you from getting sick, but if you are infected they are effective at keeping you from getting someone else sick. I bet they're not a dime apiece at mass production volumes, there's not much to them. I don't understand why this is not public policy.

Save the N95's for medical staff and first responders.
    Not Very effective, perhaps, but better than nothing. Both arguments should be brought to bear. And just under $1 on amazon right now, just not immediately in stock.