Page 153 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,825 of 41810

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Moot point. His schools cancelled already
    And if it isn't yet it will be soon and you'll have to bring him home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Splat, just asking a WWMD question, but I would expect nothing more than a wise ass remark from you. Are you in UT.? If so, I know not to go to Dibbs' tomorrow
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Gym eerily quiet today, which my be a precursor to just damn closed, but, ironically, I have never felt safer in that gym when there were so few in there.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Well hot damn! The place that gave us our first positive case of CV19 is still going to hold their gun show!

But it's for the children.

King County schools in WA closed till at least April 27th

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    God forbid people do some reading to educate themselves about the virus.
    Not a big god guy, but I do admit I've mostly ignored this except seeing the toilet paper madness.

I've been reading a lot and listening to npr and certainly have learned much today.

Staying ahead of the potential peak is very logical and this one is quite ugly.

I hope everyone's loved ones stay healthy and especially parents/grandparents who are most susceptible.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Why don’t they close the schools to everyone EXCEPT health care workers kids?
    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Today's Public Emergency Announcement in Washington State: "The governor asked superintendents to plan for students who rely on school meals and to support for students experiencing homelessness. During these closures, Inslee asked superintendents to provide no cost childcare to families providing medical and emergency services."

Here's what we're facing in about 10 days.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/12/w...gtype=Homepage

Quote Originally Posted by Goniff View Post

But we have our guns!

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    WWMD: My son (age 20) has a red-eye flight tomorrow to FLL. Right now, we are a bit concerned about flying. To me, airplanes are germ hotels. He has asked me to consider driving him to school in Miami. This 2700 mile trip would require 2 nights each way at hotels and multiple restaurant/truck stops along the way. I have a great car that loves long trips, and I don't mind the drive. Do I give up 10 days to give my son, wife and me peace of mind?
    Honestly, I think you put your son (and yourself) at greater risk staying in those hotel rooms and eating at all those restaurants for days, than him spending a few hours in a metal tube. He should take precautions, wipe the seat down, use buckets of hand sanitizer, etc, but he should take the flight IMO.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Honestly, I think you put your son (and yourself) at greater risk staying in those hotel rooms and eating at all those restaurants for days, than him spending a few hours in a metal tube. He should take precautions, wipe the seat down, use buckets of hand sanitizer, etc, but he should take the flight IMO.
    https://www.mynews13.com/fl/orlando/...classes-online

Chinese Rat Flu

Everything school related is shut down in Boulder County. Minimum extra 6 days tacked onto spring break, let you know after that.

Holy extended spring break!

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Chinese Rat Flu

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Everything school related is shut down in Boulder County. Minimum extra 6 days tacked onto spring break, let you know after that.

Holy extended spring break!

I’m just waiting to hear that in Denver.

Oops just saw DPS is closed starting Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Goniff View Post

What does it say for those of us not paying for NY Times?

Let me guess.

We’re all gonna die.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    But we have our guns!
    I’m cleaning mine up tomorrow...

Also, Sophie Trudeau positive..probably already been posted.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    What does it say for those of us not paying for NY Times?

Let me guess.

We’re all gonna die.

get chrome cookie remover extension, ya cheap bastard.

New Mexico shuts down schools. Remarkably proactive for a state mired in the late 19th century.
    https://www.santafenewmexican.com/ne...71820ad4d.html

Italy’s Health Care System Groans Under Coronavirus — a Warning to the World

In less than three weeks, the virus has overloaded hospitals in northern Italy, offering a glimpse of what countries face if they cannot slow the contagion.

ROME — The mayor of one town complained that doctors were forced to decide not to treat the very old, leaving them to die. In another town, patients with coronavirus-caused pneumonia were being sent home. Elsewhere, a nurse collapsed with her mask on, her photograph becoming a symbol of overwhelmed medical staff.

In less than three weeks, the coronavirus has overloaded the heath care system all over northern Italy. It has turned the hard hit Lombardy region into a grim glimpse of what awaits countries if they cannot slow the spread of the virus and ‘‘flatten the curve’’ of new cases — allowing the sick to be treated without swamping the capacity of hospitals.

If not, even hospitals in developed countries with the world’s best health care risk becoming triage wards, forcing ordinary doctors and nurses to make extraordinary decisions about who may live and who may die. Wealthy northern Italy is facing a version of that nightmare already.

“This is a war,” said Massimo Puoti, the head of infectious medicine at Milan’s Niguarda hospital, one of the largest in Lombardy, the northern Italian region at the heart of the country’s coronavirus epidemic.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2E04D6B0-AEC2-47A5-B2FD-163F01F892B0.png 
Views:	112 
Size:	472.3 KB 
ID:	320053
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I finally found a source of guanciale in town, so I can now make Amatriciana... and "real" carbonara.
    That sounds so good right now. FWIW, the bucatini with 4-meat meatballs and fresh garlic-basil sauce was perfect tonight. Washed down with a truly wonderful Avignonesi Desiderio.

To be fair, that was at University of Dayton, last week. They'll probably do it again tomorrow since they had their shot at a first ever #1 NCAA seed and player of the year honors yanked from them today.

In a day of ever-changing headlines and bizarre situations, I saw a few more: I took the dog for an hour long walk around the neighborhood after dinner - maybe because it was still a warm 77 degrees and clear spring evening, or if everyone was just given lots of unexpected time off, but man there were a LOT of people out, hanging in yards, driveways, drinking with neighbors and friends, a few walking to restaurants and bars, but absolutely NO ONE on the roads. Kinda eerie like the day after 9/11 or during the Akron-caused 2003 Northeast Blackout.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    The University had it's first positive test today. Shit is getting real.
    The next time someone says shit is getting real I'm going to cough in their face.

Oh boy, if that's our future, we are truly screwed.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Oh boy, if that's our future, we are truly screwed.
    No, as said before, it's just University of Dayton.
    I still call it The Jake.