Page 32 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
    What's your guys prediction on how this will play out in the lower 48?

Like what happens when there are 100 confirmed cases in a city like Boston, MA (for example)?

Will they even be able to force people in to quarantine? They could close schools and shit, but I could see so many people just not listening. Then, before you know it all the hospitals are full in Boston and then the entire East Coast.

Per my post #768, this shit will likely be everywhere in 6 months, so what can you do but have a months worth of food, water, booze, etc at home for when your area gets it. I for one will camp out at home and avoid everyone as much as possible once it shows up in my area.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post

Like what happens when there are 100 confirmed cases in a city like Boston, MA (for example)?

Will they even be able to force people in to quarantine? They could close schools and shit, but I could see so many people just not listening. Then, before you know it all the hospitals are full in Boston and then the entire East Coast.
    Read the The Great Influenza if you want to see what happened in the past.

I personally know of people violating their self-quarantine orders (not for Coronavirus though). On the other hand, someone got caught doing that in China and was beaten nearly to death by an angry mob.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post

yeah but its america so

what stock to buy ?

should i get rid of my health corp stocks
    Health
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

It's gonna get to Canada too eh.

You should prepare, get down to the US and stock up on booze and gas at Costco.

I'd buy stock in grocery delivery services. I expect water will still come out of the tap.

As one of the younger mags here, I honestly can't say that I'm that bothered by this whole coronavirus panic.

If anything, I feel bad for those living in the poor and underdeveloped parts of this world who will suffer the brunt of this latest 'flu' virus.

The panic might result in fewer people to deal with on my travels this year, so that'll be the plus.

And stocking up on things? Give me a break.

You can never have enough things, man.

Not really stocking up... most people probably have 2 weeks of food in their house just in the form of dried grains, cereal, snacks, pasta, oils, nuts and canned goods. If you don't have 2 weeks of food in your house you are foolish, not specifically because of the coronavirus. If you don't have it and want to prepare for any major temporary upheaval, you can be a cheapskate about it: drop $30 on a 50# sack of rice, a 50ct bottle of generic tylenol, and extra TP. Congrats you are prepped.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

A bag of beans, some camping stove fuel, and some hot sauce to go with that bag of rice and you’re set.

Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

If you guys aren’t stocked with enough bourbon and beer to last two weeks I just don’t think we can be friends.

https://youtu.be/NVgQxIjFddA

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    problem is when they say it is less deadly than the normal flu. the normal flu kills around .1% of it's victims whereas coVid-19 kills around 2.3% (a number that will likely be refined). That's over 20 times more deadly.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

With cost of labor so high I don't think restaurants get the cleanliness and sanitation as well as they should. Food borne and contagious transmission is rising at public dining places. I avoid..

^lol
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    With cost of labor so high I don't think restaurants get the cleanliness and sanitation as well as they should. Food borne and contagious transmission is rising at public dining places. I avoid..
    have any citations to back that up?
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    have any citations to back that up?

New research issued from a report by the U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has discovered that foodborne illness increased in 2018. FoodNet (The Foodborne Diseases Active Surveillance Network) conducts research for CDC and found 25, 606 infections, 5,893 hospitalizations, and 120 deaths were caused by foodborne illness in 2018.

While several E. coli breakouts have dominated recent headlines, there are many other diseases and bacteria that foodservice professionals must watch for. Several of these illnesses experienced dramatic increases in 2018 when compared to 2015-2017:

Cyclospora (399%)
    Vibrio (109%)
    Yersinia (58%)
    STEC (26%)
    Campylobacter (12%)
    Salmonella (9%)

And that doesn't include flu, colds, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    problem is when they say it is less deadly than the normal flu. the normal flu kills around .1% of it's victims whereas coVid-19 kills around 2.3% (a number that will likely be refined). That's over 20 times more deadly.
    Yes, that certainly is a vexing Vector.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    I think it wise for people to restrict their information on COVID 19 to authoritative scientific sources. As an example in the misinformation in this article, a review I did of of several scientific sources seems to indicate that COVID 19 is about 50% more transmissible than influenza with a mortality rate of 2-3% compared to perhaps 0.1% for influenza. The actual numbers for both diseases are hard to know, given the large numbers of undiagnosed cases for both diseases. The actual numbers for COVID 19 are particularly hard to get at because the disease has not been recognized for very long.

I'd suggest that people consider the reliability and expertise of any information source about COVID 19 (and everything else). Contrary to the belief of some, scientists for the most part know what they are talking about, have no agenda, try to convey information as accurately as possible, and adjust that information as often as new information warrants.

Things get murky when political leadership starts to interfere, which certainly could happen with COVID 19, as it may impact the election. (Worth remembering that Obama's ran as the candidate who had opposed the war in Iraq but the biggest issue facing his administration was the Great Recession. Bernie Sanders might be running on domestic economic and social issues but I could see a scenario where his administration would be focused on containing COVID 19--if it hasn't disappeared by then, like SARS.)

Maybe Trump’s Ministry Of Disinformation is writing the articles...

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Mmm, pangolin flakes in a bowl of bat milk
    I fuking LOL'd
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?