Page 342 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 ... LastLast
Results 8,526 to 8,550 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/g7-...rump-1.5510329

Pompeo is insisting that Covid-19 be refered to as the wuhan virus
    Now they're just trolling humanity.

Spats - you came on here all excited when dear leader talked about chlroroquine / hydroxychloroquine - and you kept talking about how it's been used for a long time. Then you started posting about the side effects - qtc prolongation specifically - with charts and tables etc

Now there's nothing wrong with learning new things and finding that exciting and even posting it here if you think it's that interesting. What's hilarious is that you framed it like you were enlightening front line health care workers - you literally titled your post "ATTENTION HEALTH CARE WORKERS - QTC CUTOFFS"

1) if these drugs have been used for as long as you said they have the professionals prescribing or using them in hospital are aware of the long known life threatening side effects

2) do you think front line health care workers are coming to you, in the Padded Room, on TGR, to the 288th page of the "Chinese Rat Flu" thread - to learn medicine and pharmacology??

You said "Reposting this because it's actual lifesaving information for the medical professionals reading this thread"

You are delusional. Me saying this has nothing to do with #orangemanbad nor does it mean I want people to die to make Trump look bad. He's doing fine on his own with that.

Quote Originally Posted by KenJongIll View Post
    What the fuck are you even talking about? Framed it as Personal problem? Tell me you cocksucker...
    I posted a link to an Italian sports story.
    Yeah I saw that. So?

^ I see what you did there

Name:  IMG_7237.jpg
Views: 674
Size:  137.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Yonder_River View Post
    About 40% but that is an average.
    source?

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Is there any chance a 103-degree fever would burn the virus off faster? I ask because I've burned through some wicked shit almost hitting the dead zone on some wickedly high temps. But it seemed to expedite my victory over whatever the fuck I had.
    That's essentially how Ayurvedic medicine sees fevers. A good strong fever is a healthy immune response to destroy pathogens. Far worse is a long, low fever, as it doesn't kill much pathogen.

Fever is a technology our body has to fight off pathogens.

Fire away dentists!

Apologies if already posted. National ski patrol has a link for people that want and are able to help. I’m sure there are other similar sites, perhaps with more or different resources. https://nspserves.org/covid-19-how-you-can-help/

#themound

After reading that^^^ NYT mag account of a woman tending to her infected husband, I have to ask a question that has been gnawing at me for a few days. I keep reading that people should take NSAIDS to keep their temperature down. Is there any chance a 103-degree fever would burn the virus off faster? I ask because I've burned through some wicked shit almost hitting the dead zone on some wickedly high temps. But it seemed to expedite my victory over whatever the fuck I had. I haven't heard any anecdotal evidence that it helps in the many accounts I've read from both ends of the thermometer.
    The article multiverse cited is the only primary source on the subject I could find on pubmed. Popular medical press cites the idea that fever kills germs but I can't easily trace it back to primary sources. Three possibilities--the research was done a long time ago and is buried too deeply for a lazy retired doc to find in a quick search, or it's myth that has worked its way into reputable sources. If there is actual research it's possible that it was test tube research never confirmed in people. So the short answer is maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by ate'em View Post
    That's essentially how Ayurvedic medicine sees fevers. A good strong fever is a healthy immune response to destroy pathogens. Far worse is a long, low fever, as it doesn't kill much pathogen. [1]

Fever is a technology our body has to fight off pathogens. [2]

Fire away dentists! [3]
    1 say a bunch of bullshit.
    2 say something undeniably true
    3 attempt to gain authority by challenging experts to contradict

After reading that^^^ NYT mag account of a woman tending to her infected husband, I have to ask a question that has been gnawing at me for a few days. I keep reading that people should take NSAIDS to keep their temperature down. Is there any chance a 103-degree fever would burn the virus off faster? I ask because I've burned through some wicked shit almost hitting the dead zone on some wickedly high temps. But it seemed to expedite my victory over whatever the fuck I had. I haven't heard any anecdotal evidence that it helps in the many accounts I've read from both ends of the thermometer.
    I say that is a bad idea especially in the case of c19. Anecdotal, but there was a first hand account of a guys trip down the covid road that tried the burn it off w a fever and it sounded horrific. He ended up hospitalized. He may have anyway, but it sounded more like he was trying to kill himself w a fever than anything. Take a Tylenol instead

Exclamation What's in the Senate coronavirus stimulus bill? Take a look here

This article contains the full draft of the Senate coronavirus stimulus bill. It also contains the best summary I've found so far of what's in it.

Senate Releases Full Text Of $2 Trillion Stimulus Bill: Here's What's In It

My first impression is that it's about as good as we can expect for a massive, rushed government intervention. The current deadlock between two parties unwilling to compromise means that almost all the items in there are things any politician, regardless of party, would have a hard time voting against.

Is it great? No - but given politics in Current Year(tm), I think it's as good as anyone can expect it to be, which is worlds better than the horrific drafts of the Democratic version, and the only somewhat less horrific drafts of the Republican version.

Again, I could be wrong! I haven't read all 800+ pages. But I have some guarded optimism that, unlike TARP and the rest of the bailouts from the 2007-2008 crisis, a significant part of the money is going to people and the businesses that employ them, instead of just giant investment banks. If we're going to issue unimaginable amounts of completely unresolvable debt, at least it's at basically 0% interest and us peasants will get a few crumbs

====

5 STAR REVIEWS from the haters!
    "Nonsensical speculation...A complete fucking kook" -Boissal
    "A one-man disinformation campaign" -Danno
    "Craven Trump dick-sucker" -Meadow Skipper
    "Fuck. You." -seano732
    "Fuck you right in the ear...You are on ignore." -BobMc

Don't believe my reviews? Read some examples for yourself!

ATTN: Medical professionals! QTc cutoffs for hydroxychloroquine, via UW Covid team

Before You Panic! Testing vs. absolute # of cases vs. mortality

Yes, calling it "Wuhan coronavirus" and blaming China for its spread is justified

PSA: Want to help? Have and use a thermometer regularly

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    source?
    Mainly from my wife who is intubating them and from what she hears on her Facebook groups. I think I read around 40% in an article about Italy. The article below references a study from China which is even lower. When it hits, it hits hard so venting is no guarantee. My wife's hospital isn't even full and she already wants to start a policy of not responding to codes as it puts a lot of the staff at risk with increasingly scarce gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    But to finish the lost marbles thought. All this would be different if he were in his second term. (I mean I hope it doesn’t come to that) but then there’s no drama of trying to be re-elected at all costs. From there it’s even more one step removed if you look at a country like Russia. Putin is going to do what he thinks is best and none of this party fighting bullshit. That’s part of what I was getting at in the previous subject of how countries govern, in addition to the cohesion of the populace.
    A while before the virus came along I had been smugly imagining that Trump would abandon most of his base if he is re-elected. He doesn't give a shit about any of their causes - Jesus, abortion, etc etc but of course panders to them now because their stupidity is his only ticket to stay in the White House. If he wins re-election he would have no need for them, so would go about his business enriching all his corporate buds. I'm sure he will, but thinking further he won't abandon his base because you can bet the farm that Don Jr. will be right there waiting to try and ride daddy's coat tails into the White house. So the pandering will probably get a lot worse before it gets better. And yeah, Trump is gladly handing the response over to the Governors. If things continue downhill he'll blame it on them. When the economy improves, now or later you can bet he'll be taking credit. What a fucking train wreck.....

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    does that make you feel good? is it a useful contribution to this community? does it have anything to do with coronavirus?
    looking at your posts it looks like you spend a lot of time stalking Benny. Talk about somebody who needs to get a life.
    at least try to be clever
    +12 years and +12000 posts of e-exerperfuckintise
    after not reading yoss's sticky
    #oldgoat<3bunnycock
    im kinda curious as to how so many really really really really smart people gittin paid pretty good bucks in health care
    got caught big time with their ppe pants down
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52019509. ......Coronavirus: One case lays bare America's testing failure
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

Chinese Rat Flu

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    +12 years and +12000 posts of e-exerperfuckintise
    after not reading yoss's sticky
    #oldgoat<3bunnycock
    im kinda curious as to how so many really really really really smart people gittin paid pretty good bucks in health care
    got caught big time with their ppe pants down
    When do we talk about the export halo as applied to medicine? Lots of little gods running around, self-assurred/ears closed, and too often allowed to be the deciders by the smaller-of-ego (who could do it better at least as often as not). Cultural dysfunction to make 737 MAX look almost forgivable.

Ponce De Leon constantly on
    The fountain of youth, not Robotron
    Peace is a word I've heard before
    So move and move and move upon the dance floor
    'Cause I'm gonna die, gonna die one day
    'Cause I'm goin and goin and goin this way
    Not like a roach or a piece of toast
    I'm going out first class, ain't going out coach
    . . .

Prince Charles is isolating at Balmoral with Covid-19.

Prince Andrew is isolating at Windsor with Jennifer-14.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

https://www.dw.com/en/coronavirus-ho...rol/a-52907069. Coronavirus: How Japan keeps COVID-19 under control
    Despite its proximity to China, Japan hasn't seen the massive outbreak of the coronavirus that has shut down much of Europe and North America. What are the Japanese doing differently to help slow the spread?

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    When do we talk about the export halo as applied to medicine? Lots of little gods running around, self-assurred/ears closed, and too often allowed to be the deciders by the smaller-of-ego (who could do it better at least as often as not). Cultural dysfunction to make 737 MAX look almost forgivable.
    my expertise begins at expired emt and ends with expired woofer with no hope of recert at this time
    but step 1 rule 1
    protect yourself at all times
    if you don't vocal or visualize step one in your practical
    you are a no go and do not git no letters emt behind your name
    period end of test
    try again next round
    how nobody in the industry saw a possible shortage of equipment necessary for step fuckin 1 is kinda mind boggling to me
    maybe they were to busy twatting expertise
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    my expertise begins at expired emt and ends with expired woofer with no hope of recert at this time
    but step 1 rule 1
    protect yourself at all times
    if you don't vocal or visualize step one in your practical
    you are a no go and do not git no letters emt behind your name
    period end of test
    try again next round
    how nobody in the industry saw a possible shortage of equipment necessary for step fuckin 1 is kinda mind boggling to me
    maybe they were to busy twatting expertise
    The blameworthy will blame others. Rule 1 is for all of us now.

Quote Originally Posted by up an down View Post
    https://www.dw.com/en/coronavirus-ho...rol/a-52907069. Coronavirus: How Japan keeps COVID-19 under control
    Despite its proximity to China, Japan hasn't seen the massive outbreak of the coronavirus that has shut down much of Europe and North America. What are the Japanese doing differently to help slow the spread?
    Spoiler alert: masks. It's masks.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Spoiler alert: masks. It's masks.
    The curve seems to be flattened there compared to other countries......But even so today it seems there is more concern in Japan than there was yesterday.. ..which is good.. Not the time to rest on their laurels and be complacent... https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/news/ataglance/835/ ...https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/n...ckstories/990/