Page 309 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 ... LastLast
Results 7,701 to 7,725 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Denver mayor just issued the Stay at Home.
    My buddy who lives downtown near the stadiums tells me that the homeless are getting scary . The ones who have no home to stay in. He told me some windows are getting boarded up.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    18. You can catch coronavirus from eating Chinese food in the U.S.
    No, you cannot.
    I gotta disagree with that. If an infected person sneezes on your food, you can most definitely catch it. Makes no difference if it's Chinese Food, Tacos or Pizza
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    May only be a matter of time before Fauci is giving his walking papers...

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020...s-with-a-pivot

As the death toll from the coronavirus accelerates across the country—by Monday there have been more than 400 domestic fatalities—Donald Trump is grasping for a strategy before the crisis destroys his presidency. He has tried playing Roosevelt by claiming the mantle of “wartime president” while also playing to his nativist base by labeling COVID-19 “the China virus.” Now, Trump appears ready to disregard the advice of his medical advisers like Dr. Anthony Fauci by reopening the economy far sooner than Fauci has said is safe.

According to sources, Trump is increasingly frustrated with Fauci and governors who advocated for shutting down large swathes of the economy to stop COVID-19’s out-of-control spread. According to four Republicans briefed on internal West Wing conversations, Trump is fuming privately that Fauci advised him that the only way to blunt the pandemic was to bring the economy to a halt. “Trump is furious,” a former West Wing official said. “He’s been calling business leaders asking if he should just reopen the economy,” a Republican briefed on the conversations told me. “He’s hearing that you have to get the economy going,” another former West Wing official said.
    He needs his resort beds filled.

Quote Originally Posted by powpig View Post
    I gotta disagree with that. If an infected person sneezes on your food, you can most definitely catch it. Makes no difference if it's Chinese Food, Tacos or Pizza
    True. While I extend my sympathies to local restaurants, there's no way in hell I would order take out from anywhere right now.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    18. You can catch coronavirus from eating Chinese food in the U.S.
    No, you cannot.
    Still most north american chinese food is really bad

but all my people they came here

nobody would give them a job

SO open chinese restaurant ...get even
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

My rural county in NE VT is reporting its first official case today. Most people around here seem to be taking the home isolation thing seriously. The grocery store is interesting as everyone kind of takes an individual aisle. Checkouts get wiped down after every customer.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    My rural county in NE VT is reporting its first official case today. Most people around here seem to be taking the home isolation thing seriously. The grocery store is interesting as everyone kind of takes an individual aisle. Checkouts get wiped down after every customer.
    People around here don't seem to be taking many precautions at all, except for freaking the fuck out. The number of people who are all panicky and alarmed, but who I see hugging friends, sidling up shoulder to shoulder with a coworker,making physical contact to squeeze past someone in a store, etc. is staggering. The people who did the most panic buying/hoarding are the ones who profess to be worried least, and are the ones responsible for the continued spread of this.

I'm just going to start coughing anytime someone gets within 10 feet of me.

our local grocery store put tape on the floor indicating what 6 feet of space is (like every food aisle and checkout area has markers going down it) - thought that was a good idea.

Of course then people asked them "what about all the canned foods how are we sure they are clean?" - c'mon people there's only so much people can do for you before you need to look after shit yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    People around here don't seem to be taking many precautions at all, except for freaking the fuck out. The number of people who are all panicky and alarmed, but who I see hugging friends, sidling up shoulder to shoulder with a coworker,making physical contact to squeeze past someone in a store, etc. is staggering. The people who did the most panic buying/hoarding are the ones who profess to be worried least, and are the ones responsible for the continued spread of this.

Maybe Jay will issue the stay at home order tonight.

Christ, my mom in Pittsburgh can’t leave the house and they have like 7 cases.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

The local Dairy Freeze here appears to be the transmission hotspot in the area, based on the crowds sitting shoulder to shoulder outside all weekend.
    I like the shakes there but wont be going there until this shits over

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk

If you look at the case counts SK, Hong Kong, Singapore, Iran and now the Italy data today, I feel like we can forecast a peak in the US in ~3 weeks. Then we dance, but with more tests and actual PPE and outcome data from the new trials. I'm optimistic because things could have been so much worse which is not to say we were prepared or successful. In fact we fucked up and continue to do so in many ways.

Red v. Blue
    Red and Blue America Aren’t Experiencing the Same Pandemic
    In several key respects, the outbreak’s early stages are unfolding very differently in Republican- and Democratic-leaning parts of the country. That disconnect is already shaping, even distorting, the nation’s response to this unprecedented challenge—and it could determine the pandemic’s ultimate political consequences as well.

First Covid fatality in Crested Butte confirmed today. Mikey, of "Mikey's Pizza" died a week and a half ago, but the positive test just came in today. Only 51, but also a lifelong smoker and had a stroke recently from what people told me (I didn't know him that well). But also skied and rode his bike quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    I like the shakes there but wont be going there until this shits over

The shakes are darn good, but I agree, I can wait a couple months for one.

Gag a few times, and sniffle and snort, just for good measure. And then to top it off, say very loudly, "Man, I don't feel too good, I might have just crapped my pants!"
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Chinese Rat Flu

I don’t want Trump controlling everything. I think he needs to take control of medical supplies, but follow the virus. NY, Seattle etc. but as far as the stay home orders? Does Topeka, KS need the same as NYC? I think they’ve done the right thing leaving it up to Governor’s and Mayors, so far.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    If it does spread everywhere it won't be the same pandemic either, as many of the red states have the highest obesity and diabetes rates.

The shakes are darn good, but I agree, I can wait a couple months for one.
    I should've said they're "to die for!"

Quote Originally Posted by powpig View Post
    [citation needed].

From what I've seen, odds are pretty low.

Here are my sources: https://kottke.org/20/03/covid-19-and-food-safety

Specifically:

Q: Can I get COVID-19 from touching or eating contaminated food?
    According to multiple health and safety organizations worldwide, including the CDC, the USDA, and the European Food Safety Authority, there is currently no evidence that COVID-19 has spread through food or food packaging. Previous coronavirus epidemics likewise showed no evidence of having been spread through food or packaging.

And

The FDA has a coronavirus safety page on their website as well.
    Unlike foodborne gastrointestinal (GI) viruses like norovirus and hepatitis A that often make people ill through contaminated food, SARS-CoV-2, which causes COVID-19, is a virus that causes respiratory illness. Foodborne exposure to this virus is not known to be a route of transmission.
    In a piece from March 14, Amanda Mull talked with epidemiologist Stephen Morse from Columbia University about food safety:
    Even if the person preparing it is sick, he told me via email, “cooked foods are unlikely to be a concern unless they get contaminated after cooking.” He granted that “a salad, if someone sneezes on it, might possibly be some risk,” but as long as the food is handled properly, he said, “there should be very little risk.”
    And Don Schaffner, a professor in the food science department at Rutgers, has been posting information on food safety & COVID-19 on Twitter.
    Even if a sick worker sneezed on my food (I know that’s gross), my risk of contracting COVID-19 from it are very low.
    First it’s important to realize that this is a respiratory illness as far as we know. The biggest risk is being around sick people who are shedding the virus when they sneeze or cough.
    Even if the virus did get onto food, we’re going to put that food in our mouth and swallow it so the virus will end up in our stomach. Our stomachs have a low pH which would likely in activate the virus.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    Does Topeka, KS need the same as NYC?
    Yes. Who the hell cares if my little county stops the spread if it just comes from one county over next month?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    He needs his resort beds filled.
    Put those homeless people in his hotel, have the Gov. pay Secret Service rates, win/win.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Fauci gone?

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    If you look at the case counts SK, Hong Kong, Singapore, Iran and now the Italy data today, I feel like we can forecast a peak in the US in ~3 weeks. Then we dance, but with more tests and actual PPE and outcome data from the new trials. I'm optimistic because things could have been so much worse which is not to say we were prepared or successful. In fact we fucked up and continue to do so in many ways.
    it's too soon to say Italy is peaking. also consider we have 330 million people with many more large outbreaks than Italy as well as many more areas yet to break out.

It's not 'Mission Accomplished' just yet. Not even in South Korea, Singapore, or Hong Kong
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Already at yesterdays death total, and Washington hasn't added any yet. We 'could' hit 150 today.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Fauci gone?
    I wondered. He’s not standing behind the podium at today’s briefing.