Page 144 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 ... LastLast
Results 3,576 to 3,600 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    The similarity to AIDS and transfusions is this--during the height of the AIDS crisis more and more people who needed transfusions opted for directed transfusions, where friends and family with the right blood type would donate blood for elective surgery specifically to be given to the designated person. People felt more comfortable getting blood from people they knew. Research showed that random, anonymous blood was safer than directed donation. The point being that your friends and family are not any healthier than strangers, on average. Now you have a point--if you always ride a lift with the same people then the total number of people you are exposed to during the course of the day is fewer, so the odds that one of them having CV is lower, but if you really want to reduce your chances of getting sick the best thing you could do is not ride in the same car. Also stay out of the lodge.

And this is pure speculation on my part--sitting next to someone on a moving chairlift exposes you to fewer viruses and bacteria than sitting next to them indoors.
    The great majority of different people I sit next to during the course of a winter are strangers on chairlifts and I get far few colds than I did when I was working, and far, far fewer than when I had school age kids. Totally unscientific opinion of course.
    yes but in your example one person is confirmed to have aids, so naturally his peers are more likely to be positive than the general population. in the chairlift example, there are no confirmed cases so your friends are statistically less likely to be infected than the general population.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Italians can't talk without using their hands, so of course they gotta lock down the country.
    Of course, they're government is kinda a joke, so I'm sure the people who want to move around will find a way.
    Oh and Venice is still more underwater than usual.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    #poundthemound

Isn't that what Tinder is for?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

It's also redundant. It should just be #TheMound.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Has anyone been to a strip joint since this all started? Are the strippers wearing masks?
    No masks yet. I was drinking at a fancy hotel bar in DC and asked bartender if he liked Darlington or recommended another bar for good music, he sent me to Mpire which I later learned is a strip club. Girls had spray bottles and towels to wipe things down. No masks, we left after a quick drink.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Italians can't talk without using their hands, so of course they gotta lock down the country.
    Of course, they're government is kinda a joke, so I'm sure the people who want to move around will find a way.
    Oh and Venice is still more underwater than usual.
    I remember the L’Aquila earthquake in 2009 when the government put scientists on trial for not predicting the earthquake.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

#poundthemound has a better ring to it.

Stripper joints, you’d think they’d be distributing mask to the customers at the door. Keep them from spreading and shedding their shit

GF runs a spa. Three employees quit. She found replacements. Younger ones willing to take the risk.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    It's a case of being proactive vs. reactive. The number of known cases in Utah is pretty much irrelevant.
    Yes, I get it's proactive but where is the line? Shut everything down?

The flu has an R0 value of about 1.3. Researchers are still working to determine the R0 for COVID-19. Preliminary studies have estimated an R0 value for the new coronavirus to be between 2 and 3.
    https://www.livescience.com/new-coro...-with-flu.html

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    #poundthemound has a better ring to it.
    I prefer the term 'mixing a batch'

Things the President could have talked about:
    1) DoD Building field hospitals
    2) Surging health care capacity by calling up medical professionals from National Guard
    3) Restoring full funding to CDC
    4) Surging testing to states

Trump did none of this. NONE

The virus appears to have a side effect of letting everyone out of Polyass en masse.

Wear those masks people.
    I still call it The Jake.

On a lighter note traffic in Seattle has returned to the way it was in the early 90s.

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Well, they cancelled. Fucking sucks, I had a lot of big plans for 6 days at home without the kids.
    Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    GF runs a spa. Three employees quit. She found replacements. Younger ones willing to take the risk.
    Thoughts and prayers for a happy ending.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    On a lighter note traffic in Seattle has returned to the way it was in the early 90s.
    Saw three people pulled over for speeding this morning on I90.

WSP are loving the business.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Everybody wants to go to heaven
    Get their wings and fly around
    Everybody want to go to heaven
    But nobody want to go now

Someday I want to see those streets of gold in my halo
    But I wouldn't mind waiting at least a hundred years or so

Everybody wanna go to heaven
    It beats the other place there ain't no doubt
    Everybody wanna go to heaven
    But nobody wanna go now
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Oh hell yeah. Where's this spa, brah?

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Saw three people pulled over for speeding this morning on I90.

WSP are loving the business.
    They got me about a week ago.

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk

Had a great yoga class this morning but can say with confidence I will not be going back until the coast is clear. People need to start taking social distancing seriously. SMH.

Side note: Anyone else getting logged out every time they close out of TGR? Never had it happen before but since yesterday I've had to log in multiple times a day.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Yes, I get it's proactive but where is the line? Shut everything down?

The flu has an R0 value of about 1.3. Researchers are still working to determine the R0 for COVID-19. Preliminary studies have estimated an R0 value for the new coronavirus to be between 2 and 3.
    https://www.livescience.com/new-coro...-with-flu.html
    oh look at you getting all sciency, while at the same time harping on the fact that there are ONLY 4 confirmed cases in UT, so no big deal, without knowing how many tests have been done or even accepting the fact that all evidence shows that testing has been absolutely under-performed.

So Trumpy of you. We haven't tested, so of course we hardly have any cases.

ONLY 4. we're safe!! safe!
    does the 4 include Donovan Mitchell and Rudy Gobert?
    You ever seen how many fans and their autograph memorabilia Mitchell touches each and every game?
    Vivint Arena is sold out just about every game.

No idea what comes of that, but sick of ignorant cunts spewing no confirmed cases! no confirmed cases, when they know full well that our testing regime is set up to under-report.

Isn’t that more like the local triad brought in fresh meat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People really need to calm down. Admittedly, I don’t know much about it, but it seems just like another flu. Jeffrey Dahmer has eaten more people that have died from the Coronavirus in the United States. The flu kills more people. I am not ready to panic yet.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E95A036B-FC1D-4EF4-B7C8-F6A593E833F9.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	258.5 KB 
ID:	319989
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B64006BD-80F6-4195-BB43-848AF480E128.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	157.8 KB 
ID:	319990
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Had a great yoga class this morning but can say with confidence I will not be going back until the coast is clear. People need to start taking social distancing seriously. SMH.

Side note: Anyone else getting logged out every time they close out of TGR? Never had it happen before but since yesterday I've had to log in multiple times a day.

Are you sure you don't have a virus? J/K clear your cookies.

This thread is spreading faster than the virus.
    I still call it The Jake.