Page 359 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 ... LastLast
Results 8,951 to 8,975 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    I would hope protocol mandates that provider follow self quarantine procedures. He/she wouldn’t be seeing patient while symptomatic.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    He's out until the result is available. Guidance for peers is to continue working if asymptomatic. The state department of health seems to be figuring this out as they go. Not reassuring but that aligns with the response in most areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    How long will it go on?

Attachment 322513
    Let me know which one you want cause I’ll take anything.

@Maz: He was joking because you wrote "a symptomatic physician" rather than "an asymptomatic"

edit: I think

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    He's out until the result is available. Guidance for peers is to continue working if asymptomatic. The state department of health seems to be figuring this out as they go. Not reassuring but that aligns with the response in most areas.
    Yup that’s how we are operating. Based on test results there is an additional waiting period until they can return to work.

The scary thing is asymptotic transmission.

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    Wish they would tied it to unemployment claims, or some kind of index to help those most affected.
    They did. Gov't is throwing in $600/wk for up to four months on top of the state's piece.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    In the unlikely event anyone is reading Spats's posts, the Ferguson was study was discussed here yesterday. The estimates aren't so much revised (or quietly walked back, lol) as they are a reflection of changing strategies i.e., doing nothing versus social distancing and mitigation restrictions.

The United States and the U.K. changed course after the original study was released and the new study reflects the course change.
    You mean Boris' "Let's take it on the chin" strategy to a total fucking lockdown of the whole country? Who would have thought that might cause the estimates to change.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    In the unlikely event anyone is reading Spats's posts, the Ferguson was study was discussed here yesterday. The estimates aren't so much revised (or quietly walked back, lol) as they are a reflection of changing strategies i.e., doing nothing versus social distancing and mitigation restrictions.

The United States and the U.K. changed course after the original study was released and the new study reflects the course change.
    I think Ferguson's model was also based on HIV which has a different rate of spread compared to CV19.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    And now American health care professionals are dying from corona because we don’t have PPEs. Winning. Most powerful country on earth somehow can supply the front lines. Sad.
    Notice how everything bad everyone says against socialized medicine or some kind of universal coverage is happening right now without it?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I just started a road ride out of my town's H.S. parking lot, and this was the scene when I got back to my car. Nice nearly 60 degree sunny day. All girls, one to a car, parked about ten feet from each other, chattering. It's a new thing for white girls.

It's nice to see teens showing some responsibility.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Fire/ EMS Update #.......I don't fucking remember. SW Edition.

We are at 134 confirmed in NM. Had our first fatality yesterday: 70 y/o male with long list of underlying health conditions.
    At our current response rate, we forecast being out of masks in 78 days, out of gowns in 7. That is at the current rate, which will only increase.
    The two dedicated COVID-19 response units are up and responding. They are busy.
    Continuing to screen all of our members prior to them entering any of our facilities. Started on Tuesday, and have sent two home for quarantine.
    Speaking of quarantine, all of our members that had high risk exposures are asymptomatic and back at work.
    The Gov announced today that all schools in NM are closed remainder of the school year. My girls are pretty upset. As is Mrs. Seano.
    Man, if you want to NOT feel optimistic about the future, sit in on one of my biweekly meetings with our Medical Director and Emergency Manager. I was asked if, worst case scenario, would we have personnel available to help with body disposal from hospitals. Absolutely fucking not, I replied. The EM is trying to locate dedicated refrigeration trucks to act as temp morgues, I shit you not.
    And as a reminder that our job still goes on despite the pandemic, we had a house fire early this morning where two of our members went right through the fucking floor of a two story house. Mayday called, RIT dispatched, the whole nine yards. Located and removed with only minor injuries. Homeowner died.
    Finally, for all of you mags struggling with this, and that is an ever growing list unfortunately, I wish you all the best. Some of the stories hear are gut wrenching. Peace to all of you, and I will continue to update as much as I can.... AND STAY THE FUCK HOME PEOPLE.
    Diamond Joe, where you at?
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Hey Benny, be careful hanging out in the HS parking lot in your spandex taking photos of the female students. You don't want to end up in jail with this bug floating around.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D1E55D8E-FBA8-4F91-BDD6-472877CA6F47.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	939.9 KB 
ID:	322544

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    ... AND STAY THE FUCK HOME PEOPLE.
    Diamond Joe, where you at?
    I think he went home.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Unless they are ‘ironic’ beaters. We see that here.
    But it’s always the stoner dudes.
    I personally think that kid who is driving that cream 1970's 2 door land yacht around all winter can be as ironic as he wants cuz that thing is cherry and fucking sweet.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    I remember seeing that awhile back and then you keep hearing Trump talk about how no one couldaknowd. Wish he would get more direct push back at those daily briefings when he keeps saying that.

The follow-up interview with Bill is pretty good too, but long.

https://www.ted.com/talks/bill_gates...ce=tedcomshare
    I didn't see that, thanks for posting it up. I did see him last night on CNN and it was the same message, just abbreviated...with digs at Trump indirectly.

There are a couple of fine local examples. One friend bought a 70’s t-top Camaro when he was 14 (but he busted his ass working for it). Fox tail on the antenna and everything. Good kid.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I think he went home.
    To continue his adult acting career?
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    I think Ferguson's model was also based on HIV which has a different rate of spread compared to CV19.
    Yeah, it looks like the reproduction number (R0) was revised upwards a bit due to faster than expected spread, absent intervention.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post

Name:	D1E55D8E-FBA8-4F91-BDD6-472877CA6F47.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	939.9 KB 
ID:	322544
    My wife was there with an old friend.
    Neither have showed symptoms - they dodged a bullet

looking at the nytimes map this morning there seems to be an east vs west thing showing up.
    https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...-us-cases.html
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

@Maz: He was joking because you wrote "a symptomatic physician" rather than "an asymptomatic"

edit: I think
    Probably the way I phrased it. Symptomatic when the test was taken. Definitely not seeing patients while symptomatic.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    The scary thing is asymptotic transmission.

Yeah, I'm guessing guidance would be different if testing was widely available.

What does Jah Rule say about all this shit?
    What does SumJongGuy have to say about all this shit?

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    did she bring home a bunch of beads?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Neither have showed symptoms - they dodged a bullet

Name:	9E23087A-51BC-4A7F-A513-8D26BF89F93E.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	385.6 KB 
ID:	322546

/just kidding, glad she’s well.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    looking at the nytimes map this morning there seems to be an east vs west thing showing up.
    https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...-us-cases.html
    Looks kinda more like population driven, which an overlay of population density

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    did she bring home a bunch of beads?
    She did. They got soaked in bleach two weeks ago.