Page 157 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,925 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    It would just be damn nice if most of us can get sick for a week or two if we haven't already and then just go back to living our damn lives.
    Do you live near Londonderry? I can send a bus over.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Ohio identifies 5 with the Beer Virus, Health Director says 100,000 cases likely, rest undiagnosed.

The walking infected.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/ohio-...-official-says
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    today the few people left who were only taking this half serious started taking it super serious
    today was more amazing sacrifice and leadership
    people were in tears. rationing care was discussed for the future
    people are either starting or well into the process of working themselves to the breaking point, in the hospital, in public health
    but there is no other choice
    until they collapse
    and they will
    there is some reserve force... but it is small. it will be pushed forward into the gaps... and overwhelmed too
    the virus will not get tired first

when you collapse you gotta stand up again
    most everyone will live
    but this viral war is going to be particularly awful and tragic in the hospital
    It’s funny how life works over many years.

Way back when, I used to be so annoyed by your posts. I don’t even remember why. Over time, lots and lots of time, I’ve seen you inject intelligence and perspective, well-needed intelligence and perspective, into this forum with almost every post you make.

Dude, you’re one of the best of us. Be strong, be smart, save the stories from this....we’re with you all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    Ohio identifies 5 with the Beer Virus, Health Director says 100,000 cases likely, rest undiagnosed.

The walking infected.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/ohio-...-official-says
    Statewide 3 week shutdown - Gov. Dewine has been suspiciously in front of things
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Do you live near Londonderry? I can send a bus over.
    Please don’t give away my seat

couple bad things imo....fda just sidestepped so Rochhe (sp?) expedited testing can start...but one test can do 1400 a day and the other 4000. even if you test 4000 a day , just in usa it would take like 25+ years to test everyone

then this morning Johns Hopkins (engineering) which is running the tables most if not all news sources are quoting mysteriously dropped reporting on south korea, iran, japan, spain , germany....and some others making the their number drop by like 38,000 cases reported and 1100 of the deaths overnight....so , everything is a scam and not to be trusted at this point???!??! not to mention that all numbers were undereported or cheated (in china) anywayz....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 7.40.03 AM.png 
Views:	109 
Size:	335.6 KB 
ID:	320096

now...

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 7.40.56 AM.png 
Views:	167 
Size:	419.0 KB 
ID:	320097
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 10.12.00 AM.png 
Views:	100 
Size:	886.0 KB 
ID:	320098
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Be careful with that AirBnB reservation.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...llation-frenzy

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Couldn't find any video of the CO TP fight but did dig up this sweet Australian battle of the asspaper

dailymail.coWomen-fight-toilet-paper-women-Woolworths.html
    They still have Woolworths in Australia? Wow.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Please don’t give away my seat
    You're right behind the driver.

talkingpointsmemo.com

[quote] I saw the video of Trump claiming “everyone is getting tested” upon entry to the US. This is an outright lie (surprise). I want to share my story about entering the country earlier this week.
    I live part-time in Italy. I traveled back to the US earlier this week. Apparently I was on one of the last flights out before all flights to & from were suspended.

There seems to be a drastic lack of coordination upon entry to the US.

On my first leg from Florence to Frankfurt everyone had to fill out a contact form in case anyone on the plane tested positive & they needed to contact you later.

On the Frankfurt to US flight they handed out info about safety & verbally assured us the plane had been scrupulously cleaned but to take precautions anyways. They also handed out antibacterial wipes on both flights. Then I got to the US.

I have a GOES card. I walked up & the machine took a photo & issued a slip w/ all my relevant info. No showing my passport or anything. I took the slip & looked around, a bit confused. They had to know my country of origin. A GOES immigration officer, seeing my confusion & assuming it was because the entry process was so simple, said to me, “Great, right? It’s so easy.’ That’s not the word I was thinking.

I got my luggage, walked to Customs, handed in the slip & they waived me through. No one asked me anything.

Lest you think I’m completely irresponsible, before I exited the airport I found an official & asked if I should self-quarantine as I’d been in Italy. I said I felt fine, I was healthy, had no symptoms, didn’t know anyone who was sick or exposed but still, I was coming from Italy. He said you’re fine & pointed towards the exit.

Two friends I ran into at the Italian airport were also heading to North America. The friend who flew into Toronto was asked a bunch of questions about previous travel, country of origin, health, etc. She & her daughter agreed to voluntarily quarantine themselves. The 2nd friend entered the US via Detroit. She told the immigration officer, “I’m coming from Italy.” His reply? “Welcome back.” She, too, is voluntarily self-quarantining but without being asked.

It’s ironic to me because I actually felt safer in Italy. They’re taking it seriously. They issue new information all the time from scientific experts & the government. There is universal healthcare so everyone can be tested & treated. They offered no-cost testing & treatment for everyone, including visitors. It’s illegal to fire anyone who cannot work due to illness.

Obviously the same doesn’t apply here. I worry about sick people not getting treatment because they don’t have healthcare, or going to work sick because they can’t take a day off. I also worry about the stunning lack of leadership from the top about protocols, screening, test availability, etc.

I don’t think the US is prepared for this. ‘Scary” is the word I’m thinking.

It’s going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

By the way, I am now self-quarantining.
    [\quote]

Damn. One of the positive cases in Gunnison County made a Facebook video describing her symptoms, etc. Healthy, active, not that old (50)

She got it while travelling in Hawaii between 2/2 and 2/19 and was just diagnosed 3/11. That is a long ass time to spread it around. Shit does not sound fun, even if her case is probably considered "mild".

In other news that's local to me: "Gunnison County Airport Manager Rick Lamport confirms a passenger was turned away by American Airlines personnel just as the person was about to board a flight to Dallas due to apparent illness. Emergency Medical Services were called to evaluate the situation however Gunnison Health and Human Services reported the person rented a car and left the premises."

Sweet. Everybody did their job, kept the person off the plane, but then he/she rents a car and is potentially spreading it to every gas station and fast food joint they stop at from CO to TX.
    Last edited by goldenboy; 03-13-2020 at 09:43 AM. Reason: Changed from Facebook link to Youtube since I saw it posted there as well.

You're right behind the driver.
    Jesus take the wheel.

More importantly, how are the travel bans going to impact pro skiers doing gnar films for upcoming fall season? Will we just have to watch last season's films?

More importantly, how are the travel bans going to impact pro skiers doing gnar films for upcoming fall season? Will we just have to watch last season's films?
    Someone please protect Candide.

And Plake.

Where's Cody right now? Skiing groomers in Tahoe?

Someone please protect Candide.

And Plake.
    Plake doesn't seem to be doing a tour this year.

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    couple bad things imo....fda just sidestepped so Rochhe (sp?) expedited testing can start...but one test can do 1400 a day and the other 4000. even if you test 4000 a day , just in usa it would take like 25+ years to test everyone

then this morning Johns Hopkins (engineering) which is running the tables most if not all news sources are quoting mysteriously dropped reporting on south korea, iran, japan, spain , germany....and some others making the their number drop by like 38,000 cases reported and 1100 of the deaths overnight....so , everything is a scam and not to be trusted at this point???!??! not to mention that all numbers were undereported or cheated (in china) anywayz....

now...

ok there we go...back up...

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 9.12.02 AM.png 
Views:	85 
Size:	416.1 KB 
ID:	320105
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Every year during lent I like to go slumming and eat a filet o fish on a Friday or two.

I probably shouldn’t do that now, should I?

I started WFH part time in 2005, full time since 2008. Bunch of dilletentes around now claiming to be WFH gurus.

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post

now...

appears to have been some sort of a glitch, numbers back up. https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/a...23467b48e9ecf6

Every year during lent I like to go slumming and eat a filet o fish on a Friday or two.

I probably shouldn’t do that now, should I?
    Are they 2 for $5?