Page 447 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 ... LastLast
Results 11,151 to 11,175 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Bojo moved to intensive care - his odds of surviving covid just got a lot worse
    We might need that ditch after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Boxit?

Bojoxit?

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    I have had the summer flu and know plenty of others as well who have also had it. Just less common.

To recap, some are holding out hope this disappears with the onset of warmer weather. It will only be in hiding.

I think everyone agrees that until there are effective treatments and an eventual vaccine that mass testing and separation for those who test positive is our best hope to contain this.
    So early or mid 2021 then, optimistically? Those toilet paper hoarders seem smart now.

I'm hoping for treatments in making it more manageable, but a vaccine seems like in the distant horizon. Meanwhile we are screwed. Yes we can crush the curve until temp beds are ready, masks are plentiful, test are instant, and treatments are 'good-enough', then after that everything opens and everyone will have to get it. Can we sign up and get it done at the hospital soon, and just get it over with?

We will get through it together, sure, but right now everyone is a threat, like a bad sci-fi movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Never knew that, but now that I think about it, yeah most of my junk mail from insurance companies and banks are blue.

The ONLY thing trump knows is marketing.
    He's the best I've ever seen.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Anyone hear from Harvey?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    So early or mid 2021 then, optimistically? Those toilet paper hoarders seem smart now.

I'm hoping for treatments in making it more manageable, but a vaccine seems like in the distant horizon. Meanwhile we are screwed. Yes we can crush the curve until temp beds are ready, masks are plentiful, test are instant, and treatments are 'good-enough', then after that everything opens and everyone will have to get it. Can we sign up and get it done at the hospital soon, and just get it over with?

We will get through it together, sure, but right now everyone is a threat, like a bad sci-fi movie.
    Like Covid, I would think the toilet paper hoarding will eventually run out of hosts. But I’m an optimist.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Has anyone heard a single person who called this all a hoax a month ago actually fess up that they were wrong? I haven't. OK, maybe Dr. Drew Pinsky, but he's still an ass.
    Nope. My Trumpian friends who called it a hoax are all now denying that they ever said it. I send them screen caps of what they said; they ignore me.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    He's the best I've ever seen.
    We'll see better, unfortunately. Some 18 year old who is smarter is learning well.

God forbid we get President Shapiro.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by nutmegchoi View Post
    3 Weeks.
    I'm really tired of being sick.
    Glad you're starting to get better however I have a serious question for you Nutmeg:

Do you think your somewhat long duration (3 + weeks) of this affliction is because you're an 80+ year old, morbidly obese, sedentary, caucasion male smoker?

Just wondering.

Get better quick, pulling for ya!!!
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I see that some assholes have figured out that the cops aren't stopping people for speeding or other traffic infractions, and are driving accordingly. Civil order slowly breaks down.
    I don't know where you are (CT?) but cops around here (eastern MA) are still doing their jobs - you might even be MORE inclined to get pulled over, cause they got a lot less going on.

I saw two speed traps in ~15 miles driving home from work this morning, and almost got busted doing 55 in a 40 yesterday (oncoming car flashed hi beams RIGHT before the cruiser got line of sight on me). No civil order breakdown whatsoever. Go out and drive 20 over for awhile and come back and report your findings.

Dang. This nurse from here in Crested Butte, who got Covid back in late February after a trip to HI, feels fine but she can't work or end her isolation until she has 2 negative tests. She just had one positive and one negative. Either the test sucks or this virus really wants to keep infecting new people..

In a time when 7 days means an article is dated, here’s some old data re testing neg then pos.
    Not sure where it’s at by now.
    https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsan...-then-positive

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    Nope. My Trumpian friends who called it a hoax are all now denying that they ever said it. I send them screen caps of what they said; they ignore me.

I wonder how people go through life like that...

If Rudy and Rosanne had a baby...

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    We'll see better, unfortunately. Some 18 year old who is smarter is learning well.
    Failed Business Empire Builder markets himself to POTUS as being the savior of HIS people.. Pretty slick in my book. Sadly, the Dem's couldn't sell gold for $10 a pound. Electing a president is 100% a marketing effort.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    My in-law's are saying similar things...Trump was taken out of context, or some such shit. Fucking ridiculous.

Thing is, anyone who voted for him is somewhat responsible for the dismal response, so it's easier to deny and act like he's doing a great job. Unfortunately, that's human nature...or at least human nature if you're a Trump supporter. In other words, you can't be wrong.

Our disposal crapped out and I had to install a new one...went down to home depot to get a replacement. I have to say, they have a pretty nice system. Two lines, spaced probably 8-10 feet apart that are parallel to one another, then there are spots marked by X that are 6-8 feet from one another to help you keep your distance from one another. I was one of five people total that were wearing masks. One guy comes up to the queue and says "I don't believe in this corona shit. Can I just go in?" HD guy says "nope, you have to wait in line." People are also just idiots...so there's that too.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Dang. This nurse from here in Crested Butte, who got Covid back in late February after a trip to HI, feels fine but she can't work or end her isolation until she has 2 negative tests. She just had one positive and one negative. Either the test sucks or this virus really wants to keep infecting new people..
    This is from a paper titled "Eleven faces of Covid-19" Allergy, March 2020.

Note that one of them is a "Positive rtPCR after Recovery" and is described as a "long term virus carrier", consecutive Neg tests after 14 days post symptoms followed by a positive 14 days later, that persisted 10+ days and multiple pos tests. The rtPCR tests are much more likely to return a False Negative due to sampling error/very low viremia than a False Positive due to cross contamination/ non-specific amplification. But some people are remaining Pos for virus RNA up to 6 weeks later.

This paper also noted co-infection with both Sars2 and Influenza as a really nasty combo.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Wait, have you moved on from your "no worse than the flu" talking point?

Anyway, you answered your own question as in a "slower pace" vs a later start so it's not a so called "belief" as it is a question of whether the coronavirus will assume a seasonal nature:

https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers....act_id=3550308

And, FWIW, the original point was simply the observation that flu cases fell dramatically in recent weeks compared with last year due to social distancing and lockdown measures. Something the "no worse than the flu" crowd should keep in mind when making comparisons in the future.

Yowzers, they should have held off the publishing of that paper for another month.

My espoused view point has and continues to be that we should let the disease run its course. Its a shitty utilitarian vantage point and we'll know in 18 months or so if/when a vaccine is released and distributed if it was the right choice.

As we're seeing in Japan/Singapore/Ecuador Covid isn't going away any time soon, its not seasonal and we'll either continue to be mostly shut down or we'll be in wave 2 by early summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    This is from a paper titled "Eleven faces of Covid-19" Allergy, March 2020.

Note that one of them is a "Positive rtPCR after Recovery" and is described as a "long term virus carrier", consecutive Neg tests after 14 days post symptoms followed by a positive 14 days later, that persisted 10+ days and multiple pos tests. The rtPCR tests are much more likely to return a False Negative due to sampling error/very low viremia than a False Positive due to cross contamination/ non-specific amplification. But some people are remaining Pos for virus RNA up to 6 weeks later.

This paper also noted co-infection with both Sars2 and Influenza as a really nasty combo.
    Sounds like people who had symptoms are probably ending their quarantine too early then, in the absence of negative tests.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    I have had the summer flu and know plenty of others as well who have also had it. Just less common.

To recap, some are holding out hope this disappears with the onset of warmer weather. It will only be in hiding.

I think everyone agrees that until there are effective treatments and an eventual vaccine that mass testing and separation for those who test positive is our best hope to contain this.
    Though symptoms are mainly gone, I still strain to breathe a little. I have been seeing some stuff on fibrosis from this thing that looks like something I might be dealing with for a little while at least. If it is my new normal then this might be an issue.

^^^ Sorry to hear that. Hope for the best.

My espoused view point has and continues to be that we should let the disease run its course.
    Not any choice considering there is no cure and the only know preventive is to disrupt the transmission.

Do you favor the "fuck it Dude, lets go bowling approach" or the "shut everything down, stay away from me" school of thought?

Or perhaps something in the middle?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    As we're seeing in Japan/Singapore/Ecuador Covid isn't going away any time soon, its not seasonal and we'll either continue to be mostly shut down or we'll be in wave 2 by early summer.
    Japan? Setting aside your geographic acumen, or lack thereof, you should try either reading the paper or refer back to post #11134 or at the very least read Bunion's post directly above yours.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but nobody said COVID-19 goes away entirely with seasons. The paper emphasizes temperature and specific humidity which suggests seasonal peaks even in tropical regions.