Page 270 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 ... LastLast
Results 6,726 to 6,750 of 41810
    Edibles FTW!

Sent from my SM-N960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    https://twitter.com/axios/status/1241043220710260737

Just when you thought he couldn't go any lower. This might be a new low of any American President.
    He’s a fuckhead. It was his chance to exert leadership, say something comforting and inspiring, but noooo....

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    People deep huffing smoke during a respiratory crisis. Freedom!
    A little drop of RSO on a piece of Lara Bar takes the edge off the prevailing mood.

Chinese Rat Flu

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Edibles FTW!
    Sure. I use them but I also get a mild respiratory affect. Maybe allergy or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    He’s a fuckhead. It was his chance to exert leadership, say something comforting and inspiring, but noooo....
    That's my take as well, if he had any politiking skills at all that was a tee-up for him.

Sent from my SM-N960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

That reporter actually said he ‘lobbed him a softball’
    And Trump fucking choked.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Chinese Rat Flu

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Anyone else having stress headaches every day? I keep also finding me grinding my teeth/jaw. Fuck.
    This thread is horrible for anxiety. Everyone piling on worst case scenarios and then mixing with politics.

Take a break from media, definitely the stupid Covid threads and it surprisingly drastically reduces anxiety and fear.

Just check in the news outlets a couple times a day to see if any updates.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    This thread is horrible for anxiety. Everyone piling on worst case scenarios and then mixing with politics.

Take a break from media, definitely the stupid Covid threads and it surprisingly drastically reduces anxiety and fear.

Just check in the news outlets a couple times a day to see if any updates.
    Agreed. But...

This thread is also the best source of info out there, with people from the front lines of medical care, medical research, etc. Separating signal from noise is a critical skill, here.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Essay from Josh Lerner, MD after the CDC loosens guidelines for all of us on the front lines.

“In one of the most vivid scenes in the HBO miniseries "Chernobyl" (among many vivid scenes), soldiers dressed in leather smocks ran out into radioactive areas to literally shovel radioactive material out of harm's way. Horrifically under-protected, they suited up anyway. In another scene, soldiers fashioned genital protection from scrap metal out of desperation while being sent to other hazardous areas.

Please don't tell me that in the richest country in the world in the 21st century, I'm supposed to work in a fictionalized Soviet-era disaster zone and fashion my own face mask out of cloth because other Americans hoard supplies for personal use and so-called leaders sit around in meetings hearing themselves talk. I ran to a bedside the other day to intubate a crashing, likely COVID, patient. Two respiratory therapists and two nurses were already at the bedside. That's 5 N95s masks, 5 gowns, 5 face shields and 10 gloves for one patient at one time. I saw probably 15-20 patients that shift, if we are going to start rationing supplies, what percentage should I wear precautions for?

Make no mistake, the CDC is loosening these guidelines because our country is not prepared. Loosening guidelines increases healthcare workers' risk but the decision is done to allow us to keep working, not to keep us safe. It is done for the public benefit - so I can continue to work no matter the personal cost to me or my family (and my healthcare family). Sending healthcare workers to the front line asking them to cover their face with a bandana is akin to sending a soldier to the front line in a t-shirt and flip flops.

I don't want talk. I don't want assurances. I want action. I want boxes of N95s piling up, donated from the people who hoarded them. I want non-clinical administrators in the hospital lining up in the ER asking if they can stock shelves to make sure that when I need to rush into a room, the drawer of PPE equipment I open isn't empty. I want them showing up in the ER asking "how can I help" instead of offering shallow "plans" conceived by someone who has spent far too long in an ivory tower and not long enough in the trenches. Maybe they should actually step foot in the trenches.

I want billion-dollar companies like 3M halting all production of any product that isn't PPE to focus on PPE manufacturing. I want a company like Amazon, with its logistics mastery (it can drop a package to your door less than 24 hours after ordering it), halting its 2-day delivery of 12 reams of toilet paper to whoever is willing to pay the most in order to help get the available PPE supply distributed fast and efficiently in a manner that gets the necessary materials to my brothers and sisters in arms who need them.

I want Proctor and Gamble, and the makers of other soaps and detergents, stepping up too. We need detergent to clean scrubs, hospital linens and gowns. We need disinfecting wipes to clean desk and computer surfaces. What about plastics manufacturers? Plastic gowns aren't some high-tech device, they are long shirts/smocks...made out of plastic. Get on it. Face shields are just clear plastic. Nitrile gloves? Yeah, they are pretty much just gloves...made from something that isn't apparently Latex. Let's go. Money talks in this country. Executive millionaires, why don't you spend a few bucks to buy back some of these masks from the hoarders, and drop them off at the nearest hospital.

I love biotechnology and research but we need to divert viral culture media for COVID testing and research. We need biotechnology manufacturing ready and able to ramp up if and when treatments or vaccines are developed. Our Botox supply isn't critical, but our antibiotic supply is. We need to be able to make more plastic ET tubes, not more silicon breast implants.

Let's see all that. Then we can all talk about how we played our part in this fight. Netflix and chill is not enough while my family, friends and colleagues are out there fighting. Our country won two world wars because the entire country mobilized. We out-produced and we out-manufactured while our soldiers out-fought the enemy. We need to do that again because make no mistake, we are at war, healthcare workers are your soldiers, and the war has just begun.”
    . . .

It is a gorgeous afternoon here in the Snoqualmie Valley. I could get used to this cadence of life, minus the specter of society collapsing.

As for Core Shot's quoted essay above, that guy and the rest of the healthcare workers in this country will never get what they are asking for. They'll be the ones spreading the virus and dying because to the ruling class in this country, a skilled physician is the same as a ditch digger: an expendable member of the laboring class who earns a living by working with their hands.

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Come for the poo-slinging, Save a fortune on a plumber.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Agreed. But...

This thread is also the best source of info out there, with people from the front lines of medical care, medical research, etc. Separating signal from noise is a critical skill, here.
    Well, you are dismissing the therapeutic benefits of ignorance.

If you’re someone that needs ALL the information then my recommendation may cause more anxiety. My wife is that way, I’m the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Anyone know how to sew?

https://komonews.com/news/coronaviru...le-coronavirus

Adolf Allerbush mentioned his wife was considering something similar. Maybe she is interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Ski to Be View Post
    I believe particularly in Washington State there are far more cases than reported due to it being around longer and almost no testing. We need a viral antibody test that the general population can take and those that recovered can reengage and keep society running. Do any of you in the know have any idea how long it takes to make an antibody blood test available ?
    There is one now I'll find the limk to their press release
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Utah man denied coronavirus test allegedly threatened to bomb hospital

Ms Boissal texted me about a bomb threat yesterday while she was at work. She's used to dealing with violent patients as a solid 1/3 of their traumas involve gang shootings but a bomb was a new one for her. Came the day after the earthquake. She's not psyched.
    The whole hospital is re-working the shift system to minimize exposure. Their team of 6 surgeons and 12 APCs who usually have random schedules are now grouped in teams of 2 surgeons + 4 APCs working for a week straight then off for 2 weeks of isolation. No contact between teams, they'll do a conference call to transition patients to the incoming team.

My wife sews and has been buying the supplies to make masks.

X

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Like Trump?
    Mrs. Toadman
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    so serious question. If anyone can make these work, would you send me any? my wife is a pediatric neuro oncology NP and her patients are the most vulnerable. I'm not scamming, I'm serious.These are kids with little to no immune system and their parents have to sit around while they get treatments. Send me a PM i

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Where did she get the rubber strips? My Mom is a sewing savant. She's got everything but those elastic bands. She wants to start cranking these out. Trying to figure out where to get some of those bands. Thanks!
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Results finally came back after 6 days to confirm Covid-19 positive.
    We already been self quarantined since March 14th, Saturday.
    But now we are indefinitely quarantined until we hear from DOH.
    Once we clear our symptoms, hear from DOH, then they are going to give us two tests to clear to leave the apartment.
    Boyfriend is having harder time (or complains more) than I am.
    But neither of us have chest pain or trouble breathing which's good.

Stay healthy and safe, mags.

Your daily dose of sunshine ...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 4.00.06 PM.png 
Views:	151 
Size:	633.4 KB 
ID:	321308

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 4.00.22 PM.png 
Views:	131 
Size:	437.2 KB 
ID:	321309

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    a solid 1/3 of their traumas involve gang shootings.
    Are there a lot of gangs in Murray, UT? I had no idea

Quote Originally Posted by nutmegchoi View Post
    Results finally came back after 6 days to confirm Covid-19 positive.
    We already been self quarantined since March 14th, Saturday.
    But now we are indefinitely quarantined until we hear from DOH.
    Once we clear our symptoms, hear from DOH, then they are going to give us two tests to clear to leave the apartment.
    Boyfriend is having harder time (or complains more) than I am.
    But neither of us have chest pain or trouble breathing which's good.

Stay healthy and safe, mags.
    you win.
    Sorry to be insensitive.. Looking for levity but their was a thread about first person to receive a positive test. Feel better. Charleston will be waiting for your guys.

That's definitely good about the chest/breathing part and assuming you just get better it will be nice to have it behind you. Good luck Nutmeg!