Page 127 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,175 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Oldest are in their early 60s, but they say they are not worried about it.

But consider this: if everyone is going to be exposed eventually, are the grandparents better off taking a chance seeing the kids NOW when apparently no one has been exposed or waiting and hoping they survive their exposure later? It's macabre as fuck but if the grandparents are going to die if they are exposed maybe better that they spend the time with the grandkids now when it seems likely that nobody in the family has been exposed, because if this thing is as deadly as they say the grandparents are gonna fucking die anyways.
    That's the spirit.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    That's the spirit.
    Get to see the grand-kids before the virus the grand-kids gave them kills them.

It's like an episode of black mirror.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Those other factors certainly do contribute, but these days people also tend to congregate in air-conditioned spaces in mid-summer so I'm not sure how much more natural "social distancing" there really is in summer.
    To me it just says that kids are the key to viruses spreading. When they're out of school viruses don't spread nearly as efficiently.

Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Seriously - old people who "aren't worried about it" sure as FUCK are going to suddenly be worried about it when they get it and end up on a ventilator.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    To me it just says that kids are the key to viruses spreading. When they're out of school viruses don't spread nearly as efficiently.
    Maybe we can quarantine all the teenagers AT SCHOOL. As a dad with 2 kids in HS and one in university, I'd be all for that.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    part of the temperature thing with winter is how we respond to it (and the dry air) in addition to how the temp affects the virus.
    Really? So warmer, muggier places get less cases of the flu? I've never seen evidence of this, but can't say I've researched the topic either.

Gimme five, I'm still alive!
    Ain't no luck, I learned to duck!

Perhaps they just see it as their "time." Here are some handy brochures outlining some options. https://www.batesville.com/products/catalogs-brochures/

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    Went to an expo with a bunch of health workers. Nobody shook hands, elbow bumps or air high fives only.
    I don't understand the need to touch at all given the situation. Can't people just smile and nod? Why does it have to be another form of contact?
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Our costco is sold out of TP today. Shit just got real

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Along with VZ which seems to be the consensus pick in the stock mkt thread, could be a nice way to play this.

Though if people are driving less, that means less traffic deaths which could offset any Covid -19 death gains. I'd leave this sort of analysis to the wizards in the stock thread.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    I don't understand the need to touch at all given the situation. Can't people just smile and nod? Why does it have to be another form of contact?
    It's what makes us human.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Or a nice bow?

Actual experts in this field say weather is absolutely a direct factor in influenza transmission so I'm inclined to believe them. Regarding kids, schools and COVID-19, the other thing Osterholm was saying is that right now it appears that kids don't get infected very easily (reasons unknown, but not unheard for other viruses). His opinion was that closing schools doesn't seem necessary right now, especially considering that around a third of all hospital nurses have school-age kids and and it would not be good to have a significant percentage of them stuck at home because the kids' school is closed.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Well, this has sold me on going into hiding / end of my season / no April trip to France
    Gal in my Yoga class is going to France in April. She said they booked it a year ago and didn't get insurance so they are going. She's sure things will be fine (though she didn't sound very convinced).
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I don't care if Monday's blue
    I’ve made myself so sick... I wish I stayed asleep today.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    All this talk of how great America is and all these other countries have their shit together so much better to deal with this.
    Taiwan especially.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...virus-n1153826
    US banned Chinese flights 5 days later. Comparing Taiwan to the US, isn’t really apples to apples.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3310.JPG 
Views:	83 
Size:	229.0 KB 
ID:	319864

Walmart has zombies. I just got over the flu, so I restocked my medicine cabinet. Grabbed the last bottle of NyQuil.

If you don’t fear Corona, fear people.

anyone with kids nods in agreement
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I’ve made myself so sick... I wish I stayed asleep today.
    How does it feel
    To treat me like you do?
    When you've laid your hands upon me

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Paging Summit, if you're not too busy. Is it possible that some people might have limited immunity to COVID19 based on previous coronavirus exposure? If so, could the immunity depend on which particular virus a person had been exposed to? And if that is so perhaps the experience in different countries differs based on the particular strains of the virus endemic in that country? Perhaps Italy is naive to cross-antigenic strains that are prevalent in other countries. j
    I posed a similar question yesterday...curious to know,

Quote Originally Posted by KenJongIll View Post
    Any thoughts to whether CV-19 might be more lethal/contagious to those in the western world vs Chinese? They regularly eat “bush meat” , bats, etc. Could they possibly have a stronger immunity to Corona viruses? Maybe from past exposure to less virulent forms?

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Our costco is sold out of TP today. Shit just got real

Superior Costco?

Yesterday, all they had was the hifalutin Charmin. I bought one. Sorry not sorry.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Apologies in advance if this is a repeat.

Name:  corona-virus-costco-toilet-paper-meme.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  133.0 KB