Page 85 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,125 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by ncskier View Post
    To say the president told sick people to go to work is inaccurate based on that transcript.
    This is correct - he didn't instruct sick people to go to work ... he condoned it, which is reasonable to hear from a person who's top priority is avoiding the negative economic consequences of a bunch of folks not going to work.

Flybe airlines folds
    https://www.flybe.com/

China just took over HNA Group, which owns several airlines and a 25% stake in Hilton.

Rumors that Southwest could be next?
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

fyi...this related to the nyc mta dish rag wiping down of the tubes shown on the television dog pony show....even the most efficient killer of coronavirus, takes a full 60 seconds minimum with full strength solution at total saturation to potentially kill on inanimate surfaces (oil , dirt grease will affect effectiveness).....all moot as soon as the first run of people pass thru leaving a completely new set of germs in their wake....if such a "show" were to be viable, it would have to take place after "controlled openings" of the gates from outside....letting a wave pass thru, then shutting the place down, cleaning it again, and so on ....probably would be helpful to eliminate all buying of tickets, turnstalls, and or anything else that causes delay or hands on interaction
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Flybe airlines folds
    https://www.flybe.com/

China just took over HNA Group, which owns several airlines and a 25% stake in Hilton.

Rumors that Southwest could be next?
    Why Southwest?

Even before corona virus I don’t see why anyone would go on a cruise. Floating Petri dishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Why Southwest?
    Yes why southwest. Buffet already owns 25% and they have little international exposure. Sounds like a rumor. Now if you said United I’d be happy to see those fucks go under.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Even before corona virus I don’t see why anyone would go on a cruise. Floating Petri dishes.
    I know. I mean, not that all this is new. Gotta be really gross, all of these obese fuckers eating and defecating 24/7. But, the industry was doing well. People love that shit.

Chinese Rat Flu

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Look, when the president of the untied states makes a statement about people going to work sick and coming out okay during a pandemic and doesn't follow it up with "but I wouldn't recommend it" he is effectively endorsing that very behavior. As president he has a duty to speak responsibly to his citizens who look to him for guidance in word and action.

/end of discussion
    I would agree with you, but he did not instruct sick people to go to work. And let’s be honest, if the current president tweeted “stay home it’s a pandemic” , he could theoretically really crash our economy which is hugely consumer driven.
    After 9/11 you got a check from the government, for the youngsters here, a real honest to goodness Santa Claus like check mailed to you and 0% car loans to go out and spend, spend, spend. It’s not in the interest of the executive branch to tell you the truth and stay home.
    I’m not sure anyone understands the true economic ramifications of anyone with a cold, flu seasonal allergies or corona, suddenly staying home all at once, worse yet, going to our ER’s.
    Yes I’m sitting at a hospital conference right now and it’s being discussed. What is needed is a measured well thought out triage plan, not panic, but panic is what we would get if the guy with the biggest mouth starts shouting fire. You may not like him, but really think what would happen if trump starts tweeting pandemic, stay home.

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    Plus they have much more sick days and vacation days.
    No surprise why they struggle with persistent zero gdp growth.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    No surprise why they struggle with persistent zero gdp growth.
    Holy shit. You fucker. You nasty person for typing that.

Yes why southwest. Buffet already owns 25% and they have little international exposure. Sounds like a rumor. Now if you said United I’d be happy to see those fucks go under.
    i said 'rumors' and added question mark. basically i read it in one of the flybe reports.

I would agree with you, but he did not instruct sick people to go to work. And let’s be honest, if the current president tweeted “stay home it’s a pandemic” , he could theoretically really crash our economy which is hugely consumer driven.
    After 9/11 you got a check from the government, for the youngsters here, a real honest to goodness Santa Claus like check mailed to you and 0% car loans to go out and spend, spend, spend. It’s not in the interest of the executive branch to tell you the truth and stay home.
    I’m not sure anyone understands the true economic ramifications of anyone with a cold, flu seasonal allergies or corona, suddenly staying home all at once, worse yet, going to our ER’s.
    Yes I’m sitting at a hospital conference right now and it’s being discussed. What is needed is a measured well thought out triage plan, not panic, but panic is what we would get if the guy with the biggest mouth starts shouting fire. You may not like him, but really think what would happen if trump starts tweeting pandemic, stay home
    He could defer to people that know what they're talking about that could give a measured articulate statement.

Also, what's a check? Is that like when I 'check' to see if my tax return has been deposited into my account?

He could defer to people that know what they're talking about that could give a measured articulate statement.

Also, what's a check? Is that like when I 'check' to see if my tax return has been deposited into my account?
    That’s piece of paper from the old time you exchanged for cash, which is also made of paper.
    I know I’m old, I still remember getting that 9/11 recession check and blowing it on a fishing trip near Venice Louisiana. I should have bought apple stock.

What check are you talking about? Did you live below 14th street?

paper? yuck.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	25555994-8076427-The_state_health_department_issued_a_notice_on_Twitter_warning_r-a-41_158338072.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	85.4 KB 
ID:	318950

pretty sure i bought ski gear with mine.

This.

Chinese Rat Flu

What check are you talking about? Did you live below 14th street?
    Feds gave an economic stimulus rebate in the months after 9/11. They did the same in 2008
    Excerpt from Reuters
    “In 2001 when the economy was last in a recession and the government also handed out rebate checks, many consumers went on a post-9/11 shopping spree.

Colin McGranahan, retail analyst with Bernstein Research in New York, said worries of a severe recession should fade as the rebates and interest rate cuts work their way through the economy, and the benefit will likely last through the third quarter of 2008.”

Have you forgotten about these?

Full article mentioning it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile....00889920080214

Oh, yeah, you mean like Trumps tax cuts? Man, if that's what you think is stimulus, good luck. Save your money.

This.

NC, you act as though there are only 2 responses: The guy with the biggest mouth shouting fire, or giving everybody some money.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Oh, yeah, you mean like Trumps tax cuts? Man, if that's what you think is stimulus, good luck. Save your money.
    I’m not making it political .
    Merely stating the consumer economy is so important that post 9/11 the feds literally mailed out money and told people to spend. Go to Disney world. That’s all, nothing more nothing less . Not everything is about trump. Just interesting how the government wants us to be good little consumers. That’s all.

Chinese Rat Flu

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    This.

NC, you act as though there are only 2 responses: The guy with the biggest mouth shouting fire, or giving everybody some money.
    Ok last time.
    There are a myriad of responses.
    Trump is not the guy who is going to be nuanced. He’s either going to shout fire which in turn crashes his economy or he’s going to downplay it. I’m not saying it’s right, merely pointing out that the message is self serving as to not induce panic for his own self interest.

In post 9/11 with putrid air still smoldering, they played the World Series and people visited for the holidays.
    Not everything is trump this trump that. Merely pointing out our government likes us to carry on and spend . They don’t care as long as we spend.

^this. Didn't Dante document one?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Ok last time.
    There are a myriad of responses.
    Trump is not the guy who is going to be nuanced. He’s either going to shout fire which in turn crashes his economy or he’s going to downplay it. I’m not saying it’s right, merely pointing out that the message is self serving as to not induce panic for his own self interest.

In post 9/11 with putrid air still smoldering, they played the World Series and people visited for the holidays.
    Not everything is trump this trump that. Merely pointing out our government likes us to carry on and spend . They don’t care as long as we spend.

https://coloradosun.com/2020/03/05/c...ealth-opinion/

What I find extremely interesting is the difference between South Korea and Italy. South Korea has twice as many diagnosed cases, but Italy had as many deaths today as South Korea has had altogether. Italy has 7 times as many in serious/critical condition. Did Italy's outbreak start a few weeks earlier? If not, it's almost like a different strain.