Page 461 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 ... LastLast
Results 11,501 to 11,525 of 41810
    Well, they are a bit paranoid...
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

I have friend on FB who made dramatic announcement about how he had Covid. He had previously been skeptical of all of it and acknowledged the 'karma was a bitch' sort of thing. He was gonna drive out in the woods in his livable van and self isolate and all that.

Heaps of people wishing prayers and healthy recovery etc.

He had come by my house 3 days earlier and dropped off a remote for a big TV he had given me a week earlier.
    So I texted and asked if he really thought he had it. No response for 3 days. Then response that it was April fools joke.

Meanwhile I had assumed I had it...

Quote Originally Posted by carpathian View Post
    I have friend on FB who made dramatic announcement about how he had Covid. He had previously been skeptical of all of it and acknowledged the 'karma was a bitch' sort of thing. He was gonna drive out in the woods in his livable van and self isolate and all that.

He had come by my house 3 days earlier and dropped off a remote for a big TV he had given me a week earlier.
    So I texted and asked if he really thought he had it. No response for 3 days. Then response that it was April fools joke.

I assume your friend is now waiting outside ER with a broken jaw?

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    The sole exception once again was the cannabis stores which were militant about social distancing and wearing masks & gloves. Go figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Well, they are a bit paranoid...
    Dispos recognize that many of their medical patrons have maladies that put them at higher risk than the general population.

KQ - are WA dispos still pretty much open? Most of the ones here are phone in/pickup only due to difficulty with distancing

Quote Originally Posted by TG View Post
    I assume your friend is now waiting outside ER with a broken jaw?
    I read his post on last Thursday morning. The topper was that I literally woke up with a sore throat and headache. Lasted 3 days... assume it was regular head cold at this point.... or allergies... or Covid from another source...

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Dispos recognize that many of their medical patrons have maladies that put them at higher risk than the general population.

KQ - are WA dispos still pretty much open? Most of the ones here are phone in/pickup only due to difficulty with distancing
    Answering your question for KQ: Yes, they were deemed essential facilities, same as grocery stores, C stores, and liquor stores. High taxes on that stuff (not food but everything else). Don't kill the golden goose kind of thing.

Sorry, I meant to ask whether the dispos were open to walk in traffic. They are deemed essential in OR too, problem is with maintaining distance, so virtually all in Central. OR at least are solely phone in/pick up

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Many people have their asses so economically penetrated by the triple headed black mamba without lube they won't be in any shape to spend any decent amount of $. The same goes for business. I'd say you're about right
    i been putting it off for years but the first thing I'm gona do is get our favorite ambulance chaser to write me up a will

but $$$$$ aside I'm just not inclined to travel at this point, i think its too early to say
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

wwell it s AK so is buddy a republican or an idiot or both ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

You can still walk into weed stores in Washington. Might have some plexi glass up as a barrier. In Washington, medical and recreational mj are combined, so no way the government could shut that down without a bunch of lawsuits. And the tax revenue is a plus.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post

Yes they are open but encourage online quick pick up ordering. I think the governor also relaxed the rules to allow for curbside.

I've been surprised and pleased that the products I use have remained well stocked. Picked up some CBD/THC tinctures and gummies today.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    You can still walk into weed stores in Washington. the tax revenue is critical, besides medical and recreational mj are combined, so no way the government could shut that down without a bunch of lawsuits.
    FIFY123

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    That brief period of trying for herd immunity was a horrific idea and I’m sure is the cause of all the massive problems now.
    It seems like that is the case for the UK. Isn’t Sweden taking that strategy?

I read his post on last Thursday morning. The topper was that I literally woke up with a sore throat and headache. Lasted 3 days... assume it was regular head cold at this point.... or allergies... or Covid from another source...
    Dick move by friend... very poor judgement.

But it's weird, I've had your symptoms for over three weeks. Sore throat and headache, but they usually kick in around noon, then die off after dinner. They are not so bad anymore, but I've heard a few others say the same thing. Wondering if anyone else here is experiencing this.

Oh, and ofc my Doctor said they would/could not give me a test.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

@evdog - as far as travel restrictions - absolutely more could be done. Had a friend come back from a cruise in early March that had a confirmed case on board and didn't even get a question about exposure getting off the boat/on the plane etc.
    Plenty of barriers/filters could have been easily implemented and our numbers could have looked like South Korea.

I quit checking this thread so maybe this has been mentioned, but these numbers seem to look a lot better then the last time I looked (maybe 2-3 days ago?). Certain doom was being predicted for Alabama, and now predicting no bed shortage?
    https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america

Sorry to bring what may be deemed good news to this thread, I know you guys hate that.

I’ve got the same thing, it dies down during the day for me. I usually never have headaches.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    Dick move by friend... very poor judgement.

But it's weird, I've had your symptoms for over three weeks. Sore throat and headache, but they usually kick in around noon, then die off after dinner. They are not so bad anymore, but I've heard a few others say the same thing. Wondering if anyone else here is experiencing this.

Oh, and ofc my Doctor said they would/could not give me a test.

https://www.newstatesman.com/science...at-coronavirus

"Merigliano said the experiment had allowed him to obtain a “full picture” of the coronavirus’s rate of transmission. He learned that “this virus is a very, very uncommon one”. With most viruses, Merigliano explains, “you become infected and transmit the infection when you are ill”. With Covid-19, “transmission in 50 per cent of cases is made by asymptomatic people, with no ability to detect the disease”.
    This extraordinary rate of asymptomatic transmission has led Crisanti’s team to recommend very widespread testing as the only way to effectively track and contain the virus’s spread. Crisanti told reporters that he suspected that at least a quarter of a million people in Italy were carrying the disease, most with little or no symptoms."

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 9.30.01 AM.png
Views: 701
Size:  52.7 KB

On top of that, rates will undoubtably go up as a results of this.

#spreadtherisk

USA #1

Come in Mazderati, it is America First!, get with the program.