Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Billie Eilish

Billie Eilish

I don't get it. Can't dance to it, lyrics are meh, and there are thousands of young women that can sing as well.

What am I missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    I don't get it. Can't dance to it, lyrics are meh, and there are thousands of young women that can sing as well.

What am I missing?
    A birth date in the 00's

I like the sound. For me it's like she's trying to blend in with the music.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

My 8 year old daughter likes her.

Are you 8? Are you a girl? Do you listen to Kid's Place Live?

Other than that, I got nothing...I don't get her music either.
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

this is the point in the thread when someone about 40 years younger than me says OK Boomer to some or all of us

Quote Originally Posted by goathead View Post
    this is the point in the thread when someone about 40 years younger than me says OK Boomer to some or all of us
    No boomer here.

I'm a dinosaur, but when I'm in the car w/ my daughter, (20 yrs old), she takes over the music. Sometimes I like the songs, BFD.

You're not supposed to understand your kids music. It's been the same story for generations........

I like some of her music and she actually has a fine voice when she wants to. Also like her story, how she and her brother wrote, played and produced all her songs at home and would not let any record execs fuck with their vision--and obviously they were right. Her Insta feed is a hoot too, no idea where she gets all the crazy clothes but it cracks me up. And she's just a kid. Amazing.

I saw her at a festival in 2018 and reported here in the concert thread . She was really great live and you knew she was going to be a star. https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...38#post5345638 . She recorded Ocean Eyes when she was 13.

And now for something completely different

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

She has musical vision and is like 16, so her lyrics will catch up and her music improves. I like what she's doing but if the lyrics had more depth she'd be even more popular. She'll either get there or burn out once she's old enough to declare her non binary sexual status and has a really good collection of drug dealers.

When I read reviews that mention "she's never owned a cd" I know I am being played. Not that I would listen to anything as empty as this, ever.

Billie Eilish is the anti-pop star we've been waiting for
    At just 17 years old at the time, singer-songwriter Billie Eilish was nominated for six Grammys, named Billboard's Woman of the Year and Variety’s Hitmaker of the Year, accumulated over 45 million followers on Instagram, became a fashion icon, and released her first studio album while also setting two Guinness World Records. Billie Eilish is the first chart-topping artist born in this millennium, and she's never owned a CD. Now the world is wide open for her, and clamoring for more.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    When I read reviews that mention "she's never owned a cd" I know I am being played. Not that I would listen to anything as empty as this, ever.

Billie Eilish is the anti-pop star we've been waiting for
    At just 17 years old at the time, singer-songwriter Billie Eilish was nominated for six Grammys, named Billboard's Woman of the Year and Variety’s Hitmaker of the Year, accumulated over 45 million followers on Instagram, became a fashion icon, and released her first studio album while also setting two Guinness World Records. Billie Eilish is the first chart-topping artist born in this millennium, and she's never owned a CD. Now the world is wide open for her, and clamoring for more.

Misquote. She has never bought a cd. Never heard of Van Halen either. "bellyache" is a great tune and good video too.

And doing the next Bond movie title song.

Should've been Radiohead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    And doing the next Bond movie title song.
    She probably thinks Daniel Craig is James Bond,... and has no idea that the REAL James Bond has always been Timothy Dalton.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Skip to 10:17. Whips a crowd up pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    She probably thinks Daniel Craig is James Bond,... and has no idea that the REAL James Bond has always been Timothy Dalton.
    He's the supermarket manager in Hot Fuzz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

I'm old but I get it. I don't love her music but she's talented as hell. She's gonna be a very big thing. I also like, as the father of a 15 yr old daughter, that she doesn't run around with her T and A hanging out for the world to see. I asked my kid why she dressed like that, she told me "because it's none of anyone's business what her body looks like". I kind of liked that.

Didn’t Fiona Apple already do this? And she did it way better. I’m with the OP.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Not surprising that’s it’s deadheads that don’t get it.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Not surprising that’s it’s deadheads that don’t get it.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Yeah, cause that’s the only music I listen to.

[QUOTE=Peruvian;5872892]I don't get it. Can't dance to it, lyrics are meh, and there are thousands of young women that can sing as well.

What am I missing?

Until very recently I had no idea who she was and thought her last name was Eyelash...guess it's a good thing I am so out of touch, although I do know who Maggie Rogers is so that should count for something.

Hmm, this thread made me go listen to more of her stuff. Her SNL appearance was pretty good. Not what I might typically download, but this is really well done.

I dig her stuff. it's mainstream but also different
    both she and her brother (that producers her music) both have synesthesia, where they "see" music in color. different stimulations of music, which is why I think it's for some and not others
    skid luxury