new liners: surefoot or zipfit

I'm on a pair of old Lupo T.I. the transparent green, done 3 season on them now and I think the shell doesn't really loose flex and performance (if you think I'm wrong please let me know) so I'm looking to spend some money on new liners (have already changed one pair) I'm thinking between surefoot that I can find for 180€ or zipfit for 360€..now I've read how the latter can last really long even up to 500days, I'm wondering since it's double the price, how long the surefoot would last...any tip?

Thaaanks

So I haven't seen any reviews of the Zipfit Tour, but just eyeballing it and knowing what the others are like, it might be very stiff if you want to use it for touring.

Why not an intuition liner?
    For Sale:

If you're in the Northeast and would like to borrow some Jigarex Plates I have:

Rossi/Look plates
    Salomon Warden 13 plates
    Marker Kingpin Plates

Quote Originally Posted by nyskirat View Post
    So I haven't seen any reviews of the Zipfit Tour, but just eyeballing it and knowing what the others are like, it might be very stiff if you want to use it for touring.
    I use a Zipfit Tour in my alpine (no walk mode) boots, and love the downhill performance it provides.

I’ve tried skinning in Zipfits in my boots with a walk mode (Atomic Hawx Ultra XTD). Skinning in Zipfits is doable, but it reduces the cuff travel to something similar to what you got with a pair of touring boots from 15 years ago (eg Dynafit Green Machine), consequently I use a Sidas liner for touring.

I have lupos and didn't like the stock liner. Tried a bunch of different liners and the vast majority of them didn't play well with the cabrio design / shell shape. I'd get super uncomfortable pressure points along the top / sides of my foot where the overlap of the tongue of the liner kinda conflicted with the overlap of the shell tongue and clog. I concluded that there's a reason that most dalbellos come with an intuition wrap.

Of course, it might work fine for your foot, and there's probably some traditional tongue liner that'd be great.

I put zipfits in Lupos. It’s currently the best combo in memory. Almost from day 1 (after two home molds) it was a match. They locked down my ankle in Lupos which for me was super sloppy in stock liner.
    The liner stiffened the 120 flex which is what I wanted. They are heavier. I’m probably keeping a tour boot in addition to these just to have a good ROM. Zipfits are warm.
    The zipfits catch is you’ll now become a liner on foot first then insert in the boot, guy. Takes more time but I’ve never been more content. Probably one of my better buys in recent years

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    I have lupos and didn't like the stock liner. Tried a bunch of different liners and the vast majority of them didn't play well with the cabrio design / shell shape. I'd get super uncomfortable pressure points along the top / sides of my foot where the overlap of the tongue of the liner kinda conflicted with the overlap of the shell tongue and clog. I concluded that there's a reason that most dalbellos come with an intuition wrap.

Of course, it might work fine for your foot, and there's probably some traditional tongue liner that'd be great.
    Powerwraps are the only thing that works for me in cabrio’s.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by nyskirat View Post

Why not an intuition liner?
    Because I'm desiring something that last a bit longer the 100 days, been on intuition, loved them but really disappointed on how they pack out.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post

I'm a bit afraid of that as now I have an overlap, the one from the new lupo and it gives me the same problems...will see..