Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    IME, they WILL fog up, nothing you can do about it, but they typically only fog up on the outside of the lense. Just take them off, don't touch them and the fog will clear off in the 10-20 minutes ride back up. If they are still foggy, use your goggle wipe to get the remaining moisture off just before you head out for your next run.

I'm a "sweater", so I typically take my helmet off when I get back in the cat to keep the heat down.

Having worked in the heliski industry for the past 20 years, I have a coupla books worth of hints, tips and best practices. One of the top one is buy some Smith turbo fan goggles. They will save your warm storm, tree skiing days. I can't remember when I bought my Prophecy's so they're prolly over a decade old and still operating fine...had to change lenses a few times but all else is good.

Keep fan on low continuously. Crank speed up to high at bottom of run/while bundling skis. Keep fan on high in heli and while exiting and waiting for heli to leave. Bump fan speed down to low for the run. Crank it up to high mid run if you crash and have to look for a lost ski or pole and/or if heavy deep snow skiing results in a lot of sweatin'.

On first day of heliski trip, figure out optimum seat location and see if you can organize your daily group loading pattern so that you can sit under one of the air vents above head. Open vent and direct cool air stream at head during flights. Open helmet vents, reorientate goggles from face to helmet halfway overlapping the brim.

Be fastidious with your goggle care in general. Ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
    Last edited by swissiphic; 02-29-2020 at 10:28 AM.
    Master of mediocrity.

Always stay “high”on the traverse!

Befriend the bartender. Your final bill will be much less than u anticipated.

You don’t need to be 1st to ski the best lines. Often once the newbs ski off Your tail guide will point u towards the goods if he feels ur competent.

If they invite u to a guides meeting in the cat shop plan on crawling back to ur room...lol