"The two Sand Flats parcels carry stipulations that bar surface disturbances, like road building and drill pads, meaning that their hydrocarbons would have to be reached from adjacent lands through horizontal drilling. However, Sand Flats is sandwiched between wilderness study areas, Morning Glory to the north and and Mill Creek to the south, where drilling would not be allowed.

Even if someone leases the parcels for the minimum $1.50 an acre, it’s unclear how their minerals could be extracted."

And the parcels were nominated for lease anonymously. Smells like misdirection and/or trolling.
    Last edited by Dantheman; 01-23-2020 at 06:34 PM.

$1.50 an acre you say? Huh.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    $1.50 an acre you say? Huh.
    I was thinking the same thing.

Wanna go in on a lease? I'm thinking 50 years should do'er.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

I would like to establish the idea that mineral rights can be utilized by hauling out ore on bicycles. How many acres do we need?

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    I was thinking the same thing.

Wanna go in on a lease? I'm thinking 50 years should do'er.
    I’m in for a nickel.

You should have been an attorney Dan. No oil and gas company is going to develop slick rock. This is a PR play 100%. And it seems to have worked!

So what kinda PR does BLM get out of this? Is it just BLM snubbing their noses at other stakeholders? I do not see the benefit in this action for BLM, seems it only incites user conflict. I wonder who made the parcel sale decisions at BLM?

DOI reports to the President who gets to brag to oil and gas constituents that he opened up xxx,xxx acres of land to drilling that the mean brown man wouldn't let them have access to.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsmurfer View Post
    So what kinda PR does BLM get out of this? Is it just BLM snubbing their noses at other stakeholders? I do not see the benefit in this action for BLM, seems it only incites user conflict. I wonder who made the parcel sale decisions at BLM?
    Industry nominates parcels for lease.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsmurfer View Post
    Sounds like anyone can nominate parcels for leasing. So who knows.

Maybe it was the Wildernuts nominating it to distract us from the other shenanigans they're trying to pull off: https://forums.mtbr.com/utah/america...t-1123971.html

Anyone know details on this Red Rock Wilderness act?

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post

Maybe it was the Wildernuts nominating it to distract us from the other shenanigans they're trying to pull off: https://forums.mtbr.com/utah/america...t-1123971.html

blue dot.....gold bar rim......

Lots of dirbike zones on rock too

motherfuckers

hey dumbasses: you'll get more allies in protecting public lands from resource extraction if you quit trying to kick the public off of it in the name of "protection™".
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post

I know that it's huge. Last time I checked it totaled about 9 million acres. They've also been trying to pass it for like 30 years and it's going nowhere while Republicans control the presidency and/or the senate. It's laughable that it includes stuff in the Mag7 area.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    I know that it's huge. Last time I checked it totaled about 9 million acres. They've also been trying to pass it for like 30 years and it's going nowhere while Republicans control the presidency and/or the senate. It's laughable that it includes stuff in the Mag7 area.
    As well as most of Behind the Rocks and Moab Rim, IIRC.