Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    How do you know she's even in to you ? Maybe this is a ripping skier's way of telling you to fuck off after taking a look at your rear entry ski boots ?

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Just a simple "yeeep!"
    YEEEE-EWWW!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Satch View Post

Too bad you didn't record it.
    It could gone viral.
    GSA’s dad, guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    one of your best posts ever.
    Really was. Lovely day it sounds like.

Send our best to Drew when you go down to the basement.
    I still call it The Jake.

Starting to question snowshoe logic since my wife wanted a pair for Christmas to help recovery from ACL surgery after the dog clipped her. Watching her struggle at a very slow pace in any kind of depth vs simply gliding over it with nordic skis makes zero sense to me....especially if it's supposed to be about knee therapy. On packed trails I still don't see a benefit over skis, except on small slopes.

Good luck on your date discussing snowshoe life choices.
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

That said, I have never met a snowshoer that acted like a Vegan or some-such.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeaths mom View Post
    One of my first dates with Andrew's father involved snowshoeing along Minnehaha Creek. Back then snowshoes were made out of wood with lacquered rawhide lacing and you had to be in good shape to hike for a mile or more. I always fantasized about living in the 1800's and meeting a sexy trapper in the snowy woods, so one day Nubs showed up with the snowshoes and dressed in a coonskin cap and a faux fur jacket. I'll spare you the details, but I'll just say he got a beaver that day.
    Need. Eye. Bleach. Bad touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    I skied down onto a snowshoeing couple fuckin in the woods. Skied right by them... classic deer in the headlights look.

It happens, man. Git some!
    Oh my, hopefully it wasn't The Artist...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mike View Post
    Oh my, hopefully it wasn't The Artist...
    It'd be a lot cooler if it was.

I mean at least give it a try.
    Don't act like you are looking for the love of your life, just someone attractive who might be worth a second date. Maybe she'll even say she's always wanted to learn to ski.
    At worst you have a decent shot at getting laid.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

This has to be a coincidence but I was just on a snow shoe blog and some chick is talking about if she could date a dude who skied in the winter. Blabbing about how uninteresting skiers are and that snowboarders are way cooler....Weird.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

At worst you have a decent shot at getting laid.
    You’ve clearly never met me.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Pure gold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    one of your best posts ever.
    3rded...

Perfection on the pic, too:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-01-23 at 7.34.41 PM.png 
Views:	145 
Size:	243.9 KB 
ID:	312061
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

palladium

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    You’ve clearly never met me.
    Well, I guess once DD's mom spread the word about your big dick and how you know how to use it, it's just been a see of pussy. Right on, dude.
    No longer stuck.

Just an uneducated guess.

I think the obvious reason people choose snowshoeing over skiing is that they don't know how to ski (or aren't good at it) and are afraid of falling. That fear-of-falling-skiing is super real for a lot of folks, but as long as they stay out of the skintrack who cares what they do? I do chuckle seeing them on roads covered in resort-groomer-levels of impenetrable hardpack, but whatever, buy the ticket take the ride I guess.

As for OP, it sure as shit beats going to the mall or something. Just bring your skis and tell her you're too cheap to rent snowshoes but these work just as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    I was just on a snow shoe blog
    NTTAWWT

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    I think the obvious reason people choose snowshoeing over skiing is that they don't know how to ski (or aren't good at it) and are afraid of falling. That fear-of-falling-skiing is super real for a lot of folks, but as long as they stay out of the skintrack who cares what they do? I do chuckle seeing them on roads covered in resort-groomer-levels of impenetrable hardpack, but whatever, buy the ticket take the ride I guess.

As for OP, it sure as shit beats going to the mall or something. Just bring your skis and tell her you're too cheap to rent snowshoes but these work just as well...
    If you're on a packed trail you should at least do Nordic.

I think the obvious reason people choose snowshoeing over skiing is that they don't know how to ski (or aren't good at it) and are afraid of falling. That fear-of-falling-skiing is super real for a lot of folks, but as long as they stay out of the skintrack who cares what they do?........
    Yep. That’s my wife’s rationale....or is it fear of sliding?

Sent via iPhone
    Slidewright.com
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeaths mom View Post
    One of my first dates with Andrew's father involved snowshoeing along Minnehaha Creek. Back then snowshoes were made out of wood with lacquered rawhide lacing and you had to be in good shape to hike for a mile or more. I always fantasized about living in the 1800's and meeting a sexy trapper in the snowy woods, so one day Nubs showed up with the snowshoes and dressed in a coonskin cap and a faux fur jacket. I'll spare you the details, but I'll just say he got a beaver that day.
    Welcome back Ms. Dawson.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

I think the obvious reason people choose snowshoeing over skiing is that they don't know how to ski (or aren't good at it) and are afraid of falling....
    That and it apparently keeps you really planted for those backcountry hoggin sessions.
    I still call it The Jake.

I thought the obvious reason was snowshoeing is a fraction of the cost of skiing

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    That and it apparently keeps you really planted for those backcountry hoggin sessions.
    lol apparently

Could be worse, she could be a split-boarder....
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

Saw a guy at kirkweed recently skiing on his splitboard. As in his board was split, bindings in tour mode, and he was wobbling around trying to ski off Ch 6.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Saw a guy at kirkweed recently skiing on his splitboard. As in his board was split, bindings in tour mode, and he was wobbling around trying to ski off Ch 6.
    Props to him for trying to figure that shit out so that he's not a complete ass in the bc.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    I mean, really. I've been talking to this girl about doing something this weekend, and she is very active and fun, but she likes snowshoeing in the winter. Snowshoeing is about the worst thing I can imagine doing, I mean, in the whole world of winter fun (skiing, touring, fatbiking, sledding, building snowmen, snowball fights, drinking whiskey in the hot tub, challenging the mayor's son to a gentleman's duel, etc...) snowshoeing just strikes me as pointless.

I had girded myself for the possibility of dating a snowboarder, but I'm not sure I'm ready for snowshoes...
    Make it a competition by going AT and trying to keep up. Genuinely try and when she wins it’s a win

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)