Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    Oh there won't be any teaching. Just being open to the idea is good enough for me. Chad the ski instructor can handle the lessons.
    I’m a Chad. Any pics of the snowshoer? Usually I can tell if there is any chance from a few tasteful art pics of the subject. You are welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    They stay out of the classic track. This is the one free groomed trail in the valley (basically our season passes pay for it), it’s only a 9K flat figure 8 so I see a lot of this. We do it with our dogs, (that we pick up after). I was really posting this because this is what I see when I see people with snow shoes, they’re not athletes, they just want to get out and do something for an hour.
    Around here they call that kosher on some trails. They are groomed for “mixed use”. Usually dog crap is picked up and they stay out of the classic track. If I’m gonna put on snow shoes, I prefer off piste or snow shoe track. Way easier to walk than on a flat groomer. I’ve been a handful of times with my wife either when there is not enough snow for the resort to open lift and on a few shitty icy days that were way more fun tromping around the forest.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Here in Tahoe the snowshoers seek out and destroy ski tracks (skin or XC). I often cross a meadow to access some bc skiing, and I observe a cycle in which XC skiers will put in a ski track after a storm, snowshoers will obliterate it by noon, and so the XC skiers will set another track paralleling the snowshoe track ... which the snowshoers then stomp on within a day.

In places like Bend with a bigger XC ski contingent the two tracks tend to coexist in peace. I assume that’s because XC skiers are plentiful enough that some of them have yelled at errant snowshoers and threatened them with gorp.
    And Bend is no where near the Bay Area continent of wealth that is always in a hurry to get to the snow and fuck it up for others.