Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Oh no you di’int.....

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Right?!? That is some gauntlet throwing down kinda talk right there!
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    <snip> I could care less.
    You sure you *couldn't* care less?

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    What I am getting from this conversation is that, along with XC and DH skis, I should get my daughter a pair of misery slippers, if only to help weed out narcissistic dicks that come knocking.

Thanks TGR!
    I would go with Rottweiler that reacts violently to Axe Body Spray.
    (Is that still a thing?)
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    You sure you *couldn't* care less?

Saw a couple snowshoers from not too far off today. They were carrying the requisite 70 liter packs stuffed to the gills with godknowswhat and several articles of clothing strapped to the outside in case the oversized puffies, shells and balaclavas they were wearing on a calm 25ºF day weren't enough. Then they started stomping up the beautiful skin track I had set earlier, stopping to huff and puff and catch their breath every few steps.

I turned away and started skinning into another zone. I'll bet the upper 9/10ths of the track they started up is unscathed. At least they recreate outside, I guess.

Today’s shoers were walking on the flat skate track:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2003.JPG 
Views:	73 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	312991
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Today’s shoers were walking on the flat skate track:

Name:	IMG_2003.JPG 
Views:	73 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	312991
    Dog shit under the door handles. Hopefully they are not trashing set tracks for classic XC. We get that around here on a free public use area. I don't often use them, however my wife does and after every outing she usually complains about snowshoe damage and dog crap in the tracks.

They stay out of the classic track. This is the one free groomed trail in the valley (basically our season passes pay for it), it’s only a 9K flat figure 8 so I see a lot of this. We do it with our dogs, (that we pick up after). I was really posting this because this is what I see when I see people with snow shoes, they’re not athletes, they just want to get out and do something for an hour.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    They stay out of the classic track. This is the one free groomed trail in the valley (basically our season passes pay for it), it’s only a 9K flat figure 8 so I see a lot of this. We do it with our dogs, (that we pick up after). I was really posting this because this is what I see when I see people with snow shoes, they’re not athletes, they just want to get out and do something for an hour.
    They'd be better off with yaxtrax and poles if they don't want to XC, which is dumb because your trail sounds perfect if you want to go get an hour on XC skis for fun and or aerobic..

Here in Tahoe the snowshoers seek out and destroy ski tracks (skin or XC). I often cross a meadow to access some bc skiing, and I observe a cycle in which XC skiers will put in a ski track after a storm, snowshoers will obliterate it by noon, and so the XC skiers will set another track paralleling the snowshoe track ... which the snowshoers then stomp on within a day.

In places like Bend with a bigger XC ski contingent the two tracks tend to coexist in peace. I assume that’s because XC skiers are plentiful enough that some of them have yelled at errant snowshoers and threatened them with gorp.

Even at my good friends XC ski area where they tell people not to shoe in the ski tracks they do.

I have even witnessed people taking off the snow shoes to walk in the ski trail.

Its as if they were sent here from hell to ruin it for others.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Here in Tahoe the snowshoers seek out and destroy ski tracks (skin or XC). I often cross a meadow to access some bc skiing, and I observe a cycle in which XC skiers will put in a ski track after a storm, snowshoers will obliterate it by noon, and so the XC skiers will set another track paralleling the snowshoe track ... which the snowshoers then stomp on within a day.

In places like Bend with a bigger XC ski contingent the two tracks tend to coexist in peace. I assume that’s because XC skiers are plentiful enough that some of them have yelled at errant snowshoers and threatened them with gorp.
    WTF kind of high level assholery is that, purposefully oblutering an XC track???

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    Slappable offense.
    Yes, if by slap, you mean with the pointy end if the ski poles.

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    Slappable offense.
    Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Yes, if by slap, you mean with the pointy end if the ski poles.
    A hot chick shoeshoer per the OP?

I think you mean it's a spankable offence, with an open palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

I think it's funny that we have one thread going about how Americans are fat indoors-dwellers who don't recreate outside and another debating whether one of the easy ways to get outside is acceptable.

I take out the dog for runs through some vacant wooded properties in the neighbourhood. After a couple feet of snow, I wear the denali classics and set a nice trail for all to use. I only ever see one other set of snowshoe tracks out there. There's a fair amount of traffic by other dog walkers, so the paths get beaten down quite nice once set, especially with that recent cold snap. Well, the temps turned and there has been a bit of rain, turning the snow isothermic. Now everyone not wearing snowshoes are punching to ground. They will not be deterred however, and continue for the entire trail. I have to give them credit for their dedication but damn, even on the rotten snow, I still am walking tall with the shoes on. I've set track with snowshoes, and then after a few flurries have enjoyed those same trails with the XC gear. Sooner than later though, some poor shoeless schmuck postholes the trail. <shrug> I just strap back on the shoes and give em a wave. Life is too short to not enjoy an evening's walk with the hound.

Life is too short to not enjoy an evening's walk with the hound.
    Indeed

I take out the dog for runs through some vacant wooded properties in the neighbourhood. After a couple feet of snow, I wear the denali classics and set a nice trail for all to use. I only ever see one other set of snowshoe tracks out there. There's a fair amount of traffic by other dog walkers, so the paths get beaten down quite nice once set, especially with that recent cold snap. Well, the temps turned and there has been a bit of rain, turning the snow isothermic. Now everyone not wearing snowshoes are punching to ground. They will not be deterred however, and continue for the entire trail. I have to give them credit for their dedication but damn, even on the rotten snow, I still am walking tall with the shoes on. I've set track with snowshoes, and then after a few flurries have enjoyed those same trails with the XC gear. Sooner than later though, some poor shoeless schmuck postholes the trail. <shrug> I just strap back on the shoes and give em a wave. Life is too short to not enjoy an evening's walk with the hound.
    Proper use of snowshoes. Setting track not obliterating it. I used to have to do that to get to the compost bin one place we rented. It was better than shoveling.

Guess what pussy-whipped jerk is snowshoeing tomorrow

Facepalm
    watch out for snakes

That was fast
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Already whipped, eh? Told ya she was probably kinky!

Can I date a girl that snowshoes?

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    Pro tip: packing a small thermarest might come in handy...,especially with sunsets like this:

Name:	Image1580604634.695558.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	181.1 KB 
ID:	313463

Sent via iPhone
    Slidewright.com
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

we did the same trip jan 1984 (!) w/o incident. probably pre-gobbler. we did have the bright idea to go careening down powder chimp or whatever run on a big sheet of canvas about 2:00 AM. seemed like a good idea but the climb back up sucked.

I did have an acquaintance a while back get busted by marlinton's finest smokin pot in the in at snowshoe. Had to go to court up there an all. Damn that place is the absolute middle of nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Careful dating chicks from Snowshoe.

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/....php?p=4947831
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    Look - full disclosure to give you hope. When I met my wife she was a serious lightweight backpacker type, from the SE. she was wary of snow, and was into snowshoeing. I sucked it up and went with her, but introduced her to skiing as fast as I could. Took some work for sure, but she has transformed from a warm weather lady to someone who is comfortable on any slope and any chute, the steeper and the tighter the better, who spends about 80 days per year on skis of some type. It’s awesome.

You just have to determine if she snowshoes cause that’s what she wants to do or because she doesn’t know any better. If it’s the second you are good to go.

And I think I only went snow shoeing maybe 2-3 times before I got her to switch.

So keep the faith.