Thread: New Pearl Jam

New Pearl Jam

https://youtu.be/ss6mIGfyvXM

Pleasantly surprised by the Talking Heads/Bowie vibe. Hopefully the new album is less dad rock than the previous few. Looking forward to the Oakland shows.

I put in for the Denver show with Oaktown as a backup. Got snubbed for Denver, but scored for the Sunday Oak show. Good excuse to go home for a visit. My bud there got snubbed so he is pretty stoked now.

Man, I really, really want to like it. But I don't. I've always appreciated PJ's balls in terms of venturing out of their core sound, but sometimes it just sounds forced. My buddy (number 600 or so in the Ten Club) and I have seen a lot of shows together and we will always boo Last Kiss.

That all said, I hated Do the Evolution when it came out but once I saw it live, I instantly enjoyed it. Even "Mind Your Manners" was better live. Hoping that's the case with "Dance."
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

I also really want to like the new single. First listen I wasn't a fan but I hope it grows on me.

And fuck Ticketmaster. Couldn't get a reasonable ticket for Tool and I couldn't get one for either local(ish) PJ shows. Such a clusterfuck.

No doubt I'll buy the new album and will hope for a at least a few good tracks. PJ's last few albums have been hit or miss - certainly some amazing songs but just not the same energy as their stuff before No Code.

Every album seems to have one or two songs that blows me away. And then some other songs.