Get my dad some NTN gear the mans hungry!! (Outlaws, 26.5 tele boots)

“my bellows done broke on my primordial garmonts so i'm going ntn and in a hurry since i'll be departing on my two-month old fart skibattical to points west and northwest in a week. looking for good old fart thinks he's a badass teleman boots used and cheap but good. hep me people! you can ship em to the Ice Coast (Boston) or i'll come get em pretty much anywhere snow falls accompanied by gravity. b excellent to each other.”

WTB 22design outlaws(large)

Also WTB some ntn compatible boots(26.5) 8.5 men’s US foot. Recommendations for boots are good too. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1691.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	975.4 KB 
ID:	311900

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by bowboybb View Post
    WTB 22design outlaws(large)

Also WTB some ntn compatible boots(26.5) 8.5 menÂ’s US foot. Recommendations for boots are good too.
    You sound pretty set on what you're looking for, but I have a pair of very lightly used, but original-generation Scarpa TX Comp shells/unused and uncooked original liners in 26 that, depending on your foot shape, I think might work for you just fine. I have US men's 9-to-9.5ish size feet and wore 26.5 in Garmont regular tele boots, but 26s in Scarpa NTN boots fit like they were lasted custom for my feet. I also have two pairs of first or second generation Rottefella Freeride bindings; both are BNIB. I would let them go for a good price if you were interested. Also, I'm willing to ship any or all, or you could take this opportunity to check out Taos where you could pick them up.

In either case, you might consider going to try on some Scarpa boots, if for no other reason than the potential to expand your search horizons; they changed their lasts when they moved to NTN, so even if that brand didn't work before, they might now.

Good luck!

cheers,
    john (sounds like a fun trip)

I demoed the scarpa comps in a 26.5 and had a little space so those could totally work. I would definitely be interested. Taos is actually my first stop I’d be coming through feb 6-7 so thanks a ton for the shout. They were a little hardcore for me so if some pros pop up I might like em a little better. I need to do some research on the bindings but might also be interested in a pair.

Best,

Gabe(relaying Paul’s(dad) message

On the recommendations for boots front - I had those same Garmonts in 27.0 and found the same or functionally similar fit in Scarpa TX / TX Pro in the 26.5 or 27.0 size (same shell). IDK about the TX Comp fit but I'd guess its the same.

Probably the TX Pro is closest in flex and feel - and the most versatile and common NTN boot as well. Don't take my word for it though - here's Craig Dostie's take: see https://earnyourturns.com/34836/revi...s-tx-pro-2017/

Hey Gabe,

Tell your dad that this is all pretty flexible. We can meet in Taos on Fri Feb 7, and he can take them, along with a pair of my skis, up to the Ski Valley for a test drive; he may want to bring his current liners to do that. If he's happy with them, he can swing by the Bootdoctors to get the new liners heat molded to his feet. Afterwards, if, after a reasonable amount of time, he's not happy with them, he can send them back for a full refund.

Oh, and ts01 is correct, these boots are generally a bit stiffer than the Tx Pro, a boot that would be a closer match in feel to the Garmonts. Ime, any NTN setup will feel a bit stiffer than traditional a tele one. Regardless, I've skied these boots just enough to take the new-boot stiffness out of them. The Pros also come with tech binding toe fittings; the Comps don't, just in case that's a factor.

cheers,
    john
    Last edited by jrredho; 01-23-2020 at 09:04 AM. Reason: To respond ti @ts01's comments.

Grr, post got deleted when editing on phone.

TX comp is better for resort, pro is better for touring.

I have some lightly used Outlaw Xs that may be available if interested mag buys skis flat.

Quote Originally Posted by ts01 View Post
    On the recommendations for boots front - I had those same Garmonts in 27.0 and found the same or functionally similar fit in Scarpa TX / TX Pro in the 26.5 or 27.0 size (same shell). IDK about the TX Comp fit but I'd guess its the same.

Probably the TX Pro is closest in flex and feel - and the most versatile and common NTN boot as well. Don't take my word for it though - here's Craig Dostie's take: see https://earnyourturns.com/34836/revi...s-tx-pro-2017/
    Radness I’ll pass it on. If anyone has a 26.5 pro that’d be perfect

Quote Originally Posted by jrredho View Post
    Hey Gabe,

Tell your dad that this is all pretty flexible. We can meet in Taos on Fri Feb 7, and he can take them, along with a pair of my skis, up to the Ski Valley for a test drive; he may want to bring his current liners to do that. If he's happy with them, he can swing by the Bootdoctors to get the new liners heat molded to his feet. Afterwards, if, after a reasonable amount of time, he's not happy with them, he can send them back for a full refund.

Oh, and ts01 is correct, these boots are generally a bit stiffer than the Tx Pro, a boot that would be a closer match in feel to the Garmonts. Ime, any NTN setup will feel a bit stiffer than traditional a tele one. Regardless, I've skied these boots just enough to take the new-boot stiffness out of them. The Pros also come with tech binding toe fittings; the Comps don't, just in case that's a factor.

cheers,
    john
    My thought is with a stiffer overall setup you want a stiffer boot so the comps would make the most sense to me but we’ll see what my dad thinks. Awesome thought you’re the man

Bump still looking for outlaws

Buddy of mine has 182cm Liberty Origin 96 w/ Outlaws for sale, search Facebook marketplace. Or call Allspeed and ask for Chris

$499 located in Portland, ME

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Buddy of mine has 182cm Liberty Origin 96 w/ Outlaws for sale, search Facebook marketplace. Or call Allspeed and ask for Chris

$499 located in Portland, ME
    Would be good but not looking for new skis. Thanks for the shout!