Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaSnow View Post
    Remember the actual STA only increases with hardtails. I’m waiting on a Pole Taival preorder placed before COVID. Don’t know if I’ll ever see it but man I’d love to have that thing right now.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I ordered my frame last November, but due to QC issues had to change the color from Polar Blue to Black. Still, it took like 2 months for delivery. If you ordered size Large or XL be prepared that most of the bike racks will be too short for huge WB. 1UP will work for sure.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

1up FTW. Just need the bike now...

Been on a Norco Torrent 7.1 for a few years and really like it just about everywhere. Went to 2.6 in the rear and it smoothed out the bouncy feeling that the 2.8 tires had. Just ordered a RSD middlechild frame to build up. Trying to not get too excited since it looks like the ship date is in September.

Dang, got an email from Canfield today, bike is delayed at least another month. At least the bike exists at this point but apparently they're having trouble getting freight to the states. Now they're saying they should have the bikes at their warehouse ready for shipping to customers at the end of June. I understand but Man, bummer. Oh well, more time to pimp out the build until then I guess, ha.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

I have this thread to thank: I Just picked up a new-to-me chromag Primer. Took it out tonight for a quick lap on local trails and man, super fun! The geometry felt comfortable and the bike felt more nimble than I was expecting. Climbed like a goat and was a blast on descents.

Got a quick ride on my Stylus, still need to adjust a couple of things but I really like it so far and think I’m gonna he riding this a lot. Still waiting on my bling Chromag pedals ( in GOLD) hence the shitty pedals on it now. Will post less boring pics soon...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

To anyone looking for aggressive hardtail, selling my just built RSD Middle Child XL.
    Price is negotiable for mags. Will also sell as frame only or can sell partial build.
    In other words I'm flexible AF.
    https://m.pinkbike.com/buysell/2802105/

Quote Originally Posted by Robik View Post
    To anyone looking for aggressive hardtail, selling my just built RSD Middle Child XL.
    Price is negotiable for mags. Will also sell as frame only or can sell partial build.
    In other words I'm flexible AF.
    https://m.pinkbike.com/buysell/2802105/

Didn't like it? Curious to hear your thoughts since I put a refundable deposit down on a frame.

Honestly, I love it but have other priorities for the next few months. Working with insurance company regarding my stolen gear takes longer than I expected, stimulus check got delayed and bills keep building up... It sucks to sell it as I was very excited about this bike

New FS bike was put on hold by budget constraints, so I filled the void with a cheap hardtail. NS Eccentric with parts from my tired old Megatrail, which is currently on sabbatical.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1094.JPG 
Views:	173 
Size:	270.2 KB 
ID:	333847

Name:	IMG_1093.JPG 
Views:	166 
Size:	255.9 KB 
ID:	333848
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

"Progressive" hardtails - yay or nay?

Finally got my new Nimble Nine and got it built up, dentist level. She’s a looker if I don’t say so myself. Rides real well too!

Name:	IMG_0716.JPG 
Views:	153 
Size:	457.7 KB 
ID:	334893

Name:	IMG_0717.JPG 
Views:	163 
Size:	473.0 KB 
ID:	334894

Name:	IMG_0719.JPG 
Views:	148 
Size:	579.9 KB 
ID:	334895

Name:	IMG_0720.JPG 
Views:	143 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	334896

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    Finally got my new Nimble Nine and got it built up, dentist level. She’s a looker if I don’t say so myself. Rides real well too!

My father in law has a bass boat with the same paint job.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMomJustCalled View Post
    [/rimshot]

Quote Originally Posted by YourMomJustCalled View Post
    Had a Yeti Schwinn Homegrown Factory Team in the bass boat green and gold back in the day too. Still my favorite paint job on a bike.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    New FS bike was put on hold by budget constraints, so I filled the void with a cheap hardtail. NS Eccentric with parts from my tired old Megatrail, which is currently on sabbatical.

Name:	IMG_1094.JPG 
Views:	173 
Size:	270.2 KB 
ID:	333847

Name:	IMG_1093.JPG 
Views:	166 
Size:	255.9 KB 
ID:	333848
    Nice. That 4130 frame really 5.7 lbs as their site says for a Medium?

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado

It’s a beaut, Clark.

This bike is definitely on my short list for when I retire my trans am.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Nice. That 4130 frame really 5.7 lbs as their site says for a Medium?
    Thanks, and sorry, no idea on frame weight. It feels light!

That’s all that matters

Quote Originally Posted by ZomblibulaX View Post
    It’s a beaut, Clark.

This bike is definitely on my short list for when I retire my trans am.
    Thanks! Rides real nice! It's not as progressive as some, I'd go so far as to say middle of the road geo anymore; 66* HTA, 77* STA, 450 reach in med. Feels short seated with that STA, which makes it comfy. The reach is only 5mm shorter than my Firebird but the wheelbase is like 33mm shorter due to short stays (420mm with a 2.5 Minion WT) and steeper HTA. Overall perfect for my application, with the Firebird in the quiver, this is my "XC bike". Still pretty capable still but lives up to it's Nimble name.

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Thanks! Rides real nice! It's not as progressive as some, I'd go so far as to say middle of the road geo anymore; 66* HTA, 77* STA, 450 reach in med. Feels short seated with that STA, which makes it comfy. The reach is only 5mm shorter than my Firebird but the wheelbase is like 33mm shorter due to short stays (420mm with a 2.5 Minion WT) and steeper HTA. Overall perfect for my application, with the Firebird in the quiver, this is my "XC bike". Still pretty capable still but lives up to it's Nimble name.
    Not as progressive as some is where I’m at with a HT. For me, if it’s slacker or longer travel, I find I start blowing up wheels due to overconfidence. The 67*/140mm on my transam keeps me honest, and slows me down enough that I’m not going to kill myself. But the numbers on the nimble 9, along with a slightly larger wheel, have me wishing I wasn’t broke as.

This thing finally showed up (covid really fucked up my preorder delivery dates).

Feels good to be back on a hardtail. Makes the same old trails interesting again.

"Progressive" hardtails - yay or nay?

Glad to see everyone getting out on their fun hardtails! Sorry for the guy who couldn’t keep his RSD.

I’ve been riding my Guerrilla Gravity Pedalhead at least once a week this summer ... but mostly on concrete, asphalt and gravel - when on singletrack extremely mellow and smooth green flow or XC trails. Not exactly making use of the “progressive” geometry and pretty dang compliant rear end!

It’s because the cockpit changes I had to put in to accommodate this thing below - 20mm of steer tube spacers, 80mm 5 degree rise stem, 740 mm bars with 35mm rise - make the bike handle like a pig, so I never want to ride it on actual trails!

But hey, not everything is about me. My 18 month old daughter really enjoys the riding and the time spent together! We can now do almost 2 hour rides before she gets wiped out from keeping her head upright on rollers, chunder etc.

Once she’s old enough for the shotgun/macridemore then I can go back to my old cockpit: 35mm stem slammed to the headset upper, 780mm low rise bars. Every so often I do the cockpit swap for a short ride and it’s soooooo much fun. This bike rips. I made it practical with a 120/150 dual position Pike, I think I’m probably at around 65 degrees at 150mm and 66.5 degrees at 120mm. 29 x 2.6 up front and 2.4 in back, will probably go up to 2.6 in back once I’m ready to dump this tire. Mostly riding at 120mm with my daughter except on flow trails or chatter. Reach is 455mm in a medium and 419mm chainstay length.

RideGG!

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Awesome pics! Great you two are able to get out like that. 2nd pic screams "ok, enough pictures, where are my goldfish?"

Nice, toast!

Just put this back together for a friend to ride. I’m pretty sure the speed upgrade (aka, new sticker pack) was courtesy of ZomblibulaX forever ago. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1339.JPG 
Views:	122 
Size:	221.2 KB 
ID:	335480

I have a custom build Commencal Meta AM HT size medium for sale if anyone is looking...

https://m.pinkbike.com/buysell/2844516/