Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10
    Thought I'd posted my Waltly Ti SS in this thread, but it seems not, so here it is. When my Gen 1 Canfield N9 cracked, I contacted Waltly, gave them them the geometry I wanted reproduced, did a bit of back & forth on cable routing & gussets, then a couple months later I had a "custom" Ti frame for $900 shipped. Transferred everything over from the N9 (including the headbadge) and it was exactly 1 lb lighter complete. With the old skool 27.2 Moots layback post, Ti rails on the Gobi saddle, and a 15* x 800mm Oddity Cycles bar, it's a pretty comfy ride, and rips just like the Canfield. My alum. GG Smash gets more use, but the SS is my favorite.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	N9 gen2.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	2.30 MB 
ID:	335667

Quote Originally Posted by NuMexJoe View Post
    Thought I'd posted my Waltly Ti SS in this thread, but it seems not, so here it is. When my Gen 1 Canfield N9 cracked, I contacted Waltly, gave them them the geometry I wanted reproduced, did a bit of back & forth on cable routing & gussets, then a couple months later I had a "custom" Ti frame for $900 shipped. it's a pretty comfy ride, and rips just like the Canfield. My fully gets more use, but the SS is my favorite.
    I did the same thing back in 2013 RE: custom Ti frame with N9 geo and it being my favorite rig to ride. Dang, Waltly - $900 is a bit less than half of what I paid. If I was in the market, I'd be contacting Waltly with Canfield 1st GenGeo.
    Squeezin' a little more every other day

The reach on my 5 year old Chromag Surface now feels crazy short after riding my new Hightower all season. Fuck. Now I need a size large 29er hardtail frame with a 490 mm-ish reach.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    The reach on my 5 year old Chromag Surface now feels crazy short after riding my new Hightower all season. Fuck. Now I need a size large 29er hardtail frame with a 490 mm-ish reach.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Kona says hi.

https://www.konaworld.com/honzo_esd.cfm

Every time I think I need full suspension, I sell my aggro hardtail in favor of full squish. And then I start missing that solid feeling in the rear. Kona Honzo AL L -> Specialized Stumpjumper Comp L -> Pole Taival L -> Specialized Stumpjumper Evo 29 S3 -> RSD Middle Child XL -> 2019 Norco Sight C9 XL -> now I'm building '20 Cotic Bfemax XL. Will pair it with Manitou Mezzer Pro set at 160mm, 29 wheelset, Magura MT7 brakes...

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Robik View Post
    now I'm building '20 Cotic Bfemax XL. Will pair it with Manitou Mezzer Pro set at 160mm, 29 wheelset, Magura MT7 brakes...

Interesting. What made you chose that one? I assumed if I built a hardtail I'd run a 130-140 fork and short chainstay. But I have really looked into it because I'm a year or more out. That one seems pretty dialed for descents. Raked out, big shock, and longer wheelbase.

When I had my RSD Middle Child with Cane Creek Helm, I dropped the travel to 140 and haven't found any benefits from steeper angles or shorter travel fork on ascends but was missing extra 20mm of travel on fast rough descends

Just order a Nimble 9 to replace my 2012 Kona Honzo. Really wanted a new 2021 Honzo, but wouldnt get one for months.

I hoping I got the right size. My trance(perfect fit except for slack seat angle) is 468mm reach, My Honzo which is too short is 420mm(old Size M), I got the size M Nimble 9 which is a 450mm reach. Do to pinkbike classifieds I think I may keep my entire cost of the build to sub $2k. Well unless I spring for some I9 Hydra SS hubs.

Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    That almost fits the bill but a 63 deg. HTA is a bit slack.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    Just order a Nimble 9 to replace my 2012 Kona Honzo. Really wanted a new 2021 Honzo, but wouldnt get one for months.

I hoping I got the right size. My trance(perfect fit except for slack seat angle) is 468mm reach, My Honzo which is too short is 420mm(old Size M), I got the size M Nimble 9 which is a 450mm reach. Do to pinkbike classifieds I think I may keep my entire cost of the build to sub $2k. Well unless I spring for some I9 Hydra SS hubs.
    Frames should start showing up in October

Unsagged though. It'll be 65ish once the fork sags in.

The regular (not ESD) Honzos are slacker for next year, but not that slack.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.