Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 237
  1. #101
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    slc
    Posts
    12,186
    Yeah, not a direct comparison but it tells you they put thought into making them ride similarly. Ragley's website also talks about how the frame design of the new ones differs for just that reason.

    They're not in stock yet so I haven't bought one. If prices were the same it would be a harder decision.

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,927
    +1 for steel. +10000 for Stanton bikes out of U.K. when you exclude VAT, prices are reasonable. They have a bunch of different frames, and all in steel or Ti. They will even customize geo if you so choose, colors galore. Just an awesome, responsive group of committed riders. I bought a Sherpa, threw on a 130 fork and some 3.0 tires and it’s become a true trail bike for me, it’s versatility allowed me to get a really big over the top FS bike. I’ve ridden it on everything from rolling XC rides to a day in the bike park. The steel is pingy and bouncy and fun as heck. Truly sorry for being a HT hater for so long.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	045094F6-7D7A-4DC5-8CE0-54717822EF17.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	318922

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A8BF9807-3EF5-40BB-9CFE-9BF273A0BF7A.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	318923
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

    fuck that noise.

    gmen.

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,927
    ugh why you rotate like that.
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

    fuck that noise.

    gmen.

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    110
    Was going to mention Stanton as well. There had been a few options on pink bike a month or two ago when I was looking but havenít checked recently.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    slc
    Posts
    12,186
    Mmmbop project complete. 27 lbs. First bike I've ever built up from a completely virgin brand new frame.

    Pike RC Debonair 160 mm
    GX 11sp
    Bargain bin RF Turbine cranks w/ RocRide 32t
    Hayes Dominion A4(F)/A2(R)
    RF SixC bars
    E13 TRS 30 rims on DT350 hubs (can also run my other fancy wheels)
    BrandX 150 mm dropper ($94!)
    Protaper pedals
    Protaper Meathammer grips

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200402_172544.jpeg 
Views:	136 
Size:	261.7 KB 
ID:	323387Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200402_172638.jpeg 
Views:	269 
Size:	283.9 KB 
ID:	323388Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200402_172719.jpeg 
Views:	208 
Size:	277.1 KB 
ID:	323389Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200402_172736.jpeg 
Views:	137 
Size:	284.3 KB 
ID:	323390
    Last edited by Dantheman; 04-06-2020 at 11:10 AM.

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Can/USA
    Posts
    1,012
    Any run these bikes in the winter to replace a fatbike? Debating doing that. I know you will give up some float but hopefully gain a lot of agility.

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    BC to CO
    Posts
    2,383
    I'm team Chromag too! Supporting the local Whistler company. I built this one up with mostly spare parts. It now lives in Killington VT where I do go for contract work 1 week each month May-October.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7854.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	323463  

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Can/USA
    Posts
    1,012
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    I'm team Chromag too! Supporting the local Whistler company. I built this one up with mostly spare parts. It now lives in Killington VT where I do go for contract work 1 week each month May-October.
    damn that’s a sweet colour!

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Granite, UT
    Posts
    808
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Mmmbop project complete. 27 lbs. First bike I've ever built up from a completely virgin brand new frame.

    Pike RC Debonair 160 mm
    GX 11sp
    Bargain bin RF Turbine cranks w/ RocRide 32t
    Hayes Dominion A4(F)/A2(R)*
    RF SixC bars
    E13 TRS 30 rims on DT350 hubs (can also run my other fancy wheels)
    BrandX 150 mm dropper ($94!)
    Protaper pedals*
    Protaper Meathammer grips*

    * - #fringebenefits

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200402_172544.jpeg 
Views:	136 
Size:	261.7 KB 
ID:	323387Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200402_172638.jpeg 
Views:	269 
Size:	283.9 KB 
ID:	323388Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200402_172719.jpeg 
Views:	208 
Size:	277.1 KB 
ID:	323389Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200402_172736.jpeg 
Views:	137 
Size:	284.3 KB 
ID:	323390
    Do they make a men's version?

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    slc
    Posts
    12,186
    Quote Originally Posted by YourMomJustCalled View Post
    Do they make a men's version?
    The only other color option is a nearly-black "dark gray" that's certainly more "manly" but I found uninspiring. The purple is dead sexy IRL. Plus, the wife wants to ride this bike, too.

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,388
    Damn this thread! I really dont need to spend money right now but DTMs pic are really making me want to build a hardtail.

    DTM- mind me asking a ballpark $ on your build?

  12. #112
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hell Track
    Posts
    9,607
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    The only other color option is a nearly-black "dark gray" that's certainly more "manly" but I found uninspiring. The purple is dead sexy IRL. Plus, the wife wants to ride this bike, too.
    I still love my old purple yelli. Real men rip the shit out of purple bikes.

  13. #113
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    slc
    Posts
    12,186
    Quote Originally Posted by lifelinksplit View Post
    Damn this thread! I really dont need to spend money right now but DTMs pic are really making me want to build a hardtail.

    DTM- mind me asking a ballpark $ on your build?
    Most of mine was parts bin stuff so it cost me a lot less than it should have.

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Can/USA
    Posts
    1,012
    Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    I still love my old purple yelli. Real men rip the shit out of purple bikes.
    My main rig is black and neon pink so I agree.

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandbox View Post
    My main rig is black and neon pink so I agree.
    do they have boys or men version?

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Bearsden, UK
    Posts
    1,237
    DTM that thing looks fun as hell

    Sent from my COL-L29 using TGR Forums mobile app

  17. #117
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,628
    First. That rig is FKNA. Second. If anyone wants to if they are deserving of the menís version stand at the top of a cliff with DTM and then decide.

    Not to be his puffer, but it is worth pointing out. JONGs gonna JONG.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18. #118
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Granite, UT
    Posts
    808
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnwriter View Post
    First. That rig is FKNA. Second. If anyone wants to if they are deserving of the menís version stand at the top of a cliff with DTM and then decide.

    Not to be his puffer, but it is worth pointing out. JONGs gonna JONG.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hey puffer, calm your tits. I'm allowed to flip him shit, we've ridden together for almost the last 10 years.

  19. #119
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Can/USA
    Posts
    1,012
    Thoughts on the chromag stylus? Looking at a frame later today... you bastards are bad influences on my finances! With my parts bin I can probably build it up about 75% without buying anything.

  20. #120
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Can/USA
    Posts
    1,012
    Well no one helped me but i ended up buying a Chromag Stylus frame! 2018 model in battleship grey, it’s pretty sweet! I need to grab some parts still, mainly a wheel set and a crank but i think i should have most other parts. With the Covid it may slow my access to parts but i do have some more spare time so should be up and running in a couple of weeks!

  21. #121
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Access to Granlibakken
    Posts
    7,884
    PSA...these nice frames from Portugal are on sale: https://nordestcycles.com/en/product/britango-tr-frame

    329 euros.

  22. #122
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Fish
    Posts
    3,272
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4153.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	324737

    2020 Fuse
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4153.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	324738  
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

    Formerly Rludes025

  23. #123
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Can/USA
    Posts
    1,012
    Nice looking bike! Is that a recon rear tire? Debating that for my build, what size is it?

  24. #124
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Fish
    Posts
    3,272
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandbox View Post
    Nice looking bike! Is that a recon rear tire? Debating that for my build, what size is it?
    yep 2.40WT
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

    Formerly Rludes025

  25. #125
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Can/USA
    Posts
    1,012
    I’m slowly amassing parts for my Chromag Stylus. Pike is in the shop for a rebuild, bought a brand new set of turbine cranks on Pinkbike, just grabbed an older set of DT Swiss wheels, a little more narrow then I wanted but can fit 2.5 easy and came with 350 hubs.

    still need a BB, a front rotor and a couple of other things but it’s coming along well!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •