View Poll Results: What days can you make happen?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Feb 1st (Sat)

3 37.50%
  • Feb 2 (Sun)

2 25.00%
  • Feb 15 (Sat, Pres Day w/e)

5 62.50%
  • Feb 16 (Sun, Pres Day w/e)

4 50.00%
  • March 1 (Sun)

4 50.00%
  • March 7 (Sat)

3 37.50%
  • March 8 (Sun)

4 50.00%
  • March 28 (Sat, end of spring break for parents)

3 37.50%
  • March 29 (Sun, end of spring break for parents)

4 50.00%
  • April 4 (Sat)

2 25.00%
  • April 5 (Sun)

2 25.00%
  • Other?

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    2/15 is one of few weekend days I’m in Boulder. Should work for me.

who has a portable grill?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Unless it’s attached to the ground, any grill can be portable

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    Unless it’s attached to the ground, any grill can be portable

well, sure, couches are portable too by that definition but I don't expect anyone to show up with a couch.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    well, sure, couches are portable too by that definition but I don't expect anyone to show up with a couch.
    And now I’m trying to figure out how to bring a couch.

who has a portable grill?
    tailgate propane grill has perm spot in back of truck, plan on brats, chips, etc.... simple shit.

working on a couch, im more of a love seat type of guy though.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    im more of a love seat type of guy though.
    Now I’m working even harder on the couch.
    Last edited by beece; 02-10-2020 at 01:49 PM. Reason: made the quote work ...

This coming Saturday, y'all. I'm expecting a couch.

For those who don't go to Eldora on weekends often, you need to get there early or take the bus or shuttle options, or come midday.

I'm available to carpool, can drive.

I didn't vote because I'm ambivalent about a date, not 100% gonna show, and mostly lurk here anyways. I do not have a couch or a grill. It'd be cool to meet some of y'all, I've skied with @Wildman a day or two (most recently on this day) but have no other faces to go with names.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Full Trucker View Post
    I didn't vote because I'm ambivalent about a date, not 100% gonna show, and mostly lurk here anyways. I do not have a couch or a grill. It'd be cool to meet some of y'all, I've skied with @Wildman a day or two (most recently on this day) but have no other faces to go with names.
    uh, we met on a hut trip a few years back. But you got pretty drunk so not remembering my forgettable face is excused. In any case, the date is this coming Saturday.

uh, we met on a hut trip a few years back. But you got pretty drunk so not remembering my forgettable face is excused. In any case, the date is this coming Saturday.
    Gah! I’ve been discovered! I’ll check this thread or ping you if I can make it. And if I can make it work, I'll try and drag along a buddy who I don't believe you don't know, but is going on your Eiseman trip.
    Last edited by Full Trucker; 02-10-2020 at 07:35 PM.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

Planning on heading up to take a break from I70. What time do i need to get to the parking lot to ensure I don't get sent home on the holiday weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by rudy View Post
    Planning on heading up to take a break from I70. What time do i need to get to the parking lot to ensure I don't get sent home on the holiday weekend?
    You should probably leave now.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy View Post
    I'm guessing 9? Maybe hawk or Jong laffitte has a better idea, because I'm usually there before 8am with my kiddo. Won't have my kiddo with me on Saturday, but will still probably get up there early.

Again, happy to carpool with anyone, the justice center is a good meet spot.

You pretty much have to be past the high school way before 8 on a Saturday or wait until afternoon. Best bet is to catch the free bus from the Boulder courthouse. Last week they had give refunds because so many people couldn't get the kids into the parking lot in time for ski school. Watch their Twitter feed....

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

yep, early. sucks but i make bfast in the lot or lodge sammy is good if you dont like the $10 bill in your wallet.

spin at 8:30

im coal creek commuter, can meet 72/93 if any carpoolers. 3+ gets you up front early

Should probably set a meeting time or two, no? Like, say, 9am and noon at alpenglow? (Or other times/locations)?

I know how to connect with many folks who might be there, but definitely not all (other than in this thread).

Eldora 2020 mini-summit thread: Feb 15th

Should probably set a meeting time or two, no? Like, say, 9am and noon at alpenglow? (Or other times/locations)?

I know how to connect with many folks who might be there, but definitely not all (other than in this thread).
    I like 9am at Alpenglow. I would have said top of Corona but at least there is some cell service (not much) at Alpenglow.

Then noon at Alpenglow works, but that's on our way to brats for lunch. Hawk, you bringing your grill? If so I'll bring some brats.

I'll PM a few of you my cell. Yellow pants, blue jacket and helmet.
    Last edited by beece; 02-11-2020 at 08:51 PM.

PH and Hawk I think pretty much got it re arrival time. (Id add that 8am at the HS is pretty darn safe but I like to be there pretty early if for no other reason than to not be stuck in the ski road stop and go.) If you’re later, maybe grab a shuttle I’ve taken the 9:10 several times and it’s been money:

https://www.eldora.com/plan-your-tri...transportation

If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Last weekend they started turning cars around at the high school at 8:10, it looks like. I’m in for Saturday and can drive or ride from Boulder. Before 9am at Alpenglow, maybe 6:45am at the Justice Center on Canyon?
    Last edited by ski-wpk; 02-12-2020 at 09:46 AM.

Better get used to carpooling now: Boulder County Commissioners, as part of the package to allow Eldora to increase parking, will make them collect $10 from each solo driver on weekends, holidays, and days when there is 10" of snow or more, and park them in the upper lot.

Approved last night I think. Almost no public showed up at the hearing, I understand.

Eldora skied very nicely today, and I didn't notice any real problems with crowds.

Will be up, small camp stove, cast iron for cooking, couple chairs, etc. Danno and I traded pm's, going to try for lower lot but not up front, stay out of traffic. Going for area along the trees in the lot. Anyone running solo and wants to meet up at the school lot to commute up the hill, pm me.

skiing kastle bmx 108, white/green hollow tip.

edit: not sure how late staying, got a concert sat night to hit.

. Might not make it. Wife has a mobility issue. Bad nerve problem down her left leg. She intermittently loses sensation and can’t walk. Just another page in her disability book. : (

Alright I PM'ed with Danno (who I apparently know ha-HA) and I think I'm committed now. Dammit. Brown helmet, purple jacket, bright blue pants, skiing a couple seasons old Black Crows Atris.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    yep, early. sucks but i make bfast in the lot or lodge sammy is good if you dont like the $10 bill in your wallet.

spin at 8:30

im coal creek commuter, can meet 72/93 if any carpoolers. 3+ gets you up front early
    I'm in Golden and might be down to carpool for sure. What time? I'll try and get another dude (N1CK.) to join as well, if that's cool, and we can have 3 of us at least. Feel free to shoot me a PM and we'll sort it out. How early do you think we wanna bug out?

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.