View Poll Results: What days can you make happen?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Feb 1st (Sat)

3 37.50%
  • Feb 2 (Sun)

2 25.00%
  • Feb 15 (Sat, Pres Day w/e)

5 62.50%
  • Feb 16 (Sun, Pres Day w/e)

4 50.00%
  • March 1 (Sun)

4 50.00%
  • March 7 (Sat)

3 37.50%
  • March 8 (Sun)

4 50.00%
  • March 28 (Sat, end of spring break for parents)

3 37.50%
  • March 29 (Sun, end of spring break for parents)

4 50.00%
  • April 4 (Sat)

2 25.00%
  • April 5 (Sun)

2 25.00%
  • Other?

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Elkhound Odin, bummer, hope the wife improves.

so, does Alpenglow at 9am and Noon work?

I have digits for some of you, and will be able to get PMs at some points and locations during the day depending on service, but if anyone wants my number send me a PM.

And if all else fails, look for us in the afternoon somewhere nearish the trees in the non-carpool part of the lower lot. Yell "change for a nickel" and have people look at you weird.

Looks like a typical Eldora forecast, windy, mostly sunny but chance of snow, and did I mention windy?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Windy at Eldora? Wha?

I now need to be back in Boulder by 2pm but I’m in for the morning. Will pass by Justice Center at 7am. If anyone else has similar timing, shoot me a PM. Otherwise see you 9am at (bottom of?) Alpenglow?

I’m in black jacket, blue helmet, blue DPS mounted tele.

Bottom of Alpenglow (fuck meeting people at the top of lifts when avoidable, but especially at Eldora). And for the sake of avoiding any confusion, meet outside of the NW side maze, not on the beginner/nordic center side.

Green jacket, black helmet, dark grey pants, on teles (NTN).
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post

Green jacket, black helmet, dark grey pants, on teles (NTN).
    Quote Originally Posted by ski-wpk View Post

I’m in black jacket, blue helmet, blue DPS mounted tele.
    Pointing out that you are on tele gear at Eldora is kind of like pointing out that you will be the one skiing the blue groomers at Vail: absolutely worthless as a differentiator. You can't throw a $37 powder skirt without hitting a tele skier at Eldora.

I'll be the dude in alpine boots, non-adjustable poles, and without homemade granola. It'll be easy to find me.

Heh.

Point taken.

Scare tactics from Eldora, posted on Facebook tonight:

Happy Thursday night, y’all! The next four days will be busy at Eldora. Consider the circumstances: no school on Friday, followed by a holiday weekend with terrific recent snow, and, very likely, I-70 snarls that will send Summit-bound traffic north to Eldora through Central City. It’s crucial, therefore, to plan accordingly: please CARPOOL with as many as is feasible for you and arrive by 8 (earlier on Sat/Sun) or after 12 for the afternoon shift. BETTER YET, grab the RTD NB bus from Boulder Transit Center. It runs every day, and we’ll be giving away FREE tickets on both Saturday and Sunday. Find the schedule at RTD-Denver.com. We also offer FREE shuttles on Saturday and Sunday from the Boulder County Justice Center at 6th/Canyon (schedule: http://bit.ly/GettingToEldora). Bottom line: always employ the above recommendations on any weekend, no-school day, holiday, or fresh-pow day. Thanks in advance and have a great weekend, however and wherever you decide to recreate.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8h4aj3F...=1hqvtvdxgk3am
    I don't know if it will quite be that bad, but worth being aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    Pointing out that you are on tele gear at Eldora is kind of like pointing out that you will be the one skiing the blue groomers at Vail: absolutely worthless as a differentiator. You can't throw a $37 powder skirt without hitting a tele skier at Eldora.

I'll be the dude in alpine boots, non-adjustable poles, and without homemade granola. It'll be easy to find me.

Heh.
    Good to know. Haven’t skied Eldora in a while. My boots are Scarpa candy canes. Does that help?!

Better get used to carpooling now: Boulder County Commissioners, as part of the package to allow Eldora to increase parking, will make them collect $10 from each solo driver on weekends, holidays, and days when there is 10" of snow or more, and park them in the upper lot.

Approved last night I think. Almost no public showed up at the hearing, I understand.
    https://kdvr.com/news/local/boulder-...dora-ski-area/

That article is inaccurate based on what I've seen, it's $10 per car with just a solo driver on weekends (and pow days).

I'll be there tomorrow. Red jacket, black helmet and sparkling brown eyes.

Question - is this an adult only deal and should I ditch the kid or have him tag along (he will not be slowing anyone down)? Down care either way (but he might).

Quote Originally Posted by rudy View Post
    I'll be there tomorrow. Red jacket, black helmet and sparkling brown eyes.

Question - is this an adult only deal and should I ditch the kid or have him tag along (he will not be slowing anyone down)? Down care either way (but he might).
    I don't care if a kid is in attendance. There may be some weed smoking, but people are smart enough to be discreet. There may be some drinking, but that won't scar the kid. There may be some cussing, but I doubt you fucking care about that.

mini mags encouraged, just be aware of them when around.

edit: speaking of which, if mini mags want something other than a brat, bring some dogs, throw them on grill.

Heh.
    "I'm the bearded guy in flannel, listening to bluegrass and drinking an IPA. I drive a lifted Tundra, ya can't miss me."

But really, more telewankers at Eldora than Loveland? Difficult to believe, if true.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Full Trucker View Post
    But really, more telewankers at Eldora than Loveland? Difficult to believe, if true.
    It's not true, not from what I have seen.

Life getting in the way, I can't commit to going but I'd probably show on my tele sticks of I was! Damn I miss mountain life.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Eldora 2020 mini-summit thread: Feb 15th

Ah bummer. I’m out. Wife is a mess. Can’t really leave her alone this w/e. Been running all over town collecting meds. I feel like a drug mule (w/o the pay or threat of death)

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Missed ya.

Good times.

good meeting and skiing with you kooks, good times indeed

You're the only one with photographic evidence, post it up!

found it, just moving slow this morning, great Oysterhead show last night

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9C0820FA-DE89-4AC7-A3B4-FBA070A9D835.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	690.0 KB 
ID:	316035

Nice! Great meeting y’all. Thanks for the tour of Eldora, the beers, the grilling, and the laughs. Good times, indeed.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    found it, just moving slow this morning, great Oysterhead show last night

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9C0820FA-DE89-4AC7-A3B4-FBA070A9D835.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	690.0 KB 
ID:	316035
    not that anyone could tell, but left to right it's jong laffitte, ski-wpk, Full Trucker, beece, (not so) mini-hawkgt, rudy, danno.

Awesome skiing with all of you. Looking forward to next time.

Sweet! Good times had! Nice skiing with all ya!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Agreed. Now we need to work on the Basin version.