Carv Ski Coaching

Anyone try it? I won't be buying but it looks like cool tech. They should add a shock feature for tailgunners though.

https://getcarv.com/

Sounds cool, but I could probably achieve the same feedback by recording audio of myself saying "get the fuck out of the backseat" every thirty seconds and get the same effect.

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    Sounds cool, but I could probably achieve the same feedback by recording audio of myself saying "get the fuck out of the backseat" every thirty seconds and get the same effect.
    Sign me up for that too!!

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

That’s actually pretty cool tech if it’s done properly.

Doubt it’s worth it for a decent skier, unless you’re the alpine zone type.

I could see buying one for my 12 yo. Back seat tailgunner. Might help him to have a bot whispering in his ear to get forward.
    Same as the cost of one lesson these days.

Pugski website prolly has more info

Edit: https://www.pugski.com/threads/carv.8407/
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.”
    Hunter S. Thompson

Well, if you can't use foot feedback or know your skiing posture instinctively, might be for you. Made for the skier demographic that's clogging roads and over-populating the cafeterias. The fucking Peleton of footbeds is here! Shouldn't it call you out though if you're skiing recklessly or jong-like? Does it know any filthy jokes?

I can't wait till I'm skiing powder and a little voice tells me to really get over on my edges. What a fantastic pile of unnecessary bullshit.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

I can't wait till I'm skiing powder and a little voice tells me to really get over on my edges. What a fantastic pile of unnecessary bullshit.
    I think if you’re the type of person running a ski lesson from your phone on a POW day, this system is probably for you.

Once again, not buying. But if there was a free demo tent on a groomer day, I’d take a couple laps with them. Curious if anyone tried them and if I should I skip a demo if there ever is one and head to the bar?

I guess.
    No longer stuck.

Just an uneducated guess.

It is actually quite amusing watching the 'carve time' increasing as the turn is skidded.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    I think if you’re the type of person running a ski lesson from your phone on a POW day, this system is probably for you.

Once again, not buying. But if there was a free demo tent on a groomer day, I’d take a couple laps with them. Curious if anyone tried them and if I should I skip a demo if there ever is one and head to the bar?
    I didnt try it, but a similar Forward Ski system was being marketed to race teams for the last 10yrs or so.. More or less a pressure sensor in the boot with feedback to an ear piece to encourage staying in the front of the boot. Doesnt really translate to pow skiing imo.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    I didnt try it, but a similar Forward Ski system was being marketed to race teams for the last 10yrs or so.. More or less a pressure sensor in the boot with feedback to an ear piece to encourage staying in the front of the boot. Doesnt really translate to pow skiing imo.
    Not unless you're skiing with Pescados. Too bad I'm lazy and never want to haul them up. You can really drive those guys in pow.