Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 50 of 50
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    West By God Wyoming
    Posts
    463
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    There's a Thai restaurant in Rawlins?
    Its called Anong's and its very yummy.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The Cone of Uncertainty
    Posts
    47,935
    Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Attachment 311567

    Then again, anything would have seemed like an oasis at that point of the drive. Ymmv
    Unfortunately, the Cams seem to no longer be a thng.

    edit: I spoke too soon. I present downtown Laramie. Not sure where Corona Village is but I bet it's somewhere in sight. Click for live view.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Mountain West
    Posts
    4,370
    not food , but possibly related...power cord for macbook blew up after Larimie on 80, no place to buy a replacement till SLC...had a frridge in campler so most meals were at onboard table looking out the window....im workin on a map for this thread...end of thread drift
    Made in Colorado Tech wear:

    www.freeridesystems.com
    20% Maggot Discount Code = 'MAGGOT20'

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Mountain West
    Posts
    4,370
    you guys can screen shot and keep adding....before the big road trip...print this sucker off (or screen shot it) and hit the road....difference between goodle and yelp...this one is maggot approved...bon appetit

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	foodMap.png 
Views:	23 
Size:	792.5 KB 
ID:	311592
    Last edited by MiCol; 01-20-2020 at 01:02 PM.
    Made in Colorado Tech wear:

    www.freeridesystems.com
    20% Maggot Discount Code = 'MAGGOT20'

  5. #30
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,933
    I know they are not strictly on I80, but if you want to discuss culinary establishments in Baggs or Dixon, let me know. I think we already covered LaBarge in another thread.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    4,548
    Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    I know they are not strictly on I80, but if you want to discuss culinary establishments in Baggs or Dixon, let me know. I think we already covered LaBarge in another thread.
    May as well drop them in here... I've been known to wander through Baggs on the way to Jackson.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Colorado Front Range
    Posts
    3,433
    Yeah, maybe a mod can append the title to add "& Roads to Jackson"?
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    4,548
    Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    Yeah, maybe a mod can append the title to add "& Roads to Jackson"?
    Brewery in Pinedale is good food/beer... esp upon return from a 5 day backpack in the Winds.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the shadow of the wasatch
    Posts
    3,213
    Jody's Diner in Evanston is a goto when me an the boy are coming back from the green.

    If we are goin with rts to jackson or climbing in the winds Scroungy Moose Pizza in Kemmerer for damn good pie made in a house from a coal fired oven.
    Bunny Don't Surf

    Have you seen a one armed man around here?

  10. #35
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,933
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    May as well drop them in here... I've been known to wander through Baggs on the way to Jackson.
    Well, I was halfway joking, but here goes.

    The only place to eat in Dixon is The Dixon Club. Its an old time cowboy bar. I think you might be able to get a burger there. Go for the atmosphere, if you happen to be passing through town. I think Im related in one way or another to about half the people in that town. For bonus points, go to the rodeo.

    Baggs has a place called The Cowboy Inn. I think it used to be called something else back in the day. Surprisingly, they get good reviews these days. Id characterize it (at least the old place) as a greasy spoon, but maybe its changed for the better. Butch Cassidy used to hang around Baggs, and had a home near there.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    4,548
    Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    Well, I was halfway joking, but here goes.

    The only place to eat in Dixon is The Dixon Club. Its an old time cowboy bar. I think you might be able to get a burger there. Go for the atmosphere, if you happen to be passing through town. I think Im related in one way or another to about half the people in that town. For bonus points, go to the rodeo.

    Baggs has a place called The Cowboy Inn. I think it used to be called something else back in the day. Surprisingly, they get good reviews these days. Id characterize it (at least the old place) as a greasy spoon, but maybe its changed for the better. Butch Cassidy used to hang around Baggs, and had a home near there.
    Any recommendations for the Irish Canyon area? Been known to come back that way from Jackson.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,933
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Any recommendations for the Irish Canyon area? Been known to come back that way from Jackson.
    Not me, but maybe someone else can chime in.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    4,548
    Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    Not me, but maybe someone else can chime in.
    I'm kidding... 'cause there ain't SHIT around Irish Canyon from what I could tell.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    OOTAH
    Posts
    2,583
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I'm kidding... 'cause there ain't SHIT around Irish Canyon from what I could tell.
    Mitch's Cafe in Farson DUH! Great old school Wyoming cafe. Make sure and get pie.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Mountain West
    Posts
    4,370
    how bout North going to big sky out of jackson...tons of potential stops...too much unknown without beta
    Made in Colorado Tech wear:

    www.freeridesystems.com
    20% Maggot Discount Code = 'MAGGOT20'

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Behind the Potato Curtain
    Posts
    3,412
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Brewery in Pinedale is good food/beer... esp upon return from a 5 day backpack in the Winds.
    +1, and they're cool with camping in their parking lot. Heart and Soul Cafe in Pinedale is pretty solid breakfast and coffee as well.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    22,084
    Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    Well, I was halfway joking, but here goes.

    The only place to eat in Dixon is The Dixon Club. Its an old time cowboy bar. I think you might be able to get a burger there. Go for the atmosphere, if you happen to be passing through town. I think Im related in one way or another to about half the people in that town.
    Would saying "I'm a friend of billyk's" help or hurt us there?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    4,548
    Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    +1, and they're cool with camping in their parking lot. Heart and Soul Cafe in Pinedale is pretty solid breakfast and coffee as well.
    Can 2nd the H&S Cafe recco.

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Behind the Potato Curtain
    Posts
    3,412
    Also! The Gas station in Daniel has killer burritos, German chocolate brownies, and Friday prime rib dinners.

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    4,548
    Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    Also! The Gas station in Daniel has killer burritos, German chocolate brownies, and Friday prime rib dinners.
    This is the sort of solid info that wins the internet.

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Down In A Hole, Up in the Sky
    Posts
    25,950
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Would saying "I'm a friend of billyk's" help or hurt us there?
    Wasn’t Billy Kreutzman a bit of an asshole when he was coked/dosed up?
    StokePimpin' ain't easy

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    The Micky D's in Idaho Springs
    Posts
    1,179
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    The Thai restaurant in Rawlings is probably the best food that you will find in that town.
    I ate many times at that Thai restaurant, Among's Thai, back when I used visit lovely Rawlins. A Trans
    America Bike Trail
    goes through Rawlins. All the hard core cyclists would eat at Amongs. It seemed to be the only"safe space" restaurant in Rawlins. It made for quite a contrast, the skinny bikers, and the less skinny locals.

    There is also the Aspen House, which is just a block or two from Amongs Thai. They serve traditional steaks but also have some decent Asian food. I think the same family owns both restaurants.

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Mountain West
    Posts
    4,370
    still need more going North towards Bozeman and Billings

    updated food map

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	foodMap.png 
Views:	6 
Size:	821.0 KB 
ID:	311781
    Made in Colorado Tech wear:

    www.freeridesystems.com
    20% Maggot Discount Code = 'MAGGOT20'

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    OOTAH
    Posts
    2,583
    The Proud Cut in Cody is what you are looking for.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Mountain West
    Posts
    4,370
    ^ thanks i will put on next map update
    Made in Colorado Tech wear:

    www.freeridesystems.com
    20% Maggot Discount Code = 'MAGGOT20'

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •