Colorado conditions?

My apologies if I have missed threads, but couldn't find any current threads for Summit County or Steamboat.

We are currently on an extended road trip. Had a great week in SLC and hanging out a few more days to milk the conditions. Then heading to Colorado.

Following the Aspen thread so have a feel of what is going on there, but wondering what it's like around Summit, Winter Park and Steamboat right now. Looks like the base is a little thin right now? Just looking for suggestions on how best to budget our time.

If anyone wants to meet up for some turns the apres beers are on us!

Quote Originally Posted by TOLOCOMan View Post
    Looks like the base is a little thin right now?
    There's snow to slide most everywhere. If you're not tied to any passes it depends on what terrain you want to ride and what potential hassle(s) (i.e.crowds or tourists) you are willing to put up with.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Thanks. Just what I was looking for.

As I said, my apologies if there was already a thread. That didn't show up with the search words I used. Didn't think to use butthurt as a search term...

Dood, it's required. Post whatever you want to know in that thread.

And, BTW, I would give conditions 2 thumbs up. I would milk the UT thing for a bit, but I wouldn't be worried about getting skunked like Whistler here.

Quote Originally Posted by CLsurf View Post
    There's snow to slide most everywhere. If you're not tied to any passes it depends on what terrain you want to ride and what potential hassle(s) (i.e.crowds or tourists) you are willing to put up with.
    Good to know. Didn't know how much base was required to cover things.

Generally looking for steeps, chutes and trees. Kind of figure crowds will be difficult to avoid. Especially since we are adding to it with our Ikon passes...

Go kick the shit out of Highlands. You'll have a blast.

Definitely go to Highlands and Snowmass. ABasin as well.

11" Aspen this am, for steeps and chutes you might want CB and T-ride, ps $57 and any ski pass will get you up Monarch a little gem

Monarch is having a fantastic year, I believe I saw them on a top 15 snowfall list recently.
    The place never really gets crowded either.

Just returned from a week at the Boat. Conditions excellent, under reported snow up top. Ridge, Closets and other trees still holding the goods.
    Name:  Boat Ridge.jpg
Views: 429
Size:  105.7 KB

Thanks for the info folks. One more day at Solitude tomorrow, then headed to Colorado. Skiing from Thursday onwards.