Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    21

    $100 189 DPS Spoon 120s

    Swiss cheese 3 mounts: Speed Rad and Plum Yak

    Caveat: One ski has been broken. I've skied these hard since the repair, and honestly don't feel a difference. But I get the risk
    Also tip notches cut for the dyna skins

    Price reflects the above $100+ship
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1196.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	311241
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1195.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	311240
    Last edited by thelongride; 01-17-2020 at 06:21 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Cascades
    Posts
    502
    Broken, like, in two pieces? Or just a little broken?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    721
    Table saw mishap...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    30,564
    Technically I think that ski is still broken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    21
    probably still broken...but 100 bucks

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    3,317
    Quote Originally Posted by lucknau View Post
    Table saw mishap...
    Kinda curious as to the circumstances that lead to your ski coming into contact with a spinning table saw blade..

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    21
    Was a tree. But might as well have been a table saw, same effect

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    721
    Quote Originally Posted by mc_roon View Post
    Kinda curious as to the circumstances that lead to your ski coming into contact with a spinning table saw blade..
    Was the fucking cat, most likely.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    721
    Quote Originally Posted by thelongride View Post
    It was a tree. But might as well have been a table saw, same effect
    Cool looking repair. Did the top buckle on you?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    21
    Top buckled up, that nylon topsheet is a pain to strip off

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Boulder
    Posts
    5,259
    Quote Originally Posted by thelongride View Post
    Top buckled up, that nylon topsheet is a pain to strip off
    Where was the buckle in relation to the holes?
    (And being a touring JONG, those look like the Speed Rad holes, right?).

    I'm trying to see if I can get something that bridges the buckle for a bit of extra strength.

    I don't really need these, but I'm interested in buying to see if I can solve the problem.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Cascades
    Posts
    502
    Quote Originally Posted by XtrPickels View Post
    Where was the buckle in relation to the holes?
    (And being a touring JONG, those look like the Speed Rad holes, right?).

    I'm trying to see if I can get something that bridges the buckle for a bit of extra strength.

    I don't really need these, but I'm interested in buying to see if I can solve the problem.
    Dynalook plates?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    21
    So, the ski broke right in front of the toe piece (the middle of the carbon repair).
    I don't really think bridging it with CAST or something would help much, you'd just be relying on the strength of the screws then.

    They ski well as is, just my word, but they stitched back up quite well

    Looking at them now those last holes are Trab, Plum and Speed Rad holes too

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Boulder
    Posts
    5,259
    Where you located?

    Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Boulder
    Posts
    5,259
    Quote Originally Posted by Toddball View Post
    Dynalook plates?
    I was thinking Sollyfit. Screw holes are further forward.

    Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •