Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Stay in the Tech Center and uber up to The Piper Inn.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

The "hostel" down by Coors Field is actually the bomb.

Great bar in it, awesome bar below it. Great room for a couple of guys.

Walk, scooter, uber to anywhere.

If I'm in D-town, that's where I'm at.

For serious.

It's called Fish.

https://soundcloud.com/fortknoxfive/...s-finest-remix

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    Stay in the Tech Center and uber up to The Piper Inn.
    Ha, haven’t thought of this place for 15 years...was our haunt for beer and wings after men’s league hockey

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by dtown View Post
    Ha, haven’t thought of this place for 15 years...was our haunt for beer and wings after men’s league hockey

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Its my pop up office when Im in Denver.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Arriving late in the evening into DEN midweek with the fam and leaving early the next morning to Eagle Co. Better to just roll into something easy and hit the sack around the airport or suck it up and drive across town to West 6th/I-70 area to avoid going through morning rush hour and get into whatever I70things has in store?

Marriott stuff preferred but it all seems to be about the same and I haven't stayed in Denver on an outbound leg since I think high school. TIA.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Arriving late in the evening into DEN midweek with the fam and leaving early the next morning to Eagle Co. Better to just roll into something easy and hit the sack around the airport or suck it up and drive across town to West 6th/I-70 area to avoid going through morning rush hour and get into whatever I70things has in store?

Marriott stuff preferred but it all seems to be about the same and I haven't stayed in Denver on an outbound leg since I think high school. TIA.
    Is there any reason whatsoever besides sleep that you can't make the journey westward until the morning, because you would be so much better off if you could. Perfect traffic timing too.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Is there any reason whatsoever besides sleep that you can't make the journey westward until the morning, because you would be so much better off if you could. Perfect traffic timing too.
    If it were just me I would. My fellow passengers (and I) will have been up since 6am edt with a full day of work/school and will need some rest, even if only for 6-7 hours. I'll sleep on the plane.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post

I'd drive across town. You already have to get in your car to get to most places near the airport; the difference is 20min down the road saving you time in the morning. Especially if you sleep in.

If you're just sleeping and rolling again, just go towards the west side and stay there. Order a couple Bonefire burritos in Golden in the AM and make the drive. Or if you're more into the grunge ski trip vibe, stop at the squatch store for burritos right of 70 on the Black Hawk exit.

If you expect to get in and want a little walk, beer and food options, stay at the Residence Inn near Olde Town arvada. Can walk to plenty of stuff for an evening. Easy access to 70 in AM.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    I'd drive across town. You already have to get in your car to get to most places near the airport; the difference is 20min down the road saving you time in the morning. Especially if you sleep in.

If you're just sleeping and rolling again, just go towards the west side and stay there. Order a couple Bonefire burritos in Golden in the AM and make the drive. Or if you're more into the grunge ski trip vibe, stop at the squatch store for burritos right of 70 on the Black Hawk exit.

If you expect to get in and want a little walk, beer and food options, stay at the Residence Inn near Olde Town arvada. Can walk to plenty of stuff for an evening. Easy access to 70 in AM.
    Thanks, I think this is my plan. Good point about being in the car 20 minutes already to get to a bed by the airport not inside the Westin. I was shooting for the western limit of where lodging and convenience start to thin for the night and the Golden area looks to fit the bill.

If you are looking to get out of Denver traffic in the morning, the Comfort Suites at the Evergreen exit is only a few minutes past Golden and right off I70

Theres the Marriott in Golden. Comfort suites by the airport is surprisingly nice for the price too. You could also take lightrail into the city for more options.

I would presume several major hotels would have curbside van service running for at least some hours.

To me options would be dependent on how many days you were in Eagle.