Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    13

    Praxis 196cm MAP core $350 cherry top

    128mm waist, 196cm long. Amazing high speed powder sticks that can dive into tight trees if you push them. Enough side cut to make cat track trips and side stepping bearable and not nerve racking.

    These are custom MAP core skis with 1 set of holes for Solomon STH16s at 327mm. I am second owner and have put a few deep days on them but not more than 5.

    Came to me in good shape from a fellow maggot here. Some top sheet marks. A few base scrapes, no core shots and never ground or tuned that I can see.

    Also an edge issue on the tail that does not impact the ski ability nor really seem to be need to be fixed - photo attached.

    Bindings $150 extra. $350 flat no bindings.

    Great ski but it’s a bit much now that I spend all my time teaching my kids to ski and no longer ski the cottonwoods...

    I frequent utah valley and beaver so could meet up to make an exchange. Prefer local and not to ship. Buyer pays shipping if not local.

    Photos here along with contact info. Working to post images here but failing at mobile interface
    https://classifieds.ksl.com/listing/58734093
    Last edited by wapiti hunter; 01-16-2020 at 11:28 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    in the trench
    Posts
    9,834
    You should put "protest" in the title and "veneer". Has protest in the link but should be here too. The veneer topsheets are great too. Price helps as well. Good price. Someone will snap them up

    Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    13
    Thanks. The new tapa talk blows. The TGR mobile app isnít helping either.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    idaho panhandle!
    Posts
    7,684

    Praxis 196cm MAP core

    So based on the ksl ad, $200 for skis only? Holy shit this would round out my protest quiver. Lol

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Bellevue
    Posts
    5,298
    Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    So based on the ksl ad, $200 for skis only? Holy shit this would round out my protest quiver. Lol
    You've got a picture you post often. Something like:

    Do it.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    idaho panhandle!
    Posts
    7,684
    Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    You've got a picture you post often. Something like:

    Do it.
    Yer not helpin....

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Golden, CO
    Posts
    1,905
    I had a pair of Praxis with those Cherry top sheets. Not actual veneer, but they look the part.
    Sweet deal for a big ol pow ski.

    Edit. I read the ksl ad as, skis $350, bindings $150

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    So based on the ksl ad, $200 for skis only? Holy shit this would round out my protest quiver. Lol
    No. +$150 for the sth16s

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    NCW
    Posts
    2,400
    Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    So based on the ksl ad, $200 for skis only? Holy shit this would round out my protest quiver. Lol
    Protest quiver. LOFL

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    idaho panhandle!
    Posts
    7,684

    Praxis 196cm MAP core $350 cherry top

    Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Protest quiver. LOFL

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In a parallel universe
    Posts
    4,720
    Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Yer not helpin....
    What are you waiting for?
    You obviously need these.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    idaho panhandle!
    Posts
    7,684
    Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    What are you waiting for?
    You obviously need these.
    188ís and 192ís, obviously! Heh.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    JAC
    Posts
    940
    ATT: Skibird are you sure your addiction is cured ???

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2,147

    Praxis 196cm MAP core $350 cherry top

    Quote Originally Posted by wstdeep View Post
    ATT: Skibird are you sure your addiction is cured ???
    I donít need these, Iím trying to sell mine and got under cut by $200


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    13
    bump

    sorry about undercutting you, had no idea. Yours are worth more - true veneer and beauties.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Wasatch
    Posts
    5,557
    Stock 3 flex?


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

    So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....


    Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

    8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16

    2018/2019 (24/32)

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2,147
    Quote Originally Posted by wapiti hunter View Post
    bump

    sorry about undercutting you, had no idea. Yours are worth more - true veneer and beauties.
    Itís all good. Yours will go first cause they are stock. People are afraid, and rightly so, of the 4 flex of mine.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    idaho panhandle!
    Posts
    7,684
    Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    Itís all good. Yours will go first cause they are stock. People are afraid, and rightly so, of the 4 flex of mine.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    They shouldnít be. Absolutely love my custom 4 flex 192 Protest. Keith agreed that the shape of the Protest benefits from the stiffer flex as it gets float from just in front of the boot and not necessarily from the tips flexing bringing the ski to the surface like a more traditional ski with giant shovels. Plus they rule in deep soft chop now over my stock 188ís that gave me the tip plow effect i hate so much. My 4 flex do none of that and just scoot right on through.
    They loose nothing else as far as quickness in trees etc but gain in speed in the fall line in fresh snow.
    Just trying to help so others should not be scared of the 4 flex, itís really not that stiff.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2,147
    Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    They shouldnít be. Absolutely love my custom 4 flex 192 Protest. Keith agreed that the shape of the Protest benefits from the stiffer flex as it gets float from just in front of the boot and not necessarily from the tips flexing bringing the ski to the surface like a more traditional ski with giant shovels. Plus they rule in deep soft chop now over my stock 188ís that gave me the tip plow effect i hate so much. My 4 flex do none of that and just scoot right on through.
    They loose nothing else as far as quickness in trees etc but gain in speed in the fall line in fresh snow.
    Just trying to help so others should not be scared of the 4 flex, itís really not that stiff.
    Thanks 2Funky!


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •