Traxion first impression

A first impression of the Traxion- used it twice skinning a closed ski area.

It works well. So far, it goes on and off easily. I still haven't sorted how to put it on with skis on, but it does come off easily enough. I would much rather be able to attach with ski on, but I am pretty inflexible.

I have used both fixed and pivoting ski crampons- Voille and Dynafit. I am also familiar with the BND crampon. Compared to the other pivoting crampons, these go on and off more easily. What I like about this crampon is that is still gets decent grip with lifters up. Good penetration with one low lift, OK penetration with the high lift. If I was ascending something in which a slide was truly consequential, I would probably go with the low lift.
    The black plastic bit on the top hinges with the rounded side up for a rockered boot, flat side up for a DIN boot. I tried it with flat side up with my Spectres, and did not notice a difference. I may consider putting on a shim as I will never use it with a DIN boot. With a shim on it, it could be run flat with no lift or 1 lift, or flipped up for a high lift. Maybe.

I have heard some complaints that it is too complex or that it has moving plastic parts. While this is true, anybody who doesn't want something complex with plastic moving parts probably should stay away from the Vipec anyway.

Name:  10258971_zm.jpeg
Views: 331
Size:  35.7 KB

No clue why some pics go sideways.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KIMG0003.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	800.4 KB 
ID:	310858

Name:	KIMG0005.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	901.2 KB 
ID:	310859

Name:	KIMG0005.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	901.2 KB 
ID:	310859

Name:	KIMG0006.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	943.5 KB 
ID:	310860

Some low angle water ice. And a goofy dog.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KIMG0010.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	863.6 KB 
ID:	310861  
    Last edited by HHTELE; 01-16-2020 at 01:59 PM.