Costco ski vouchers?

Never done the Costco ski voucher thing. Mrs and I headed to Montana to hit up Whitefish in a few weeks. Costco sells a voucher for two adult tix that need to be used within 24 hours of purchase. Any issues with this? Can you just show an e-mail confirmation on your phone at the ticket window? Paper trail confirmation could be a problem. Never know what the hotel will have for that.

Costco sells actual physical tickets. buy the two pack at costco, drive to the ski hill, get in line for the lift, and have the lifty scan your ticket which will activate it for the day. Super easy, pretty economic, and a huge time saver.

Guess I should have mentioned that this is for on-line purchased vouchers. Unless there is a Costco store in Kalispell or Whitefish that is handy?

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Pabst View Post
    Mrs and I headed to Montana to hit up Whitefish in a few weeks. Costco sells a voucher for two adult tix that need to be used within 24 hours of purchase.
    I don't think you're reading this correctly.

I suspect it can only be used starting 24 hours after purchasing.

Correct:

Whitefish Mountain 2 Adult 1 Day Lift Tickets eVoucher, Montana
    Item 1372372
    Your Price125.99$
    eDelivery

Features:
    eVouchers Valid 24 Hours After Purchase
    Discounts On: Lodging, Lessons, Rentals
    Whitefish, Montana
    Delivered via email

Buy it ahead of time, print voucher, bring to ticket window, profit. The comments on costco.com say you must print the voucher and that they will not scan your phone. This seems insane but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Correct:

Whitefish Mountain 2 Adult 1 Day Lift Tickets eVoucher, Montana
    Item 1372372
    Your Price125.99$
    eDelivery

Features:
    eVouchers Valid 24 Hours After Purchase
    Discounts On: Lodging, Lessons, Rentals
    Whitefish, Montana
    Delivered via email
    It does not sound like eDelivery to phone to present at tix window to redeem will fly. Need paper. On line purchase allows you to be a non-member to buy, with a 5% surcharge which is like $6. That is no problem. So I could drive to the Kalispell Costco but you have to be a member to walk through the door. Don't want to pay $60 for that. Reasonably safe to say any hotel we stay at is going to have a printer were a printout can be made.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Buy it ahead of time, print voucher, bring to ticket window, profit. The comments on costco.com say you must print the voucher and that they will not scan your phone. This seems insane but whatever.
    Opps! Sorry. Did not see this last part.

It does not sound like eDelivery to phone to present at tix window to redeem will fly. Need paper. On line purchase allows you to be a non-member to buy, with a 5% surcharge which is like $6. That is no problem. So I could drive to the Kalispell Costco but you have to be a member to walk through the door. Don't want to pay $60 for that. Reasonably safe to say any hotel we stay at is going to have a printer were a printout can be made.
    If you know you're going, get someone here to buy for you and email you the vouchers. You print at home and bring printout with. Easy.

I have a Costco membership and will do it for you if you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

And if you don't use them Costco will take them back (AFAIK).

If you plan to ski 5 or more days, the freequent skier card is a better deal.

https://skiwhitefish.com/frequent-skier-cards/

Yeah but they have to be purchased by 12/24.

D'oh! Nice work reading the fine print. Or just reading the page in general...

Reading comprehension? Huh?

24 hours after sounds good. Will purchase and print them out at home prior to travel day.

Getting pretty excited to head out. Ski itinerary is two days at Whitefish, drive to Fernie for two. Drive back south ski 1/2 at Blacktail. Finish with two at Whitefish.

Thanks for responding,
    Cheers.

Fernie’s a way better hill. One day at Whitefish would be plenty.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tortoise View Post
    And if you don't use them Costco will take them back (AFAIK).
    This worked for me for Killington passes last year, I never used them and they took them back, more than a month after I bought a 3 pack.

There is a Costco in Kalispell if you're heading that way. It's right on 93, isn't it?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Looks like REI is selling discounted tickets too.

https://www.rei.com/product/833400/w...lt-lift-ticket

two days at Whitefish
    pm if you'd like a tour

Gawd, I loves me some Costco!

Reviving this thread for an upcoming trip to Whitefish. Any locals know if Costco has discounted tickets in store or should I just buy them in advance online?

Sorry, but we are fleeing the CO desert to clog up your slopes this Christmas. I appreciate the advice.

I can't speak to the Costco vouchers, but the Whitefish Resort Frequent Skier card might be a good deal for you. Have to buy before Xmas. Pickup anytime. $50 up front, but save approx $30 per adult ticket.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Thanks. That's definitely not a bad option if Costco doesn't have the discounted tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by cspringsposer View Post
    Thanks. That's definitely not a bad option if Costco doesn't have the discounted tickets.
    I'll add that the convenience factor is high on that one. Pick it up the first day. They attach credit card to it. After that, when you start a new day they auto charge you. Also get the season pass discount on food when charged to the pass (10%? off)

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cspringsposer View Post
    I checked at the Helena Costco today which usually carries those Whitefish discount cards, and they did not have any. Might have had them earlier in the fall, that's usually when they carry them. You could try calling Costco in Missoula or Kalispell and asking if they have any, otherwise Plan B as noted above.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    I checked at the Helena Costco today which usually carries those Whitefish discount cards, and they did not have any. Might have had them earlier in the fall, that's usually when they carry them. You could try calling Costco in Missoula or Kalispell and asking if they have any, otherwise Plan B as noted above.
    I really appreciate the info. We are flying into Kalispell so I will give them a call and see if there is any chance they will have them. Otherwise, I will just grab the frequent skier card. Thanks again for the information.