Boot fitter in Michigan?

Can anyone recommend a legit boot fitter in Michigan? I’m in new Cochise 120 and they fit almost perfect except for 2 issues. My ankles are large for past injuries so I get pain on the outside upper part of my ankles and I have a high instep so my feet go numb in 20-30 min from pressure to the dorsal nerve. I understand Michigan is not a boot fitter hot bed so it’s tough finding legit help.

what region in Michigan? There are some experienced boot fitters around.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Campbell View Post
    Can anyone recommend a legit boot fitter in Michigan? I’m in new Cochise 120 and they fit almost perfect except for 2 issues. My ankles are large for past injuries so I get pain on the outside upper part of my ankles and I have a high instep so my feet go numb in 20-30 min from pressure to the dorsal nerve. I understand Michigan is not a boot fitter hot bed so it’s tough finding legit help.
    No help with Michigan bootfitters, but you can probably fix the instep issue yourself with a bench mount beltsander. Take the bootboard out (the white styrofoam thing under the liner with a bunch of divots in it) and grind the middle third until you don't see any divots. That gives you about 2mm more instep height. Other possibilities are a thinner footbed/grinding the footbed and cutting the elastic and extra vinyl out of the tongue area of the liner, but the bootboard grind is faster and cleaner.

As for the lateral maleolus pain, you'll probably need a real punch and some skills.