DPS lotus 120 pure, what to mount and where?

I have a pair of used (3 hrs./ like fkn new) Lotus 120 pures, those robin egg blue ones with "spoon". Former holes filled with marine epoxy. Very inclined to go with a touring binding with enough backbone for on-piste situations also. Somewhere around a 50 / 50 mix. For a person who likes to drive the front end of a ski normally, would you go with recommended center or maybe advance a cm on the boot mark? Wanna get these right first time out. Thanx!

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    atk freeraider 14 on the line
    spoons a gimmick
    paint em red
    youll be fine
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

ATK is a binding I already use and like. The 14's are beefier than my DIN which goes around 7 (never reveal your real age on one o' these DIN evaluators). ATK is a good consideration.

I had a pair of these and wish I never would of sold them. I used them for exactly what you are planning on...50/50 ski. I mounted mine +1 and loved them there. That’s exactly where I would mount yours if you can get away with it depending on hole conflict.

To muddy the waters, I went +1 on my red hybrid 190s and then on the line when I upgraded to the spooned 189s. I liked them there, but kinda preferred the +1 hybrids and think I would have liked +1 on the pures. Not sure how much of that is due to the mount v difference in ski.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by L82thegate View Post
    ATK is a binding I already use and like. The 14's are beefier than my DIN which goes around 7 (never reveal your real age on one o' these DIN evaluators). ATK is a good consideration.
    Take the R12 2020, DIN starts at 5, and rear brakes are better than front ones.

DPS lotus 120 pure, what to mount and where?

Always had my red 190s at +1 and they were mint there. Never skied the spoons

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by rob stokes; 01-14-2020 at 01:12 PM.

Just got out on the same skis for the first day this year. Mounted on the line. I like how they ski and wouldn't move 'em forward.

I have moved back due to a binding rip out and ski even happier at -1... dependent on your taste. Liked them a lot on the line, too but still think that you don't get a lot of edge in front of the boot in any case as the tip is huge. Tail is still there for you at -1 though.

agree with touring option and would go pin again. For certain people CAST might be an option, too. But it is really a good powder touring ski.

Decision made, ATK R12's on the factory line. Finding ATK's with the 120 brake wasn't easy but Exxpozed out of Germany had them and took 20% off for a total of 443 & change delivered. Their FR14's looked nice too, bit too much binding for me but might be some deals there.

I prefer -1 or at most on the line; -1 feels like where the old line was across different 120 models for me.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    I prefer -1 or at most on the line; -1 feels like where the old line was across different 120 models for me.
    Agree, older 120s the line was back a bit so I would think on the spoon version the line or -1 would be good rather than going forward.

Iirc the line on spoon 120’s was lined up to ski similarly to og 120’s at +1.5