Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    A reminder to please for fucksake take it easy riding. Covid19 has also meant that people are not showing up for blood donations, and many places are experiencing serious shortages.

It's a good reminder and that has changed the way I'm riding. Like I mentioned earlier, focus on being smooth and reduce the fall potential, maybe don't do that roller, log ride or drop and use the bail out line you usually criticize and you will probably find out that you're actually riding faster because you're smoother. When slower is faster

Today ought to be a fantastic day to get out. A wee bit o' moisture yesterday should have moistened the surface just right to keep the unbelievable stretch of hero dirt going. Hopefully the next few days don't turn out as wet as the forecast says, most models have been overestimating precip amounts for the last 3 months so it's a pretty good bet that will happen this time too, and when the sun comes out again on Saturday it is just as awesome.

Pulled the Kona Sutra LTD out yesterday for a quick rip. I'm still recovering from the flu I had over the weekend (norm, not bat) so just a run down to the waterfront and then a poke around the Arms Forest trails. Full stiffy with drop bars is about right for that place as it's not particularly techy or challenging. I would have had more confidence with less worn tires though. I think I'll head over again tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by CantDog View Post
    A reminder to please for fucksake take it easy riding. Covid19 has also meant that people are not showing up for blood donations, and many places are experiencing serious shortages.
    USA Cycling agrees

https://www.usacycling.org/article/i...41UnEeouq-Eu8Q

Its riding like late spring in MA. Riding locally until my cardio cooperates.

To all the mags along the sea coast, how’d you fare the past two days with rain? Anything rideable?

We'll be good tomorrow. Windy now

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Zwift is going off right now, yesterday I checked in and there was over 17,000 folks from around the globe riding at one time. Crowded out there in the virtual world!
    crab in my shoe mouth

Nice day for a family bike ride on the Coast of Maine. 45* and Sunny. Park Loop Road is clear and closed to auto traffic until April 15 which makes for great, stress free road cycling. Carriage Roads closed to all for Mud Season for a few weeks until the surface firms up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7E268CBF-C08A-4FF5-BA1A-2C938B4C0A7D.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	722.7 KB 
ID:	321476   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5EAA00F1-961E-41B8-AEB9-646FD4F0D9D4.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	825.1 KB 
ID:	321477  
    Last edited by singlecross; 03-21-2020 at 03:19 PM.

^^^I like it.

Bring your bikes in to your local shop everyone, throw 'em some business. I'm high risk and in isolation, but twice this coming week I'm riding a bike to town, leaving it outside the shop, walking home, pay by phone. Easy, peasy, lemon-squeezy.

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    ^^^I like it.

Bring your bikes in to your local shop everyone, throw 'em some business. I'm high risk and in isolation, but twice this coming week I'm riding a bike to town, leaving it outside the shop, walking home, pay by phone. Easy, peasy, lemon-squeezy.
    Yep, in the same isolation boat. I’ve got a few more parts to finish up my new Hightower build and will definitely throw some business by the local shop.

Dirt roads are setting up nice and it will likely be an early mtb season start up here. Something to look forward too.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Cold groad ride today, maybe some frozen singletrack tomorrow. Local trails that weren't groomed for fatbiking are in good shape. Trying to find a silver lining. Stay safe everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

20/20 NE - I can see clearly now

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    ^^^I like it.

Rad idea. I needed a new speed/ cadence sensor for the trainer and road bike. Ordered through the local shop to give them the business. It’ll cost more and take a few days longer but I don’t care, they’re rad dudes and need the money. Definitely going to give your drop and walk a go!
    Last edited by MaineSkiAddict1; 03-21-2020 at 07:24 PM.

^^^Word.

Beautiful day at "The Rock" in MA

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1029.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	1.79 MB 
ID:	321554

I've only just discovered Facing Rock. Enjoying the variety of terrain it has to offer. Those lege rolls off the southern side (Agnes, Agitah, Jermaine & Jack) are a must ride when I go. Compliments to the builders and whomever maintains the trails.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauldotcom View Post
    Beautiful day at "The Rock" in MA

Name:	IMG_1029.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	1.79 MB 
ID:	321554

Thanks! (hint)

Saw this morning that they opened a few trails at Cochran’s so I immediately deserted my family amidst the global crisis to ride. Felt good to be riding dirt in VT in March. Stoked!

Name:	IMG_0706.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	2.63 MB 
ID:	321705

Name:	IMG_0709.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	2.54 MB 
ID:	321706

^^Sweet! Today was another stellar dirt day down here too. It's gonna get tough to ride though, the stay at home order includes a no non essential travel thing too so getting to the trails is going to be a problem. They're encouraging us to get out and the trails are open but getting hurt down here in the hot zone isn't going to turn out well and we're not supposed to be out driving around. I'm gonna know my neighborhood so well after this is all over.

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    Saw this morning that they opened a few trails at Cochran’s so I immediately deserted my family amidst the global crisis to ride. Felt good to be riding dirt in VT in March. Stoked!

Name:	IMG_0706.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	2.63 MB 
ID:	321705

Name:	IMG_0709.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	2.54 MB 
ID:	321706

Nice work! i was on the other side. A bit greasy in some spots, but overall impressive for March. Guess tomorrow it is over, though.

Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    That’s looks amazingly dry.

I’m a newb to the Chittenden County Mt Bike scene and am looking for partners for after work and/or weekend rides. Anyone interested in showing a intermediate rider around, shoot me a PM.

It felt soooo good to get on dirt this early. Bonus: stopped by Deciduous on the way home and picked up some beer for isolation: week 2

Name:	IMG_2720.JPG 
Views:	116 
Size:	288.5 KB 
ID:	321770

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post

I’m a newb to the Chittenden County Mt Bike scene and am looking for partners for after work and/or weekend rides. Anyone interested in showing a intermediate rider around, shoot me a PM.
    Did you move?

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Did you move?
    Yup. Living in Burlington since November.

Quote Originally Posted by Laps View Post
    Nice work! i was on the other side. A bit greasy in some spots, but overall impressive for March. Guess tomorrow it is over, though.

Nice man, glad to see other people getting out there. I saw a couple riders, not sure if one was you. There was a dude in a Subie getting started as I was finishing. I'm curious to see if they keep those trails open; I think the "firm" ground was frozen in many spots. I wouldn't mind getting back there this week if conditions allow.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post

It was incredibly dry, never thought I'd be riding those trails in March.

I don't get up to the Burlington area trails too much but would like to. If you're every over near Perry Hill, Millstone, Stowe or MRV trails, let me know - those are my go to riding spots, be happy to show you around.