Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: 20/20 NE - I can see clearly now

I love the ability to ride out my door. Moving (hopefully) at the wnd of this month and will be even closer to trails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

Quote Originally Posted by Laps View Post
    I love the ability to ride out my door. Moving (hopefully) at the wnd of this month and will be even closer to trails.
    Jealous. When we finally get to leave this place for the next, riding out the door will be priority number 1.

20/20 NE - I can see clearly now

I don’t think I could live any other way.
    The gravel bike makes mud season and quaratine bearable!

I can jump onto the town loop from my garage in 60 seconds. It’s right across the street. The riding in my town is fast and fun. Long downhills from the top of the valley down to the river. It’s so greasy in the woods with all this rain and 45 degree shit. Gravel and Road are the call right now for me. I like bikes.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by Laps View Post
    The gravel bike makes mud season and quaratine bearable!
    This!

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    If you read down through the comments it says the trails are open for riding and hiking but there will be no parking or facilities available on the property.
    Correct. It's not shut down to riding or hiking.

C'mon internet, play this smart and keep it ALL on the DL. Social distance for real, no spraying on the webs, and then do what you can to stay sane. Ride to your spots, respect closures, NO FREAKIN' PARKING, do the other stuff you often disdain in favor of the radder option, and generally adapt your habits to the new reality. Just f'n do it.

If parking lots have cars, authorities assume a failure to social distance, regardless of the reality, and shut, shit, down- with jersey barriers and angry enforcement. For the most part, unfortunately, the authorities are justified in these actions (Craftsbury xc, Stowe, 'bush, even Suicide6 became picnic and sledding central), so GO ON THE DL when it's appropriate ya jamokes (no longer mud season), or ride pavement or gravel.

Peace NE pedlers. Bikes will save us all, as long as we learn our lessons NOW.

True dat Biggins.

Keep the rubber side down y’all

Beach parking lots closed in my town now due to people being idiots.
    Also attracted out of town people. As of April 1, 57 cases here in my town. Summer people are here in force.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Finally got out on the road after riding the local rail trail with my wife a few times and the woods might be wet from yesterday. Nice 30 mile isolation
    Chip seal hell

Mighty Sea

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by snowday; 04-04-2020 at 11:09 AM.

^^^Nice to hear you're back on the bike! Hopefully we can social distance, together, soon. Rock on!

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    ^^^Nice to hear you're back on the bike! Hopefully we can social distance, together, soon. Rock on!
    Dirt down here is great! Hope the arm is better!

Quote Originally Posted by snowday View Post
    Dirt down here is great! Hope the arm is better!
    Back on track! 25 miles of mixed surface today with wifey. Singletrack soon I hope...

Rode some great gravel out of Hinesburg today, meant to ride for 2 hours, got back home after 3.5. Get some before the rain tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    C'mon internet, play this smart and keep it ALL on the DL. Social distance for real, no spraying on the webs, and then do what you can to stay sane. Ride to your spots, respect closures, NO FREAKIN' PARKING, do the other stuff you often disdain in favor of the radder option, and generally adapt your habits to the new reality. Just f'n do it.
    I'm not sure who you're speaking to, but its published that it's open, but no parking. That means locals only or if someone wants to ride x miles or walk to the little bump.

But, fucking meanwhile, the amount of masshole plates in my town and all over our beach sidewalks sucked. No social distancing whatsoever. Yet local surfer heading out off a rocky point break get shit.

Santa Cruz is doing it right. Not from SC county, gtfo.

This whole thing sucks. Recreate in your town/county.

New route today to find gravel.

It’s spring in Vermont.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5336.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	2.37 MB 
ID:	324279

I think they put those fans up on that ridge to try and dry up this area.

Name:	IMG_5337.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	324280
    Last edited by Peruvian; 04-06-2020 at 07:12 AM.

Dirt roads and random connecting bits are drying out nicely. Average speed was up a few mph thanks to not pedaling through peanut butter. Next few days are still looking nice.

Name:	IMG_0903.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	2.55 MB 
ID:	324276

Name:	IMG_0906.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	1.73 MB 
ID:	324277

Name:	IMG_0901.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	1.59 MB 
ID:	324278

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by HankScorpio; 04-06-2020 at 04:12 AM.

As I explore my neighborhood more on the bike I'm finding some outrageously steep paved climbs. I had no idea some of these streets were here and I've lived here on this hill for 24 years now. How the fuck do these people get up some of these hills in the snow? My daughter is riding an old flat bar bike I put together about 20 years ago, the thing has a full size 39-52 crank and 11-28 cassette and this kid stands up and cranks these hills. Remember being 21... fuckin amazing.

Gonna hit the dirt again tomorrow.

Pfff, 39/28, back in the day guys were crushing those same hills on a 42/23!
    crab in my shoe mouth

Yeah but were they a 4'11" little girl on a flat bar bike path bike?

So thankful for the weather today. Almost 30 miles of mostly dirt. I needed that.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

My COVID bubble is Carrabassett Valley and outdoor riding is hard to come by around here. Not really a network of roads that are appealing to ride on and it's going to be awhile before riding off road is an option. Route 27 with logging trucks isn't really my jam.

Shopping for a smart trainer...

Love my bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    My COVID bubble is Carrabassett Valley and outdoor riding is hard to come by around here. Not really a network of roads that are appealing to ride on and it's going to be awhile before riding off road is an option. Route 27 with logging trucks isn't really my jam.

Shopping for a smart trainer...
    Road to flagstaff lake, and all the roads around Weld like the one leading to tumbledown. In my relatively limited experience riding around those counties the locals either drive crazy slow or ridiculously fast and close to bikers, no cops and long distances between towns. Once I got the less than smart idea of riding Jay to Lewiston, the traffic was either a car tailgating me afraid to pass or someone nearly clipping me at 65, then the chicken shit hauler passed me, that fucking sucked.

High point of Coronacation home schooling, my daughter who was pretty cold on biking nailed the pump track and finally everything clicked. She probably did 50 laps after it clicked and created stories for each lap like trolls were under the bumps or the sweeping turn was a wave and she was teaching her unicorn bike how to surf. Pretty proud moment for me and a great way to kill 3 hours.

Took Mrs P out for a quick 20 after work. Almost all tarmac though. [emoji22]

Name:	IMG_5353.JPG 
Views:	66 
Size:	371.4 KB 
ID:	324366