Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1243
    Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    better than the Ripley eh? look forward to hearing more when you get it dialed, looking at rascal and ranger
    ^^^this. I love my Ripley LS so would like to hear more.

What's a good loop in No Conway suitable for bringing the GF along who is a solid intermediate who is a good climber but still learning to love old school tech? Actually she may never learn to love it...

What's a good loop in No Conway suitable for bringing the GF along who is a solid intermediate who is a good climber but still learning to love old school tech? Actually she may never learn to love it...
    I’m sure someone can put a loop together but there are a couple trails that are must do’s:
    — Shumway at the Marshall Conservation Area is a freakin blast and maybe the best trail I rode all summer. Worth lapping a few times.
    —can connect Marshall to other areas via the fireroads but I’m not sure what’s the best way to do that
    —been a couple years since I’ve done it but Red Tail off Hurricane Mtn Rd was a great long downhill trail

Of course Moat Mtn beers no matter what you ride.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by snowday View Post
    I’m sure someone can put a loop together but there are a couple trails that are must do’s:
    — Shumway at the Marshall Conservation Area is a freakin blast and maybe the best trail I rode all summer. Worth lapping a few times.
    —can connect Marshall to other areas via the fireroads but I’m not sure what’s the best way to do that
    —been a couple years since I’ve done it but Red Tail off Hurricane Mtn Rd was a great long downhill trail

Of course Moat Mtn beers no matter what you ride.

this is what a friend who knows the area well told me:

eastside....marshall to mineral site to stoney ridge to whitehorse ledge.....riding the slabs on whitehorse is a wicked cool experience!

this is what a friend who knows the area well told me:

eastside....marshall to mineral site to stoney ridge to whitehorse ledge.....riding the slabs on whitehorse is a wicked cool experience!
    One of my buddies knows the area too so I followed him: we started at Echo Lake. Rode through the golf course up to Cathedral Ledge. Definitely cool! Then through some fireroads and Electric Loop to Marshall. That was about 15 miles. Could’ve gone back towards Echo Lake but we started in on the beers at Marshall. Let me know if you want the Strava link.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    ^^^this. I love my Ripley LS so would like to hear more.
    I’m coming off a 2016 Ripley LS and this bike is so much better it’s startling. I always felt like I was perched on top of the Ripley and never felt super confident on stuff. The feeling on the Rascal is totally different. Feel much more in the bike, much better control. I don’t quite understand how it gets over everything either. I’ll come into sections at totally the wrong speed and line and as long as I keep pedaling it just goes right through. Going up tech stuff it feels like it has 4wheel drive. I’m super impressed.

It is heavier than my Ripley, but I don’t really care. My XL is 29lbs with an XO1 build, carbon wheels, heavy tires and 200mm dropper.

Quote Originally Posted by CantDog View Post
    I’m coming off a 2016 Ripley LS and this bike is so much better it’s startling. I always felt like I was perched on top of the Ripley and never felt super confident on stuff. The feeling on the Rascal is totally different. Feel much more in the bike, much better control. I don’t quite understand how it gets over everything either. I’ll come into sections at totally the wrong speed and line and as long as I keep pedaling it just goes right through. Going up tech stuff it feels like it has 4wheel drive. I’m super impressed.

It is heavier than my Ripley, but I don’t really care. My XL is 29lbs with an XO1 build, carbon wheels, heavy tires and 200mm dropper.
    Large or XL Rip LS? I’m on an XL and you are taller than I am.

I’m not sure why I asked. I’m in no position to buy an new bike now anyway.

Thinking isn’t buying just like looking isn’t cheating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mtnwriter View Post
    I have mountain bike lust in my heart.

X2

Quote Originally Posted by mtnwriter View Post

Lookers make buyers

STAB STOKE

Quote Originally Posted by Generalstark View Post
    STAB STOKE

Triggered....I fell off that bridge going about 2 mph maybe 10 years ago . Haven't been back since.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Large or XL Rip LS? I’m on an XL and you are taller than I am.

I’m not sure why I asked. I’m in no position to buy an new bike now anyway.
    I was on an XL ripley LS. Overall the new gel trends fit me so much better than older bikes. Even with the XL rascal I’m running about 20mm of spacers and a riser bar, wish the stack was just a touch higher, but overall feels so much better. Next time I’m up with the bike you’re happy to give it a whirl.

Quote Originally Posted by CantDog View Post
    I was on an XL ripley LS. Overall the new gel trends fit me so much better than older bikes. Even with the XL rascal I’m running about 20mm of spacers and a riser bar, wish the stack was just a touch higher, but overall feels so much better. Next time I’m up with the bike you’re happy to give it a whirl.
    And the slippery slope begins....

Does anyone else feel intense n+1 feelings every time they see a Honzo out on the trail? I feel like 1/2 the bikes I see out these days are Honzos or the like. Me want.

New (to me) bike day! SC tallboy C. Pike ultimate which would be look better black but whatever.
    Rode today my usual loop and felt ok. I use Strava and I was actually riding faster than usual...
    Wednesday riding NoCo or Moose Brook.
    For those in New England with this bike, there are two chips one to change wheelbase and the other hi or lo at the shock. Before I start dicking around with it... Any suggestions. I dont care how they do it in California -Ted Wojcik

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

The flip chips are for running 29 or 27.5+. It just keeps the geo close on both wheel sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    The flip chips are for running 29 or 27.5+. It just keeps the geo close on both wheel sizes.
    yes but if you find the pedal living on the ground in NE, going to the 27.5 flip chip could help in that regard you just got to see if the plow/carvablilty isnt hurt enough to make the less pedal strikes worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    Does anyone else feel intense n+1 feelings every time they see a Honzo out on the trail? I feel like 1/2 the bikes I see out these days are Honzos or the like. Me want.
    Canfield Nimble 9 rides WAY better than the Honzo I am complete biased. I still own a 2012 Honzo, I have now rode a ESD and can say its a pretty harsh frame and feel pretty extreme. The normal Honzo AL/ST 2021 I doubt have the complaint feel of the N9 but I quite frankly do not know.

The N9 literally feels like is has rear suspension with out feeling flexy lateral, and is just over 5lb for my size M frame which is lb or two lighter than any of the Honzo, or Chromag. Its literally feel like it accelerates out of corners.

If your ever in my area your welcome to try mine but its probably slightly to small for you. I had a size L which was simply too big for me.

Definitely get a hardtail, Biggins. I see quite a few Honzos around here so that’s gotta say something. I ride my Chromag hardtail a ton and it’s just as fun as my fancy full suspension bike.

This weather is nuts. Dry rocks and bridges in 70 degree temps in Nov.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2473.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	2.30 MB 
ID:	347043

Ski season will be a shit show so I’ll take some warm November miles for a bit.

Hmm... I read on the internets somewhere it's to play with geo... definitely the one at the shock mount is for that since SC lists geo in both positions.
    I'll probably just ride it as is. The guy who sold it to me put it in Hi and put 170 cranks just for pedal strikes.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

That's a really cool picture.

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    Definitely get a hardtail, Biggins. I see quite a few Honzos around here so that’s gotta say something. I ride my Chromag hardtail a ton and it’s just as fun as my fancy full suspension bike.

This weather is nuts. Dry rocks and bridges in 70 degree temps in Nov.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2473.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	2.30 MB 
ID:	347043

Ski season will be a shit show so I’ll take some warm November miles for a bit.

I <heart> hot tele-moms

I feel that way for a SC Chameleon.

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    That's a really cool picture.
    Agreed. Millstone?