Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast
    Shakedown ride on the new bike today. I decided to check out Mt. Abram’s bike park. I’d never been and since they were hit pretty hard in the spring, I thought I’d support them. Tickets are $25 for a half day; either an am session from 9 - 12:30 or 1:30 - 5.

There is not a lot to choose from, but, what they have fits the bill. Absolutely perfect for beginners and begintermediates. They have an uphill trail (which requires a pass) but was actually a nice climb. There is a short (but enjoyable) beginner loop off the climbing trail that I lapped a few times. Despite the amount of people, I never really waited in line. There were only 5 trails to choose from off the lift. Grease Slapper is a fun jump trail perfect for working on jumping. Gaps and table tops of varying sizes, decent berms, and some nice lips. Everything has a “B” line so jumping isn’t required. Super chicken is a beginner trial aimed at getting new riders comfortable with small berms. Whiplash was half finished and had some pretty rad features. I am not confident enough to hit them. George’s jungle is a true beginner trail; mostly flat, gentle grade. The whole place has got some potential and I’d go back for sure. Trail work is being done all the time and I saw a few “closed” signs on stuff they are putting finishing touches on.

I spent from 1:30 to 5 with almost no real stopping and it was worth it. The lift is, sadly, slow but when you consider how long lift lines are at highland, you’re able to spend more time on the bike at Mt A. (Albeit the runs are a third as long). It’s a great option for locals and super rad to see so many kids out there riding.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3301.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	337818

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    It’s been there for a couple of years now.

Was up in Franconia yesterday, rode a bunch of killer stuff in the Easton Valley. So techy and just wicked fun. They had rain up there on Saturday, which made the trails really tacky and grippy. So good in fact, I was able to clean Fat Lip, which is like a once ever kind of thing. Riding in Easton Valley is freaking tough, but wicked rewarding if you have good legs and can pick the good lines.
    Attachment 337396
    Attachment 337397
    Attachment 337398
    Easton Franconia locals are adamant about keeping it old skool. Sort of anti-KT. Lots of great trails. If you ride that area check PRKR in Littleton and shoulder roll in Bethlehem. Then reklis brewery.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    Easton Franconia locals are adamant about keeping it old skool. Sort of anti-KT. Lots of great trails. If you ride that area check PRKR in Littleton and shoulder roll in Bethlehem. Then reklis brewery.

Apparently there are some real douchebags all around up there between Waterville and Fanconia. They even have some douchebag name for their militant group. They're treating trails like private powdah stashes. They can fuck right the fuck off.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Apparently there are some real douchebags all around up there between Waterville and Fanconia. They even have some douchebag name for their militant group. They're treating trails like private powdah stashes. They can fuck right the fuck off.
    I never even thought of riding in that area and I just agreed they can fuck right off.

20/20 NE - I can see clearly now

Easy now boys! I’ve been riding up there for over 25 years. I’m friends with the northern cartel. Tucker, Big Ring, BriMo, Gardner and Richard etc... Haven’t been up in a few years, place is growing and getting better every year. It will never be popular even if it’s on a map, way too much hard climbing. Flatlanders will hate it there. If they want to keep it secret, that’s fine with me, there are plenty of other places to ride. As far as Waterville Valley and the whole Smart’s Brook/Mill Brook area goes, it is what is. Some of the old boys hate the Forest Service, and want to cut rogue trails, others are okay with the feds and want to do it legal and whatnot. I have friends on both sides. Plenty of spots to ride bikes, find what works for you. Ride on
    Last edited by buttahflake; 08-23-2020 at 06:27 AM.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Buttah, ran into four drop bar dudes while hiking Ball Mtn dam area yesterday. Pretty capable riders it seemed. I did not think to ask for change. Were you in the group?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    That Don't Make No Sense

Not me, I was on a big solo road ride yesterday.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by Cabinfever View Post
    Buttah, ran into four drop bar dudes while hiking Ball Mtn dam area yesterday. Pretty capable riders it seemed. I did not think to ask for change. Were you in the group?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    That was however, a couple of guys I’m friends with from my town and a couple of Vermonters. I saw it on my Strava feed, 100 miles, almost all dirt roads and class 4! The pictures from the Ball Mt damn switchbacks are crazy!
    crab in my shoe mouth

Yup. Thats right where i saw them. Was still pretty wet. Plenty of slick roots and light mud and they rolled through on gravel tires like a boss.
    That Don't Make No Sense

Just checking if anyone has an extra bike for sale for my growing son. Nothing in stock I can find at shops!
    Looking for (in order of importance)
    Not super old (not 26)
    Medium
    Hardtail
    1x drivetrain
    Air fork
    Aluminum
    Budget is $1000 to $1500

Driving from Cape cod to mad River valley likely Tuesday (waiting for covid19 test results) and could pick up. I can bring lobsters or oysters or whatever for you.

Pm me. Save this tall teen from his knee banging XS bike.

In June the shop said late August. Now they say April. Like a Roscoe or something.

Happy trails.

I <heart> hot tele-moms

It will never be popular even if it’s on a map, way too much hard climbing. Flatlanders will hate it there...
    That was said about Cochran’s quite a bit but that place is overrun these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

Quote Originally Posted by Laps View Post
    That was said about Cochran’s quite a bit but that place is overrun these days.

Well if the DHs are as good as Cochrans people will be willing to climb...

True. Haven’t ridden in Franconia but have heard good things.

Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

Easy now boys! I’ve been riding up there for over 25 years. I’m friends with the northern cartel. Tucker, Big Ring, BriMo, Gardner and Richard etc... Haven’t been up in a few years, place is growing and getting better every year. It will never be popular even if it’s on a map, way too much hard climbing. Flatlanders will hate it there. If they want to keep it secret, that’s fine with me, there are plenty of other places to ride. As far as Waterville Valley and the whole Smart’s Brook/Mill Brook area goes, it is what is. Some of the old boys hate the Forest Service, and want to cut rogue trails, others are okay with the feds and want to do it legal and whatnot. I have friends on both sides. Plenty of spots to ride bikes, find what works for you. Ride on
    I was talking to a local Campton guy and some douche waited for him to come out of a trail just to question who he was and what he was doing. They need to get over themselves. As a crusty old fuck and trailbuilder I would have told him I was mapping it and going to post it all over Snapface just to get a reaction. Then tell him to fuck off. My family has been up there since the early 70's, so I could give two shits about any of their territorial bs.

Now the dudes at Rek-lis that are building are cool. I don't 'know' them, but had conversations and they were cool. I was hoping to be able to help out with the builds, but I'm going too many directions as it is already.

Spent the mid morning riding Titcomb Ski area. Nice spot for a quick couple of laps, and it looks like the local riders are adding more trails.

Name:	D157E776-BAAA-441B-9C12-584C2F45F172.jpeg 
Views:	50 
Size:	725.3 KB 
ID:	337998

Quote Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
    Spent the mid morning riding Titcomb Ski area. Nice spot for a quick couple of laps, and it looks like the local riders are adding more trails.
    I’ve heard titcomb is coming along! Every time I head to CV I mean to stop there but always forget. Have you checked out the Powder House Hill trails yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Boreas View Post

Name:	D157E776-BAAA-441B-9C12-584C2F45F172.jpeg 
Views:	50 
Size:	725.3 KB 
ID:	337998
    Nice twig stoke

I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by Laps View Post
    True. Haven’t ridden in Franconia but have heard good things.

Most of it's on trailforks. It's not secret. At least enough to keep most people busy. Some locals just don't like it when others sanitize trails by moving rocks or cutting.

Anyone interested in riding just stop in at white Mountain cycles and big ring bob will show you a map.

I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by MaineSkiAddict1 View Post
    I’ve heard titcomb is coming along! Every time I head to CV I mean to stop there but always forget. Have you checked out the Powder House Hill trails yet?
    I’ve never been to powder House. The past few times I’ve visited family we start out planning on Powder House but end up at Titcomb for one reason or another.

Green’s yesterday for my buddy’s birthday ride. Almost 30 miles! Place really is fun, crazy how much it’s grown in the last couple of years.

Name:	2762CC4B-49BE-4B5D-B2D8-FDC0549C5A10.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	2.47 MB 
ID:	338038

Name:	98060AC9-EF18-4F27-A2DD-5176D8B8969D.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	338039

Name:	D64E1B5E-BD8E-401E-82F6-6D8FB0FCBD05.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	338040

Name:	C25445AB-77D8-4533-8674-5C9B398D569B.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	338041
    crab in my shoe mouth

^^what's the story with the cabin? I've always stayed out of it, what a spot!

New Hampshire residents only in the cabin!

It’s the best in the winter, the Nordic skiing is phenomenal there. They groom for skating and classic. We’ve started a fire and had long safety meetings there in the winter, at that cabin. There’s a hot plate, water and cocoa, instant soups and whatnot. Great spot.
    crab in my shoe mouth

New Hampshire residents only in the cabin!
    I have a fake ID

Perfect! That’s only one of three cabins on the Nordic system, the other two are even nicer.
    Looking to head to Millstone, what’s the killer loop up there y’all?
    crab in my shoe mouth