Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Spaced my EC threads and posted this in the ski edition.

Attachment 336832

Green Woodlands is da bomb
    Have they opened up to any other states besides NH and VT yet? When I was last up there the signs were very clear that they didn't want folks driving in from out of the area to ride.

Quote Originally Posted by geomorph View Post
    Have they opened up to any other states besides NH and VT yet? When I was last up there the signs were very clear that they didn't want folks driving in from out of the area to ride.
    They added Maine to the signs but haven’t updated web or FB. Still keeping a low profile it seems.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-08-11 at 7.18.59 AM.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	700.7 KB 
ID:	336849

Tuesday looks warm, with no warning of storms
    But last week’s alarm saw a need to inform
    We checked in with the weather forecaster to advise us:
    He’s surprised that some wise ass has named it Isaias
    A name so abstrusely obtuse to be riotous
    And what’s worse is, of course this:
    Nearly no one can say it.

He says, “Isaias is, as I assay, as serious as I ever see
    Seesawing cirrus arrays in a series
    Soaring the sinuous cumulus as a glider
    On air o’er areas of high seas of Carolina
    Sources say these breezes are nothing to sneeze at
    It is vicious when it hits us, as it did once (just between us)
    As downpours cause crises and surf crashes causeways
    He sighs as he says, “It’s as easy as always
    To advise us what its size is with reliance on science
    Chasing after disaster with satellite guidance
    He stresses statistics are the essence of his business
    Persistent resistance to tedious deviance
    Arises when the wisest of these theories and theses
    Is as tested as the rest is,
    Lest we’re infested with the messiest excesses
    of the expedient ingredients:
    Mischievous disobedience, grievous malfeasance,...

I digress, I’ll confess
    It’s best I arrest this
    Lest I get so obsessed with
    More rhyming than reason
    Since the hurricane flees on
    Get your shorts and your tees on
    (Don’t put waders or skis on)
    Bring a riding companion
    To Fennway's Happy Canyon
    And do your part to restart
    The TNR season

Tuesday Night Ride meets at 5:45 at 460 Jewett Rd., thanks to Bob Cerra for providing parking. All are welcome to come ride the trails of Fennway and Good Living Dunne Wright.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

I've had 4 or 5 friends go on vacation in Maine over the last 3 weeks. They don't seem to be enforcing any out of state quarantines apparently. I've been avoiding going over the line into New England other than some quick shots along the Rt 7 corridor and around CT so haven't really experienced much but on Fb there's all sorts of animosity towards NYers in VT so I just make quick shots in and out for work.

They added Maine to the signs but haven’t updated web or FB. Still keeping a low profile it seems.
    Nice, good to hear. I know it was getting a little contentious among some riders from out of state the "their rights were being violated" That place is so different than all the other riding in NH, its good to have some nice long descents that don't rattle your fillings out.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    I've had 4 or 5 friends go on vacation in Maine over the last 3 weeks. They don't seem to be enforcing any out of state quarantines apparently. I've been avoiding going over the line into New England other than some quick shots along the Rt 7 corridor and around CT so haven't really experienced much but on Fb there's all sorts of animosity towards NYers in VT so I just make quick shots in and out for work.
    New Englanders have always hated NYers. What's new?

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by geomorph View Post
    That place is so different than all the other riding in NH, its good to have some nice long descents that don't rattle your fillings out.
    Yup, rode my new Karate Monkey and that place rules on a hardtail. Needs a dropper post though....

Hell of a ride at Green Mtn Trails today. Gotta get here more often.

Name:	IMG_1797.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	337134

Name:	IMG_1803.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	2.14 MB 
ID:	337135

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I've had 4 or 5 friends go on vacation in Maine over the last 3 weeks. They don't seem to be enforcing any out of state quarantines apparently.
    No enforcement, all 'rules' are strong suggestions and we appreciate them being followed but that relies on people...

Hit Ascutney this morning, haven’t been since last year. Some nice updates to a couple trails like Lynx. Missed that place.

Name:	IMG_7747.JPG 
Views:	79 
Size:	140.5 KB 
ID:	337289

No enforcement, all 'rules' are strong suggestions and we appreciate them being followed but that relies on people...
    Thats interesting...my bro in law was in Portsmouth earlier this week and the bartender at the Thirsty Moose told them do not go over the border into Maine. Guy told them Maine staties were massed at the border following out of state cara and handing out $1k fines. Not sure how true it is but they didn't take the chance to get a lobstah roll.

Quote Originally Posted by snowday View Post
    Thats interesting...my bro in law was in Portsmouth earlier this week and the bartender at the Thirsty Moose told them do not go over the border into Maine. Guy told them Maine staties were massed at the border following out of state cara and handing out $1k fines. Not sure how true it is but they didn't take the chance to get a lobstah roll.
    first I've heard of anything like that, I live in Portland

Got down to diamond hill today for the first time. Super fun trails nice and chunky but enough speed to flow and get some air. Compression damper blew in my fork near the end of the ride after having it rebuilt last month. Shop is looking at it Monday hopefully it’s a seal or bladder issue and I don’t need a new damper or fork.

My chiropractor went up on vacation about a month ago and when they stopped for gas a few miles north of York the cop wouldn't let him out of the car and made them turn around to get gas somewhere else out of state. They had to go back to NH then continue to the house they had rented.

Hit Ascutney this morning, haven’t been since last year. Some nice updates to a couple trails like Lynx. Missed that place.

Name:	IMG_7747.JPG 
Views:	79 
Size:	140.5 KB 
ID:	337289

Did you stumble across the new "Jim's Jams" trail over on the town forest side? Crazy fun new trail with plenty of rollers and steep, loamy ups and downs. Acsutney rules.

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    Did you stumble across the new "Jim's Jams" trail over on the town forest side? Crazy fun new trail with plenty of rollers and steep, loamy ups and downs. Acsutney rules.
    Didn't hit that, where over on the town side?

My chiropractor went up on vacation about a month ago and when they stopped for gas a few miles north of York the cop wouldn't let him out of the car and made them turn around to get gas somewhere else out of state. They had to go back to NH then continue to the house they had rented.
    I know a family from Mass that bought a house in central Maine this spring. They knew the rules about quarantining but decided to head up anyway for a long weekend. Like total idiots they went to the local grocery store and the local gas station. At some point in the evening the local sheriff knocked on their door and told them they either have to stay on the property 14 days or they need to leave. They freaked out packed their car and went back to Mass that night and haven’t been back. Apparently, a neighbor saw their car out around town and reported them.

Didn't hit that, where over on the town side?
    Once you exit from RidgeBack or South Ridge Run you head down Kimball Farm rd and it’s on the left.

I chatted with a guy doing some trail work at the visitors center and he said it was freshly cut and will be on the map next season.

Once you exit from RidgeBack or South Ridge Run you head down Kimball Farm rd and it’s on the left.

I chatted with a guy doing some trail work at the visitors center and he said it was freshly cut and will be on the map next season.

Thanks, I'll have to check it out next time...I wouldn't think of looking on the left of Kimball for any trails. I just assumed everything went back on the right towards the town forest/ski area.

Wonder if thats part of a bigger expansion over there?

20/20 NE - I can see clearly now

It’s been there for a couple of years now.

Was up in Franconia yesterday, rode a bunch of killer stuff in the Easton Valley. So techy and just wicked fun. They had rain up there on Saturday, which made the trails really tacky and grippy. So good in fact, I was able to clean Fat Lip, which is like a once ever kind of thing. Riding in Easton Valley is freaking tough, but wicked rewarding if you have good legs and can pick the good lines.

Name:	7B1A7407-AC3B-48BF-9978-93AFFC7AE31E.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	337396

Name:	CD5D488B-71A8-4EB6-B799-E99746E673A2.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	3.30 MB 
ID:	337397

Name:	IMG_4730.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	2.01 MB 
ID:	337398
    crab in my shoe mouth

That tight loamy squiggle looks like fun. ^^
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    That tight loamy squiggle looks like fun. ^^
    You would love it, it’s so old school. Like putting a puzzle together the whole ride.
    crab in my shoe mouth

If you like tight loam single Buttah you have to come ride Cady's Falls Nursery some day.

I’ll have to check that out, thanks JM.
    crab in my shoe mouth

A quick, hard rain rolled through and tacked up the trails nicely. Sun came out and temps dropped into the 60s. Managed to squeeze a nice ride in.

Name:	IMG_2046.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	3.25 MB 
ID:	337490