Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    Tried the XR4 in the mud? I ask b/c the XR3 in mud was, well: not confidence inspiring.
    I don’t ride mud, guy! I have a road bike and a gravel bike, who rides when it’s muddy?
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    Tried the XR4 in the mud? I ask b/c the XR3 in mud was, well: not confidence inspiring.
    It's probably equal to an aggressor from Maxxis but looks like it might shed shit better.

I'm in the camp of if it's not broken don't fix it. But if my new bike came with a tire other than a DHF/R I wouldn't replace it. I ride it.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    I don’t ride mud, guy! I have a road bike and a gravel bike, who rides when it’s muddy?
    Ohhhhh...I shoulda looked closer...the recent pics from up there do look bone dry. I forgot about the classic "desert spring" of the American Northeast.
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    I'm in the camp of if it's not broken don't fix it. But if my new bike came with a tire other than a DHF/R I wouldn't replace it. I ride it.
    Curious what you dislike so much about the dhf/r? Rolling resistance / weight?

Quote Originally Posted by MaineSkiAddict1 View Post
    It’s odd, I actually haven’t ridden the presumpscot yet. Where do you drop in? There is a lot on Washington ave that looks like it might have access.

Tomorrow looks promising after this teaching stuff is done.
    I parked at Lyseth Elementary and pedaled down some streets from there. Decent fun and def pretty dry for the most part.
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    Curious what you dislike so much about the dhf/r? Rolling resistance / weight?
    Sorry, no I love DHF/ DHR. It's all I ride. That's what I meant by if it's not broken. But if I bought a new bike I'd ride the tires it came with...just to not be wasteful.

B-Lot, Greens, Franklin Falls, Bear Brook, Franconia/Easton Valley, North Conway, Plymouth/Campton/Thornton so many good places to ride a MTB in NH, so many.
    Ridden most of those but will definitely make a trip to Greens when travel is ok’d. I have heard it is amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

Ascutney/STAB opens on Sunday! I seriously think it’s the best network in New England. My new bike is so dialed in, looking forward to spending a lot of time in the woods this year.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Ascutney/STAB opens on Sunday! I seriously think it’s the best network in New England. My new bike is so dialed in, looking forward to spending a lot of time in the woods this year.
    I have ridden and run the VT 50 there many times. Will have to check it out. On trailforks the trails are blanked out. Do they come back when they are open ? Or will I need to buy a paper map?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Not sure about trail forks, you can buy a map at the Brownsville Store
    crab in my shoe mouth

How much snow around? Couldn't believe it was snowing on the coast this morning! I don't recall snow in May ever down here. I'm sure its happened, but not often.

Ascutney is one of my favorite places to ride. The mapped trails are great, and the trails that aren’t on the maps are even better.

Another mag mini at Ascutney? Last one was a blast.

That's got potential. This time I wouldn't bring my wife so I get to actually ride. What about something more off the beaten path like the Slate Valley trails over in Poultney? I've heard good things. New old school Hardy trails sounds like fun. That and it's an hour closer for me. I heard that the Base Camp trails at Killington are up to over 14 miles now, that's on the hit list sometime too.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    How much snow around? Couldn't believe it was snowing on the coast this morning! I don't recall snow in May ever down here. I'm sure its happened, but not often.
    A dusting this morning in Concord. Squalls throughout the day. Was nice and quiet out on the trail today because of the weather. I rode some of my less frequented trails around town. Holy shit I forgot how full send enduro some of the quarry trails are here. My xc bike was definitely a little under gunned.

We woke up to 2 inches of wet snow here. Cold and windy as fuck; I don’t think it got over 35. Back on gravel or maybe trails tomorrow.

I’d definitely be into an Ascutney meet up, great spot to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Graupel was falling here. Melting pretty much instantly. Nuts.

Hall of Fame! LL
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Graupel intermittently falling in Boston right now

First day at Lynn woods today. My west coast go fast skills dont exactly transfer to slow speed rock gardens and I felt lost a bunch from all the braided trails but it was nice to be challenged for a change. That place would be more fun following a locamaybe I can do that someday.

Quote Originally Posted by carlh View Post
    First day at Lynn woods today. My west coast go fast skills dont exactly transfer to slow speed rock gardens and I felt lost a bunch from all the braided trails but it was nice to be challenged for a change. That place would be more fun following a locamaybe I can do that someday.
    Lynn is great! But yeah, more time getting lost on your own or a local guide is key.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Hey scrub, did you get my message the other day? I hope all is well with you.

Heading to Saxon Hill for the first time this afternoon. Any recommended routes or anyone interested in a social distancing meet up?

What time are you shooting for?

Green Woodlands announced a July 1st opening date.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime