Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
    Please let the B=bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Interesting that you know the address....
    Ha! It only takes one loser to make mention of that acronym to ruin the rest of your life. Someone stupid friend of mine did it to me a few years ago. Wtf!!

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    I was thinking the same. Respect!
    I like swell hill, so there. I hated hell hill
    The downhill from the top of pusher man to race and techie and maple run is super fun, one of my favorite runs.
    Last time there I tore the sidewall on an almost new tire. Went to Stark mt bike and they totally took care of me. Really kind mechanic.

Rode Earl's trails with my son yesterday. Lots of green leaves down from some wind event. Big trees too.
    Great trails and worth the stop.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    Love Earls. Check out Batchelor St. next time you're in the area... if your son is comfortable with technical riding.

Good read. I smooshed one on a ride a few days ago. Thought I flatted my tire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

They've been a garden menace here but I figured out a fun way to keep them away. I spread cayenne and ground black pepper all around the veggie beds, when they come up to them and start sniffing around and get a noseful they start jumping up and down and squealing as they run away. It doesn't hurt them or the squirrels but it sure does convince them that my garden isn't a place they want to be.

Happy birthday America. We broke the country so I rode my bike to feel better about it.

First ride at needham forest today. Fun trails but forced me to buy a new rear tire as those rocks are sharp.

Hero dirt is back Gonna go get some more for a dawn patrol before the masses muck it all up.

Wife gave me the kitchen pass to ride Carrabassett Valley today while we’re visiting her mom near Augusta.

I hadn’t ridden there in a few years and had forgotten how amazing these trails are. Weather was perfect and 20 miles went by fast. If I ever meet who’s building these trails, I’m buying them beers all night.

Too bad it’s so far from....well....everything.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	50C678F5-0546-4A38-81CF-779290C3505A.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	2.42 MB 
ID:	333544

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

@ Thunder for some lift time tomorrow. Grey Commencal Clash, 3/4 sleeve Maggot jersey.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Quote Originally Posted by carlh View Post
    First ride at needham forest today. Fun trails but forced me to buy a new rear tire as those rocks are sharp.
    Place is serious. There's some knee flesh of mine in there somewhere from years ago.

First time at Hinesburg Town Forest today. Roots and rocks galore.

The resting rock was encouragement that it wasn’t just me that needed a break.

Name:	IMG_5758.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	2.61 MB 
ID:	333645

Homestead lived up to it’s name.

Name:	IMG_5759.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	2.36 MB 
ID:	333646

45 degree turn at the entrance (after a 180 on the trail approach), 40’ long, and 3’ off the ground. I missed it 2 times and gave up.

Name:	IMG_5762.jpg 
Size:	2.06 MB 
ID:	333647

Bring your A game. It’s techie over there.

You know those days when you feel like you're too far over the front of the bike and it's all you can do to not overcook it going into corners? I just couldn't get comfortable yesterday and can't figure out why.

]

45 degree turn at the entrance (after a 180 on the trail approach), 40’ long, and 3’ off the ground. I missed it 2 times and gave up.

Name:	IMG_5762.jpg 
Size:	2.06 MB 
ID:	333647

Bring your A game. It’s techie over there.
    I don't like when the bail out isn't visible next to log rides.

I'm loving my Bronson! It climbs exceptionally well for how fun it is on the down.

Added a little VT

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    I don't like when the bail out isn't visible next to log rides.
    The photo doesn't do it justice but there is a blind steep drop at the choke of about 12" as well. Scary as hell when actually on the log. Whenever I'm on an elevated skinny, I question why I don't ride flat pedals.

The photo doesn't do it justice but there is a blind steep drop at the choke of about 12" as well. Scary as hell when actually on the log. Whenever I'm on an elevated skinny, I question why I don't ride flat pedals.
    None (or very few) mtn bike pics do any justice for what it's like irl.

20/20 NE - I can see clearly now

Many thanks to Jackstraw for the beta on the Pease/Newington network. When morning plans fell through yesterday, I was stuck with only an hour to ride and not much locally. The trails around Pease did the trick. Really nice network that’s perfect for a series of laps. Some fun trail features and really thoughtful construction. They made the most out of a lack of elevation by throwing twists and turns all over the place.

The rain early AM tacked things up nicely.

Ill be back for sure.

Name:	IMG_3106.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	2.60 MB 
ID:	333902

Name:	IMG_3107.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	2.76 MB 
ID:	333903

The lower trails at Saxon Hill were dry, dusty, and sandy but the upper trails were nice and floral.

Name:	IMG_5766.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	2.13 MB 
ID:	333916

Name:	IMG_5767.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	1.75 MB 
ID:	333917

Yesterday felt like 116f in the shade so I ditched the fanny pack and strapped a tube, multi-tool, and some bits and bobs to my frame. It was my first time trying this. I liked that it was one less thing to think about (it was already on my frame) and there was not pack pushing my shorts down. I would have liked to have carried another CO2 cartridge and my plug kit, but it just wouldn't fit. I use a dropper so a saddle bag won't work.

Is anyone using a top tube bag (like used in bikepacking) or some other frame attachment to carry their tools and spares with them?

Name:	DSC04157.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	777.1 KB 
ID:	333965

Yesterday felt like 116f in the shade so I ditched the fanny pack and strapped a tube, multi-tool, and some bits and bobs to my frame. It was my first time trying this. I liked that it was one less thing to think about (it was already on my frame) and there was not pack pushing my shorts down. I would have liked to have carried another CO2 cartridge and my plug kit, but it just wouldn't fit. I use a dropper so a saddle bag won't work.

Is anyone using a top tube bag (like used in bikepacking) or some other frame attachment to carry their tools and spares with them?

Name:	DSC04157.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	777.1 KB 
ID:	333965
    I have one of those on my fat bike and I hit it with my knees on techy stuff, so not a big fan. A friend has the front triangle frame pack on his Hightower and that works well. He uses straps for some other stuff...maybe a tube...I forget.

Are you going on 4-5 hour rides? I don’t get your obsession with packs and adding weight to your bikes. I just don’t.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Not sure why you can’t use a small tool pouch on your seat, I have one that works fine on my dropper, holds my toolkit, co2, a tube and tire irons and still has room for my keys and a energy bar or two. On the other hand I am also still riding 26” tires, so maybe it’s a clearance thing with 29?

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Are you going on 4-5 hour rides? I don’t get your obsession with packs and adding weight to your bikes. I just don’t.
    ???

Do you carry tools/spares/etc on a ride?

Quote Originally Posted by eldereldo View Post
    Not sure why you can’t use a small tool pouch on your seat, I have one that works fine on my dropper, holds my toolkit, co2, a tube and tire irons and still has room for my keys and a energy bar or two. On the other hand I am also still riding 26” tires, so maybe it’s a clearance thing with 29?
    Doesn't the strap that wraps around the seat post get hung up in the dropper mechanism?